911 Help!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

i just upgraded my system and had to replace my motherboard, and replace the brand new motherboard.it has no onboard graphics and i have a gigabyte radeon hd 7770 video card (which is running right now but im having problems) i upgraded win 32bit to 64 bit.and my comp keeps loading ati 760g drivers (maybe vga?) and radeon hd3000 drivers(which is boggling my mind) then i get a message saying it has trouble loading my 7770 drivers and its driving me crazy...

should i replace the 2nd new motherboard?
should i try reinstalling windows again?its a brand new install
i dont think its my vid card unless the new MB screwed it up

any help would be appreciated im afraid if i turn off the comp it will reload those drivers and screw me up.

i havent been able to shoot anything in weeks and i need to shoot sumptin!

Edited by Gorantir, 14 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#2 EXEOBUREC

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

hd 7770 760g (tx maybe?) and hd 3000 is completely different videocards so drivers from one of it has no way to be installed to another. You need^
1 BE SHURE what videocard(s) installed on your system for now
2 manually download drivers for this cards (be shure it is 64 bit for your version of windows)
3 install this drivers without reboot (if you have more than 1 videocard - buildin cpu for example)
THEN reboot pc and if you cant see anything at your monitor for several minutes dont panic and just replace videocable to another videocard video out after that in driver programms just choose what videocard you want to do your main and switch to it and replace videocable to THAT videocard video out

#3 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

We need to know exactly what error you're getting. What do you mean it says it "has trouble"?

#4 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Did you do a fresh install of Windows?

#5 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

ok, i returned my asrock board for a gigabyte and seem to be running smoothly,the asrock board would only boot up every other time and had no onboard video but kept loading the drivers for it,that would knock out my 7770 drivers, this is my 3rd new MB in a month.i think my nightmare is over, thanks for responses.

#6 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Glad you got it fixed, just so you know, the AMD 760g chipset DOES have onboard graphics, and is one of the last ones to do so. I believe it still has the old Radeon HD3210 or something like that video. Asrock may have chosen not to provide connectors for it, but it definitely has the capability. In this case, you'd be better off running the dedicated card on the stock windows drivers until you get the full 760g package in, including video drivers, then install the Catalyst drivers for the HD7770. Frankly I'm surprised there was no bios/uefi option to turn off the onboard chip if no connectors were provided.

Also, as others have noted, a fresh install of Windows on a new hardware rarely runs into this issue.

#7 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'm sure there was a setting to disable the onboard video. Also, you could deleted the onboard driver in device manager then disabled it.

#8 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

the board was buggy i kept disabling and uninstalling the drivers with a fresh windows install, id get the vid card recognized then it would load vga and cause a problem with the video card every other reboot half of my windows updates would fail.this new board hasn't given me a single problem.(in the past 6 hours)heh

Edited by Gorantir, 15 July 2014 - 05:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users