Clan Mechs And C-Bill Earning

19 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

seems like earning C-bills in clan mech without a premium account is a bit pain.

ive had games where we won with me doing the most damage, most kill assists and still it would make very less amount of C-bills

i guess clan mechs and premium account is a must now...

#2 CG Chicken Kn

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Ummm no? Cbill earnings are the same for either IS or Clanmechs. Rebuild your Prime to what you ike, and enjoy increased earnings.

#3 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostCG Chicken Kn, on 22 June 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Ummm no? Cbill earnings are the same for either IS or Clanmechs. Rebuild your Prime to what you ike, and enjoy increased earnings.

umm idk man..earning might be same on both but clan arent clan mechs more expensive to repair? and if thats the case it will mean you will be making less c-bills

#4 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Clan 'Mechs are actually much less labor intensive to repair since they use largely standardized parts.

#5 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 June 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

umm idk man..earning might be same on both but clan arent clan mechs more expensive to repair? and if thats the case it will mean you will be making less c-bills

There haven't been repair costs since december 2012.

#6 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Clan 'Mechs are currently just as hard to repair as IS 'Mechs, since there is no R&R and thus no repair costs at all. Same earnings and no extra costs make it pretty equal.

The fact, that the earnings are pitiful overall is another matter entirely.

#7 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Repair costs are irrelevant anyway, as repair and rearm is not in-game.

Aside from that your (I) Configurations (Primes) will be getting Hero-level bonus c-bill earnings (+30%).

Finally, Clan and IS mechs use exactly the same earning schedule as far as reward sources are concerned. If anything, Clan propensity for waste damage due to weapon mechanics should inflate scores and thus result in more c-bill earnings for raw damage output.

#8 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

well without a premium account on IS mechs i was making 0.5 million cbills every day.. ( i dont play too much). same time play with clan mechs and i am making less amount of cbills.. and the amount of kill assists, damage done is much higher than the IS mechs..thats what got me thinking

#9 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 June 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

expensive to repair

repair

Posted Image

#10 CG Chicken Kn

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

500 000 cbills a day on average? That is like.. 5 or 6 games. At the most. If you lose 4 of them.

Here is an earnings tip. Run something faster. When I run my lights or fast (105 kph) mediums, I go to places where I can get snap peaks at enemies as they move in. Every single time I spot something, cbill and xp bonus. More if I am the first one to see them and "R" target them. As in be the one that puts the letter designation on them. I have it on a side mouse button to make it very easy to do,

Run advanced sensor module and a BAP for 1200 meter targeting range. This alone can add 20 or 30 thousand cbills to every game if done well.

Focus firing makes more cbills too. When you see "saviour kill" roll by, that is also a bonus to xp and cbills, You don't have to actually get the kill, just be firing on the target when it dies. Basically everything that is a co-operative act pays bonuses.

If you are never on the front line ever, you earn less. This does not mean you need to lead a push, just cycle in and out of the lead to draw fire and then cycle back to get un-primaried. Whenever I am feeling lazy and run a LRM boat, (which is not often) ,I earn quite a bit less, .

With my premium from clan pack purchase and running the prime variant, I run 170k to 220k on a winning game. 130k to 150k on a loss. So cut that in 1/2 for non premium, non bonused mech.But i am not usually the first one or two to die either.

"Snipers" who hide way in the back will ALWAYS earn far less, if that is your playstyle. Nothing wrong with it, other than usually being ineffective, just less profitable.

If you see a difference on your clan mechs, this may be because you are playing more cautiously on mechs you are still getting used to. Meh, Be glad there is no repair, you cannot lose money,

Edited by CG Chicken Kn, 23 June 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#11 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Cbill earning is hard?

PGI took 5m cbills from me because my net had to be choppy and I Disconnected a few matches it lasted only 2 days
them people just looking for ways to stuck it up in your ass

#12 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Averaging 225k C-bills per match in my Kit Foxes, with Premium Time.

Highest was 383k. If anything you're going to get more cbills in clan mechs by way of spreading damage and component destructions.

#13 CG Chicken Kn

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

View Postvash021, on 23 June 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

Cbill earning is hard?

PGI took 5m cbills from me because my net had to be choppy and I Disconnected a few matches it lasted only 2 days
them people just looking for ways to stuck it up in your ass

If disco's got end game cbill bonuses people would run off the edge of the map and die on purpose in a Spider over and over. When repair and re-arm was in game, we saw this all the time. Or forced disco's to exploit the same thing.

#14 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Cbill earning suck for IS and Clan mechs even with the 30% bonus, and premium time...

It's not too bad if you win the match and you get a bunch of assists, but when you get the losing streaks where your team only kills 1-2 mechs, it starts to be slow way down...
Seeing as recently I have had a lot of bad luck with the matchmaker and have been getting more and more losses, my cbill earning is way down... (that is with IS and Clan mechs as I have been switching things up between them)

#15 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

I'm wondering if lack of pinpoint damage from Clan mechs is possibly causing a loss in salvage bonus? I mean, if clan mechs have to spread damage all over IS mechs before they down them, isn't it possible that not having those couple of AC/40 instakills is reducing salvage amounts?

Just a thought as I'm not an expert in the reward system, nor do I own any clan mechs.

#16 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 June 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

well without a premium account on IS mechs i was making 0.5 million cbills every day.. ( i dont play too much). same time play with clan mechs and i am making less amount of cbills.. and the amount of kill assists, damage done is much higher than the IS mechs..thats what got me thinking

The payout rewards are the same for IS or Clan mechs, so if you are making less now it's because you are doing less things that earn money. Damage is the least weighted payout, kills, assists, component destruction, etc all are more important than raw damage.

#17 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

I've earnt roughly 20,000,000-30,000,000 C-Bills just in my Kit Fox Prime over the last 2 days.
An average of 150-200k a match.

This is equivalent to, or slightly higher than my Ember.

Clan C-Bill earnings are fine, you just need to get used to the slightly different style of play.

#18 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostCG Chicken Kn, on 23 June 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

If disco's got end game cbill bonuses people would run off the edge of the map and die on purpose in a Spider over and over. When repair and re-arm was in game, we saw this all the time. Or forced disco's to exploit the same thing.

you dont get it
i had close to 30m cbills they took 5m and left me with 25m cbills because my net disconnected 3- 4 times in 2 days

i did not DC all day long just 3 or 4 matches because of my net
If they would just make it that Disconnected players get no cbills and XP it would be better rather than penalizing me for something I did not intend to do

#19 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 June 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

seems like earning C-bills in clan mech without a premium account is a bit pain.

ive had games where we won with me doing the most damage, most kill assists and still it would make very less amount of C-bills

i guess clan mechs and premium account is a must now...

C-bill earning is pain period. They need to bump up by about %25 across the board.

#20 Lucky Strongarm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostDrasari, on 23 June 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

C-bill earning is pain period. They need to bump up by about %25 across the board.

Agreed. You shouldn't need to drop 40 matches in order to afford a module.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users