A Slight Alteration To Some Pods

2 replies to this topic

#1 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

I was going through the Canon variants of the Clan omnimechs to see what I can do to run them In MWO and a few variants popped up as being impossible to fit due to hardpoint limitations. It would be nice to do something to make it so we can actually run those canon variants, and that means adding a couple hardpoints to some things. Note that in most cases it's something like 1 hardpoint in one pod, so it's nothing crazy, I'm asking for.

First, the kit fox G. The first thing to note about that variant is it has missiles in the torso; none of the torso pods in MWO have missile hardpoints there (in fact 2 variants entirely lack hardpoints in the torsos), but you can just ues the D arm to mount the missiles. THis leads to the second problem. if you use the D arm, you can't fit the ECM, but if you use the S arm, you are down a laser, and if you fit both S arms you have the ECM and all the lasers but are down a missile launcher.

Solution: Add a missile launcher hardpoint to one of the Kit Fox's torsos (i'd love if there were a pod on both sides with a hardpoint for missiles, but only the 1 is needed)

Second the Nova C and D both have a missile launcher on them (C has an SRM 4 in the LT, D has an LRM 20 in the RA). Unless I am mistaken, there are no pods anywhere for the nova that have missile hardpoints.

Solution: Add either add a Variant C LT pod or a Variant D RA pod with a missile hardpoint.

The Stormcrow B has 6 MLs in the RA and 1 UAC/20 in the LA. Fitting the UAC/20 requires you to use the C variant LA. Given the right pods you can then fit 2 MLs in the RA and 1 ML each in the head and side torsos leaving you shot a hardpoint for the last laser

Solution: add and energy hardpoint to the variant C left arm.

The Summoner F has an LRM 10 in the LT, a UAC/5 in each arm and an ERML in each arm and the RT. Again, like the Stromcrow, the closest aproximation is short an energy hardpoint.

Solution: Ad 1 Energy hardpoint to the Summoner Prime LA

Lastly, the Warhawk S has jump jets. I'm not sure what to think about this one. Jump jets on an assault warrant DO-NOT-WANT reactions, and youd either have to make an S chassis or one torso have 2 jump jet hardpoints as the canon variant has 1 JJ in each torso section.

Solution: Eh ignore it.

#2 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Anybody?

#3 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

The Summoner, at least, is in desperate need of more hardpoints. Most of these issues, however, will be fixed once PGI begins rolling out more omnipods, as they said they will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users