Making Modules Fun To Use

No replies to this topic

Poll: Module selection screen at Launch (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support implementation of this mechanic?

1. Yes, it would save me a ton of clicks and I could do more killing. (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, I like the fiddly bits. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I really couldn't give a Kodiak. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Krysic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

Here's the idea:

Automatically strip the modules off every mech after a drop. Then implement a screen during the drop load or game search where you select your modules for the match.

Ex. I finish a match with my shock absorbance module equipped. As I load back to UI2.0 it is automatically stripped from the mech. I select a new mech and click play now, make my selections and launch. As the game searches for a match and begins to load an overlay pops up allowing me to select the modules I want for the current match. Then I'm dropped in, ready up and start killing, or dying...or just run around screaming "We're all gonna die!" in capital letters.

The only reason I can imagine for the functionality of the system as implemented now is that you want people to buy modules for each mech, however this isn't a positive aspect of gameplay in my opinion. Ease of use and value for money equates to sales, ask any mogul with billions of dollars from merchandising. Games are no different. Right now people are using the same modules on all their mechs anyway, it just takes forever to switch them over.

Philosophically, if you create a more streamlined and simplified system more people will use it, feel respected and love your company for it. Eventually, they'll start buying things they DON'T need from you because they like you. Like all those extra modules...oh and paint....and Trebuchets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users