18 replies to this topic

#1 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,666 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

This thread will serve as a place to focus our discussion on any rearranging, consolidation, reformating, or other improvements to this New Player section of the forum. At the forefront is a collaborative effort to compile FAQs from the Short Question, Short Answer thread (http://mwomercs.com/...n-short-answer/).

***Note***
I'm not asking for all questions and answers, just the most common or useful ones.

First, does anyone want to start a Google doc? I do not have a Google account. https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Second: Pick out which page numbers you'd like to compile FAQs for. I'll take 1-10.
Praetor Knight has 11-20.

Third: If an FAQ matches PGI's official FAQs in the FAQ section, link to that as the answer instead unless that answer is outdated or not a good answer.

Fourth: I'm going to start a New Mech Recommendation thread since that sort of thing pops up a lot here. http://mwomercs.com/...ecommendations/

Fifth: When we are done, we can get a mod to post our FAQs into the Guide thread or in the official FAQs, lock the current Short Question, Short Answer thread, and create a new one to keep going (it's just getting too long). We can then reference our newly compiled FAQs in the future.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 01 July 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Continued from before on new mech recommendations.
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 27 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

I've seen google docs shared, but haven't started one yet myself, so I can try and dabble with such stuff,

but I can certainly help fill bullet points from a common outline and include visuals as necessesary.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

I think it'd be easier to have an index post of sorts and have Donav...however it's spelled put it in as part of his first post for the SQSA thread.

Ah wait, the googledocs is for organizing what is where. Gotcha.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,666 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Ok I'm making one

Some of the question have been answered over and over, and some might be out of date now. I'd like to archive what we have and start anew. Then maybe do this again in 6 months or a year.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 27 June 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,003 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

List of acronyms? like what the heck is Nerf ---Davegt27

#7 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

I'm positive there was once a thread on terms and dictionaries before, dunno where it is now though in the new players section. BTW Nerf means that something has been downgraded, like let's say PGI nerfed Gauss by making it only firing two at a time; before you could fire unlimited gauss without limit at once, now you need to fire twice to get all four Gauss shots on your crazy Dire Wolf. :blink:

Edited by luxebo, 27 June 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#8 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,003 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

View Postluxebo, on 27 June 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm positive there was once a thread on terms and dictionaries before, dunno where it is now though in the new players section. BTW Nerf means that something has been downgraded, like let's say PGI nerfed Gauss by making it only firing two at a time; before you could fire unlimited gauss without limit at once, now you need to fire twice to get all four Gauss shots on your crazy Dire Wolf. :blink:

[color=#222222]ha ha I am learning about dire wolves since they stomp my into the ground ha ha what’s PGI?[/color]

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 27 June 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

List of acronyms? like what the heck is Nerf ---Davegt27

Nerf, a brand and series of foam dart guns. It refers to taking deadly weapons and turning them into useless foam that no one would ever use again. Or as Lux explained.

PGI is Piranha Games, Inc.

IGP before you ask is Infinite Games Publishing.

#10 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Nice.

And thank you!

I still need some time to learn how google docs works to add, but I'm willing to learn and am willing to share what I know!

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,003 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 June 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Nerf, a brand and series of foam dart guns. It refers to taking deadly weapons and turning them into useless foam that no one would ever use again. Or as Lux explained.

PGI is Piranha Games, Inc.

IGP before you ask is Infinite Games Publishing.

[color=#222222]Thanks when I woke up yesterday it hit me NERF as in nerf football would be soft so its means to soften Duh[/color]

#12 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:24 AM

There are some players who never visit the forums. An improvement of the ingame Tutorial would reach a broader audience.
Nonetheless, thank you for the effort.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I agree. And it's in the works. Last I saw they were 15% done with an improvement to the tutorial system.

#14 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Well, tried adding from pages 11 to 20.

With time, I can keep going, but also wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction with what I've done so far.

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,666 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 01 July 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well, tried adding from pages 11 to 20.

With time, I can keep going, but also wanted to make sure I was going in the right direction with what I've done so far.

Thank you for sorting through all those posts, but Instead of direct quoting, can you paraphrase the questions and answwers? This is where the real work and time is, but it would benefit the effort so much to have short, direct questions and answers. If you can, just go through what you have and with the longer Q&As just try to cut it down to a couple sentences apiece. Also, if the same thing is asked twice just combine them. I just skimmed through the pages, but it looks like there are points that we need to update (for instance, you only get a 2 hr premium time via the website for downloading now instead of 24.) This is really what I was aiming to work towards. Myself, I've only gone through 2 of my pages so far.

#16 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,666 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

As examples of what I'd like to see eventually for new players: http://mwomercs.com/...sked-questions/

but more gameplay related

#17 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Cool, I was on the right track then.

So, I'll be cleaning those up further as time permits me, so that we have direct questions and updated answers.

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,003 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 01 July 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

As examples of what I'd like to see eventually for new players: http://mwomercs.com/...sked-questions/

but more gameplay related
[color="#000000"] [/color]

[color=#222222]Thanks for this, I am instantly learning I would love to see not only FAQ but what you should know right below it for example BAP is Beagle Active Probe but what you should know is must have a slot for it and you must buy it (I think)[/color]

#19 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,666 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Right, pretty much what it is and how to use it, then a short "tips or tricks or detail" maybe in a spoiler right below it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users