More Maps Please

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we need more maps? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need more maps?

1. NO (1 votes [1.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.37%

2. YES (72 votes [98.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ghrast

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

MORE MAPS Please. Also I would like to be able to remove some maps from my cycle. I despise river city night....

#2 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

I second the cry for more maps! Give us 2 new large maps!

HPG manifold is my favourite!

Caustic valley makes me spew all over my monitor everytime it loads up though!

#3 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Many minds, many opinions. I actually like Caustic Valley but I believe we still need at least some influence over the selection of maps that we drop on. Even a simple priority list might work.

#4 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Yes Yes Yes YEEEES!!!!

I am getting crazy, how long do we have to wait for the next map!?
It is getting really boring to drop over and over on the same maps.

But then, you cannot sell maps. So PGI rather releases another mech......
OMG, I shouldn't have written that.
The next map will probably be a 30$ DLC package.

#5 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Maps take a lot of money to make.

I would love a new map sometime though.

- aquatic in particular.

#6 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Maps don't HAVE to take a lot of money or time to make, they just told you that. Make a heightmap, add game mode assets (spawns, objectives), maybe some trees and plants. done. They don't NEED expensive custom assets, and they can always be added later. Maps don't have to be Disneyland, we just need a field to play in. PGI totally over thinks maps, get them out there and then tweak them later. The selection is pitiful and inexcusable.

#7 BetaVirus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

they need to make a point of putting out a set of 3-5 new maps. after that we need a new map every 3 months at least.

Or open map making to the public for official review to be added in the game. We, the people, can make more maps in 3 months that PGI can make in 12.

#8 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yes
Mor MAPS plz...

#9 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

GIANT CITY MAP LIKE NYC.

#10 reaverOfCheesecake

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

View Postkuangmk11, on 26 June 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Maps don't HAVE to take a lot of money or time to make, they just told you that. Make a heightmap, add game mode assets (spawns, objectives), maybe some trees and plants. done. They don't NEED expensive custom assets, and they can always be added later. Maps don't have to be Disneyland, we just need a field to play in. PGI totally over thinks maps, get them out there and then tweak them later. The selection is pitiful and inexcusable.

OMG... haunted disney land map... YES PLEASE :-)

#11 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yes, we need new maps. But I think the Clan packages must haven taken a toll on the Devs, and I guess they just want a rest. I don't know how hard the push for Community Warfare is on for them, but new maps/ modifications would be great. I've gotten somewhat bored of some maps, and so many others have as well. We COULD ask for more maps (Which I'm am not against it, but I don't think it's in the devs immediate best interests now.) like a large-scale urban city based map, an open canyon, a grasslands valley, or any other type of map the Devs can throw at us. BUT what could make us the players less bored more often would suggest modifying the old maps for the game-mode conquest.

Please just modify the old maps. If you the Devs could place the control points for Conquest to different sections of some of the large scale maps, the community could experience more of the map and make use of more of it. PLEASE, the Crimson Strait should make use of the Island by just having Gamma/Sigma or Theta placed on it. In Alpine Peaks the valley south/underneath of Mount. Rushmore could be home of many battles, without the decision of just one lance making a decisive decision and flanking there. We don't want to flank through there, a battle there would be interesting at least in my opinion. Well we so have some unpredictability on that map; bunching Kappa, Theta, and Eps near each other just below it, but it is a huge map however. Same with Terra Therma, and Tourmaline. Just a few edits to those maps would be great, and expand the life of this game.

Plus Small Maps could be changed a little also. In Forest Colony the boat could be replaced with some rock pillar objects; there, now we have snipers ALL OVER the water bed, and the cave could be expanded to into a small cove, with a short steep drop where boats could possibly operate.

Many of us would appreciate these type of changes; in the long run we would. Hopefully now, or after Community Warfare. I'm eager for both so keep it up PGI.

#12 Kaywinnet Lee Frye

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

I think more maps and more scenarios to go along with those maps would be awesome. The conquest / skirmish / assault scenarios get a bit dull after a while.

#13 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostreaverOfCheesecake, on 02 July 2014 - 04:27 AM, said:

haunted disney land

aka. Canopian pleasure circus :D

#14 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Agreed with new maps but not at all.

In my though there are some things faster to implement respect a bunch of new map:
- chance to choice 4vs4, 8vs8 and 12vs12
- different weather condition and day time in maps

Whit this you triple tactics for every maps and differentiate every match.

8vs8 in night Tourmaline Desert? 12vs12 in fog alpine peaks? Or 4vs4 in rainy Crimson Strait?

Same maps, different feelings and tactics, hard to be bored.

Edited by Boyka, 07 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#15 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I've been wanting them to use community participation to create a map pack. Tripwire Interactive which is another small indie company has done this for Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, and Red Orchestra 2 successfully making for more content from the users as to what they desire. Before they create a contest they just throw in some explicit rules to follow for whats needed to be on a successful map and have a legal document stating anything submitted no longer belongs to the user who created it. They do minor edits to make it shippable and push that out as more content for users.

I've been trying to get the Community Map Pack as a real thing, but haven't gotten any traction. More supporters might help though. This could help add more variety for the future of Community Warfare and other endeavors they're pushing for as well by potentially freeing up artists and designers for other things to work on.

While I think this would be a successful strategy for Maps, I don't think this would work for much else in their content. namely mechs as the balance issues that could arise from that.

#16 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Need more maps but not trash like alpine, tourmaline and HPG. Give us maps that do NOT give an inherent advantage based on drop zone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users