4 replies to this topic

#1 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

How many of you have been through the situation where you play a game with mech X then after the game, you swap its loadout to try out different weapons and stuff and then the next game yout change it back, over and over again. I was thinking, WHY not make a loadout slot? Maybe make it 3? and then if people wants to add more, they could just buy it from store for maybe a few MC or CB? or better, make it a free update? Cause I main Jagger and hell, Im tired of changing different loadout every single game haha..

Just saying guys, if you disagree, kindly tell me why, thanks in advance fellow Mech Pilots! o7

#2 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

It'd definitely be nice to save alternate load outs for a mech :(

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

Greetings all,

Part of the next update to the MechLab or UI2.X was to have loadout saves, These are similar to what the smurfy lab has in that it can be 'recalled' by the player and even sent to others.

- If all the parts are in inventory then it's a rather simple selection.
- There may be a cost associated with changing the Mechs build, depending on what parts are changed
- There will definitely be some cost if you've used parts for other Mechs and need to purchase new ones.

An aside:
I would also like a similar function to follow the Mech's to the dropship location but specifically be associated with the Camo that the Mech drops with.
- I set 4 preferences in the Camo lab, Winter, Urban, Desert, Forest, these can just be colour changes for a pattern or complete changes.
- When I know the map I 'set' the camo to match this terrain, or the game does this automatically by referencing the item I have in the appropriate selection.
- This would even allow for Faction or Unit patterns, but possibly altering one of the colours to the Terrain type.
( as what some RL armies do for green, brown, black camo, in winter change the black to white.)

So, your preference to be able to 'save' load-outs is on the list, wither it's in the next build, not sure. But PGI does want this function to be available to the Players.
- Perhaps, we may even be able to use it from the drop ship window?
- Know the map, select the load out that operates best in that environment.
(no more arriving on a hot map with an energy hot Mech.)

9erRed

#4 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

View Post9erRed, on 29 June 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Part of the next update to the MechLab or UI2.X was to have loadout saves, These are similar to what the smurfy lab has in that it can be 'recalled' by the player and even sent to others.

- If all the parts are in inventory then it's a rather simple selection.
- There may be a cost associated with changing the Mechs build, depending on what parts are changed
- There will definitely be some cost if you've used parts for other Mechs and need to purchase new ones.

An aside:
I would also like a similar function to follow the Mech's to the dropship location but specifically be associated with the Camo that the Mech drops with.
- I set 4 preferences in the Camo lab, Winter, Urban, Desert, Forest, these can just be colour changes for a pattern or complete changes.
- When I know the map I 'set' the camo to match this terrain, or the game does this automatically by referencing the item I have in the appropriate selection.
- This would even allow for Faction or Unit patterns, but possibly altering one of the colours to the Terrain type.
( as what some RL armies do for green, brown, black camo, in winter change the black to white.)

So, your preference to be able to 'save' load-outs is on the list, wither it's in the next build, not sure. But PGI does want this function to be available to the Players.
- Perhaps, we may even be able to use it from the drop ship window?
- Know the map, select the load out that operates best in that environment.
(no more arriving on a hot map with an energy hot Mech.)

9erRed

You can read my mind well Sir! +1

#5 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

lots of people want to be able to save and quick load their custom loadouts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users