Slot Violation

19 replies to this topic

#1 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

so a bought and equiped 2 gaus rifles and ammo and god knows what else and now all my money vanished and i have no guns and a have a slot violation error and i have no idea wtf is going on

did i lose my money now cuz if i did im just gonna delete this game becouse its so unclear at wtf it just did

#2 Warma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I have not heard of this bug.
Post this in the support forums and describe exactly what happened and your current situation. The mods might be able to help.

#3 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Had this happen to me, just go into the mech lab, re-save your mech and exit, when you go back in all the equipment you paid for will be in your inventory... failing that raise a support ticket .

#4 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

It happens when the game gives you more weps than you can hold. Bug that still months later still happens and your invalid. (also happens with to much ammo)

#5 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

its like i never bought it... i just wasted 2m credits on this ****....and jea i circled the wrong rifle

Edited by RePlayBoy101, 06 July 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#6 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

I can see two gauss rfiles in your inventory on that screen shot. You just cant fit them beause its to heavy. .. I'm going to hazard a guess that the UAC5 and AC2 on the other arm has something to do with that. :)

Edited by Boris The Spider, 06 July 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#7 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostBoris The Spider, on 06 July 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

I can see two gauss rfiles in your inventory on that screen shot. You just cant fit them beause its to heavy. .. I'm going to hazard a guess that the UAC5 and AC2 on the other arm has something to do with that. :)

no it says i have to buy them ... i tryed that...

#8 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

Strip all weps and re-equip.

#9 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Have you tried stripping the mech and starting from scratch? Never seen the game say you have 2 of something in your inventory then try to make you buy more before ftting what you got.

#10 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostBoris The Spider, on 06 July 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

Have you tried stripping the mech and starting from scratch? Never seen the game say you have 2 of something in your inventory then try to make you buy more before ftting what you got.

i have reset it yes...

View PostBoris The Spider, on 06 July 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

ill reboot the game... maybe that will help

#11 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostRePlayBoy101, on 06 July 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

no it says i have to buy them ... i tryed that...

The gauss rifle says

Owned: 2 ?

#12 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

You marked the wrong gun in your picture.

#13 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

I know you don't want to hear this, but you're gonna have a tough time managing dual gauss rifles if you're having a rough time configuring your mech.

Also, you shouldn't really be dropping all your c-bills on a single configuration, if you have to make adjustments, you're out of cash.

#14 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

Can also happen with Double Heat Sinks, had an ER PPC and sinks in the right arm, hadn't played my BLR-1G in awhile and apparently claimed I had a slot violation, but it just said it was removing the overhung heat sink rather than stripping the arm, completely.

#15 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Build it on smurfy then in mech lab. Even then you run into issues. When you do close the game then reload. The load out system is pretty miserable to work with and bugs out a lot.

#16 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostCycKath, on 07 July 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Can also happen with Double Heat Sinks, had an ER PPC and sinks in the right arm, hadn't played my BLR-1G in awhile and apparently claimed I had a slot violation, but it just said it was removing the overhung heat sink rather than stripping the arm, completely.

That's because they added a hand actuator to the BLR's right arm. Cosmetically, there was one there, canonically, there was one there, but when the Project Phoenix hit they somehow left it out. WHen the clan package hit they fixed this oversight, but in the process invalidated some builds (my "Light Show" BLR-1G(P) no longer had enough crits for heat sink number 22, so I cut it and tacked in an AMS and a half -ton of ammo).

#17 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Weird. I thought all of this was covered in the "Mechlab Tutorial."

Oh, wait, that was MW3 or MW4. MW:O doesn't have useful tutorials. Sorry.

#18 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

The problem usually arises when the game fails to save all the changes. Typically that means it puts in all the new stuff but doesn't remove all the things you took out, leaving more things in a location than it can support (crits, tonnage, or hard points, I've had it do all three at one time or another).

#19 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

View PostEscef, on 07 July 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

That's because they added a hand actuator to the BLR's right arm. Cosmetically, there was one there, canonically, there was one there, but when the Project Phoenix hit they somehow left it out. WHen the clan package hit they fixed this oversight, but in the process invalidated some builds (my "Light Show" BLR-1G(P) no longer had enough crits for heat sink number 22, so I cut it and tacked in an AMS and a half -ton of ammo).

I did wonder if that was it, thanks for confirming :unsure:

#20 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostRePlayBoy101, on 06 July 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

its like i never bought it... i just wasted 2m credits on this ****....and jea i circled the wrong rifle

Dude you circled the AC20 in your picture, not the Gauss rifles. Look 2 weapons to the right and viola!! 2 Gauss rifles in your inventory! If there is ever a save bug like that you'll still purchase the equipment and they will go into your inventory. If you were wanting to purchase 2 AC20s then you just picked the wrong weapon thats all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users