5 replies to this topic

#1 Gofer

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

I've been a regular pilot of front line support LRM boats for almost 2 years now in this game and watched behavior change over time.

Currently, I'm seeing 2 behaviors that trouble me and impact game play significantly.

(1) Locked LRM Crashing. WIth in-range targets locked, I have frequent cases where fired LRMS crash into the ground rather than chase enemy units over a shallow horizion.

This behavior has never been this way.

(2) LRM Damage Mitigation. 4 LRM 30 Alpha strikes dropped on a fresh stationary Nova at 400 meters, line of site LRM 5s with Arty... mech takes minimal damage (does not get past yellow outline). The Nova had no AMS, nor were there nearby enemy units with AMS to cover target.

Simply very little damage occured - similar to when Missle damage was broken recently.

This situation seems to be more common as I engage more and more smaller clan mechs - usually without AMS.

What gives.

Please discuss and advise?

#2 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostGofer, on 24 June 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

I've been a regular pilot of front line support LRM boats for almost 2 years now in this game and watched behavior change over time.

Currently, I'm seeing 2 behaviors that trouble me and impact game play significantly.

(1) Locked LRM Crashing. WIth in-range targets locked, I have frequent cases where fired LRMS crash into the ground rather than chase enemy units over a shallow horizion.

This behavior has never been this way.

(2) LRM Damage Mitigation. 4 LRM 30 Alpha strikes dropped on a fresh stationary Nova at 400 meters, line of site LRM 5s with Arty... mech takes minimal damage (does not get past yellow outline). The Nova had no AMS, nor were there nearby enemy units with AMS to cover target.

Simply very little damage occured - similar to when Missle damage was broken recently.

This situation seems to be more common as I engage more and more smaller clan mechs - usually without AMS.

What gives.

Please discuss and advise?

LRMs were messed up on the PTS, along with Artemis being fubar as well.

They seemed to have fixed the lock on portion of Artemis, but the rest of it seems to have made it live.

I personally made posts, so did Kynnelle and a few others.

I'm scared to make a stink for fear of Paul mucking with it and causing another LRMageddon.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 24 June 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#3 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

This is a known bug and is reported (a few times) over in the patch feedback.

It is very annoying, to say the least, to have a volley hit the dirt after lock. Hell, even with solid lock, sometimes a group decides to just go off and chill at the bar while the rest of the bees find their target.

So it goes.

#4 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostOni Ralas, on 24 June 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

This is a known bug and is reported (a few times) over in the patch feedback.

It is very annoying, to say the least, to have a volley hit the dirt after lock. Hell, even with solid lock, sometimes a group decides to just go off and chill at the bar while the rest of the bees find their target.

So it goes.

We all know it's a known bug and we all know several people have reported it. What we don't know is WHY ISN'T PGI RESPONDING TO LET US KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO FIX THIS?

Very frustrating, and I hope to see 100 more similar reports of this major bug until Piranha FIXES them or at least gets back to us with some FEEDBACK of their own!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 June 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#5 Vela Ventare

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

I have DEFINITELY been noticing this "false lock" issue a LOT, where the target will be indicated as positive-lock, and the missles go out enturely unguided, commonly smashing the hill right in front of you if you happen to be firing them from behind cover. But it isnt just when behind cover, they are completely unguided in these instances of false lock indication, as if firing without any lock whatsoever.

#6 Sharknoms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 129 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

I also want to add that LRMs currently seem to deal their most damage to the leg even when stadning still
and letting them rain (I know not best idea)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users