• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 26 June 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Known issue? No ****.
Does the term "low hanging fruit" mean anything to PGI? Because they're essentially living in an orchard ripe for the picking.

So what do you want them to say or do.... Hand deliver the reply on a red velvet pillow with Russ personally shaking your hand and promising that they will pull the entire team in to solve this issue.

It is a hit-box issue, i am sure it will get solved in due to time. But i have a hard time seeing it being a very high priority right now, and by house Cameron i start to feel like a broken record but i think that any time devoted to maps right now will go in to making new maps... as per the community's request.

#22 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 26 June 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

So what do you want them to say or do....
It is a hit-box issue

Fix it? It's been literally months, and this is the sort of job an intern could fix in less than an hour.
http://docs.cryengin...3/Physics+Proxy

#23 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

This is what 250k gets you folks....

#24 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 23 June 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm really sick of trying to slug people and hitting stupid invisible walls. Tourmaline is pretty bad on the ridges, but the hit boxes of the pillars in the middle of HPG are simply atrocious and should never have it past QA.

PGI please take the 15 minutes it takes to fix these hit boxes.

Entire damn game is like that......

#25 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

This is probably the most frustrating thing for me, personally. Sure there are other bothersome things, but this has a direct impact on my enjoyment of the gameplay, which I still feel is good over all. Having my lasers/bullets smash into the ground where there is no ground grinds my gears. If I fire the guns on my Atlas and they hit the ground because I didn't clear the terrain properly, that's on me as a pilot. Hitting invisible pilons/crystals and therefore doing no damage is just demoralizing, especially when I'm also being shot.

#26 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 23 June 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm really sick of trying to slug people and hitting stupid invisible walls. Tourmaline is pretty bad on the ridges, but the hit boxes of the pillars in the middle of HPG are simply atrocious and should never have it past QA.

PGI please take the 15 minutes it takes to fix these hit boxes.

Yes, welcome to MWO, where the land of invisible terrain hitboxes stretch as far as the eye can see,,,

#27 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostJosef Koba, on 07 July 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

This is probably the most frustrating thing for me, personally. Sure there are other bothersome things, but this has a direct impact on my enjoyment of the gameplay, which I still feel is good over all. Having my lasers/bullets smash into the ground where there is no ground grinds my gears. If I fire the guns on my Atlas and they hit the ground because I didn't clear the terrain properly, that's on me as a pilot. Hitting invisible pilons/crystals and therefore doing no damage is just demoralizing, especially when I'm also being shot.

Yeah, it can be more than a bit dispiriting to maneuver correctly, line up a perfect shot on some unsuspecting guy, and then see all of your efforts go to waste when your barrage explodes against an invisible wall. Incidentally, now he knows that someone is trying to shoot at him, so he moves position and you have to relocate.

#28 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the terrain hit boxes in this game SSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCk.....

The buildings on River city training grounds up by that Catapult and down the bridge by the Atlas.....you will aim 10 feet beyond them and still shoot the "corner" of the building...

This game really needs to rethink their geometry....

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users