Better Kill Rewards

better kill reward

13 replies to this topic

#1 RuneOfDeath

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:47 AM

I think that you dont get enough cash for a kill, often even less than for an assist.I had the idea, that when you core someone, both side torsi and arms count as destroyed components (if theyre still there. This would give you some more cash for a kill while still being balanced against what you get from an assist, especially if you destroyed components for that assist (this will give the killer a little less money then). What do you guys think?

#2 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:52 AM

You get at least 1 component per kill don't forget. More if you take off weapon arms etc rather than just drop everything onto their ct. There's also a salvage reward don't forget.

#3 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

I think dmg is more important than kills.
In this way team work has a meaning, and "kill thieves" get less c-bills.

#4 RuneOfDeath

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

View PostRemarius, on 03 September 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

You get at least 1 component per kill don't forget. More if you take off weapon arms etc rather than just drop everything onto their ct. There's also a salvage reward don't forget.

I know that, but for 1 destroyed component plus a kill, you get 6400 cbills wihle getting 6500cbills for an assist. I dont frop most enemies by just coring them, but if i take of the weapons and then get the assist, my reward is higher than if i would have just killed my enemy.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 03 September 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

I think dmg is more important than kills.
In this way team work has a meaning, and "kill thieves" get less c-bills.

The idea is not bad, but pilots of lighter mechs would always get less rewards than pilots of heavier mechs, which is of course not fair. (maybe different damage multipliers for different weight classes?).Let me know what you think.

#5 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostRuneOfDeath, on 03 September 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

The idea is not bad, but pilots of lighter mechs would always get less rewards than pilots of heavier mechs, which is of course not fair. (maybe different damage multipliers for different weight classes?).Let me know what you think.

Yes, I noted that using lights. Maybe a solution would be to increase (or to double) the c-bills reward for using narc/tag/spot in a light mech. Also, ecm is quite specific for light mechs: I would see fair a reward for countering/disrupting enemy mechs too.

#6 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

Not being rude but I have 1,200/6 kill games in my Adder so being in a light doesn't stop you being effective in combat. ;)

The Counter bonus is decent already as you tend to get it quite a lot but its not exclusive to lights as any LRMer is probably running a tag and I often have BAP on a brawler.

A lot of my favourite lights have no capability to carry ECM so why penalise them when the ECM carrier already gets a huge advantage which they should be using to be more effective... and therefore earn more xp/c-bills.

ECM is coincidentally not specific to lights as the Cicada 3M is a medium and the AS7-D-DC is an assault.

PS: I am all for role rewards coincidentally I just think they need to be quite targetted.

Edited by Remarius, 04 September 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#7 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

how about they fix rewards all together to make them more team based instead of just based on kills.

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostRuneOfDeath, on 03 September 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

I think that you dont get enough cash for a kill, often even less than for an assist.

Everyone wants kills anyway, it feels rewarding as is. Better cash and XP rewards for assists is to encourage team play.

View PostBigbacon, on 04 September 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

how about they fix rewards all together to make them more team based instead of just based on kills.

Rewards are also there for NARC, TAG, and spotting. Rewards for making others aware of tactical situations and planning are VERY difficult to quantify.

#9 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

Kill rewards already disproportionately favor someone using big PPFLD weapons to land the kill shots. It's simply not that difficult to get a kill if you can send 30+ points of instant damage to one location.

#10 Theallmightyevil

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

To me MWO is a team-game (and let's face it good teamwork always wins matches) so I'm rather content with the way rewards are calculated.

I run damage dealing and support builds and I wouldn't want to be penalized for playing a particular role on the battlefield.

I've seen players score 4 kills with under 200dmg and no assists as well as zero kills with over 600dmg and it's quite possible that both were contributing to the success of their team.
And having an able spotter on your team is a huge advantage since you can't kill what you can't see (being warned about an ECM-shielded lance trying to flank your team is priceless).

#11 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:51 AM

You don't need more rewards for kills.

People will shoot team mates to score a last hit as is.

#12 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

Sadly true.... < lost his entire right side to a friendly volley this morning... didn't need those triple Artemis guided RM 6's anyway. :D

#13 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

You actually do not get better rewards for assists than for Kills.

You get rewards depending on how much damage you inflicted (Bonus damage for component destruction can go to either the assister if he destroys a component earlier or the killer who destroyed the final critical component). Defender kill or saviour kill go to anyone on your team who dealt damage in the time windown required for that to be fullfilled (Damage the opponent while he is on your base for defender and after the target has damaged a low HP teammate of yours).

If you deal 100 damage to the opponent and someone gets the kill with only inflicting the last 1 damage point, then you get more rewards for those 100 damage points. It is also inverseley true if you deal 1 damage, but the other teammate gets the kill after dealing a further 100 damage to that mech, you will get a lot less rewards for that assist than the guy with the large amount of damage and the kill shot.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 05 September 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

I've suggested this before, and I'll suggest it again: kill and assist rewards should be boosted based on the percentage of damage you dealt to the killing component. So if you 'kill steal' a shot on the CT, maybe that was your only shot on that component all match and you dealt 6.5dmg to it in total, you get a baseline kill reward plus your 6.5dmg. But the the guy who dealt all the damage to that component leading to the kill gets rewarded significantly.

Conversely, if your teamate dealt all of his damage to the front of a mech, but you sneak around back and deal 100% dmg to the rear CT for the kill, you get the baseline kill reward, plus your damage, plus the %dmg to killing component, while your teammate only gets baseline assist reward plus damage.

As an afterthought, this could apply to all components: if you deal 90%dmg to somebody's arm, and a teammate shoots that arm off, you get that 90%dmg reward boost. But you wouldn't get that extra
credit boost if the arm was never blown off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users