Connection Issues: Dev Response Requested

76 replies to this topic

#1 vI Rudejester Iv

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Could we get an ETA on the server-side issues causing massive lag spikes/disconnections? Quite a few people are experiencing them, and given that the tech support team seems to have been laid off I figured it was high time to post on the general forums since no one pays attention to the "workaround" forum (what a joke that is not to have a tech support forum with moderators).

Is there any ETA, or should I just remove this game from my hard drive on account of the fact that its coming across like you dont care if the game works for a week and then POW, connectivity issues, so long as you make some quick cash in that first week?

This looks very, VERY bad to new players such as myself to have submitted a ticket on thursday regarding these problems and never recieve a response. Ive scoured the forums looking for fixes, and none of them resolved this problem. I had minor lag issues starting thursday for no reason until 2 days ago when this game became totally unplayable.

Ive been a fan of this series since I was 7 playing MW2, MW2:Mercs, then MW3, and even mechassault on the xbox. Its a crying shame to see the discouraging level of customer service on the technical end, and while I would love to rock this game for the foreseeable future I wont waste a single dime on premium time until these issues are address, resolved, and possibly some sort of compensation is given to those who have put up with these problems for nearly 2 years, given that they were first experienced in 2012.

The last criteria probably wont be met, but at the very least I think that this should be addressed and not brushed under the rug by moving this post because the post itself isnt a technical support request post; its a post requesting someone with the knowhow to step up and address the issue.

Edited by vI Rudejester Iv, 30 June 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#2 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

call your ISP and upgrade your 56k dial up.

#3 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Don't think this is an ISP issue. Had a match this morning where 5 minutes into half the players on both teams suddenly disconnected and no one else was able to hit anyone. Chat had 6+ minutes of lag before messages would show up. Have heard others complaining about similar issues.

#4 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostvI Rudejester Iv, on 30 June 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

Could we get an ETA on the server-side issues causing massive lag spikes/disconnections? Quite a few people are experiencing them, and given that the tech support team seems to have been laid off I figured it was high time to post on the general forums since no one pays attention to the "workaround" forum (what a joke that is not to have a tech support forum with moderators).

Is there any ETA, or should I just remove this game from my hard drive on account of the fact that its coming across like you dont care if the game works for a week and then POW, connectivity issues, so long as you make some quick cash in that first week?

This looks very, VERY bad to new players such as myself to have submitted a ticket on thursday regarding these problems and never recieve a response. Ive scoured the forums looking for fixes, and none of them resolved this problem. I had minor lag issues starting thursday for no reason until 2 days ago when this game became totally unplayable.

Ive been a fan of this series since I was 7 playing MW2, MW2:Mercs, then MW3, and even mechassault on the xbox. Its a crying shame to see the discouraging level of customer service on the technical end, and while I would love to rock this game for the foreseeable future I wont waste a single dime on premium time until these issues are address, resolved, and possibly some sort of compensation is given to those who have put up with these problems for nearly 2 years, given that they were first experienced in 2012.

The last criteria probably wont be met, but at the very least I think that this should be addressed and not brushed under the rug by moving this post because the post itself isnt a technical support request post; its a post requesting someone with the knowhow to step up and address the issue.

#5 vI Rudejester Iv

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 30 June 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

LOL

Oh wait... you were trying to insult me?

Honestly, the forums change but trolls still smell like moldy cabbage with a hint of formaldehyde.

Anyway, back on-topic:

Ive submitted a ticket about the issues, but its been 4 1/2 days without a reply and upon searching the forums I found that this issue has been around for a while. I'm content to wait for a reply given that I have plenty to do on other games, but I am anxiously waiting on said reply in hopes that I can get back in-game and give one-line losers like Mayhem an AC20 round to that very crooked smile of his.

Edited by vI Rudejester Iv, 30 June 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#6 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I've been playing since open beta and rarely have these issues. If you would like some help troubleshooting, I'd be glad to assist. Can you provide more information? What hardware are you using? Where are you located. What time does this occur? What do you mean by "lag spike"? Does this mean your ping goes up? Maybe a drop in FPS? Could it be packet loss?

Also try running the repair tool. Sometimes a corrupted files can lead to all kinds of weirdness.

#7 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

We're getting lag, spikes, and I'm getting booted out of game, server lost connection.
On comms the three of us too often see mechs moon walking, skipping forward.
Could not be a problem with 4-5 computers scattered across the US and the UK

#8 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 21 July 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

We're getting lag, spikes, and I'm getting booted out of game, server lost connection.
On comms the three of us too often see mechs moon walking, skipping forward.
Could not be a problem with 4-5 computers scattered across the US and the UK

Probably not but they could all take the same route/backbone to the servers and all be affected by an issue with that. Could be they all come in on the same trunk at PGI's end too.

What time? Where are you located? Who do you use for an ISP? All of these could be a factor. I no longer work for an ISP so I can't tell you what backbones are having issues right now, but I can tell you that occasionally they have issues that affect routing from multiple areas of the county/world but not others.

#9 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

See here...
http://www.reddit.co...s_crapping_out/

[color=#888888]
–]PGI_Niko[color=red]PGI Community Manager[/color] 3 points 23 hours ago
[/color]

There's a few theories at work but we could use more info to narrow down the root issue. We would greatly appreciate if a few players could take the following notes when encountering a desync.
Time of event and Date (Please convert to UTC / GMT and use dd-mm-yy format)
Map and Mode of game played
Your In-Game Pilot Name
If at all possible, please include a video of the event taking place.

[color=#222222]This is not just a problem with the op, this is widespread and affecting a lot of different people.[/color]

#10 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostMercules, on 21 July 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

What time? Where are you located? Who do you use for an ISP? All of these could be a factor. I no longer work for an ISP so I can't tell you what backbones are having issues right now, but I can tell you that occasionally they have issues that affect routing from multiple areas of the county/world but not others.

I dont know what they use, but lets see, I'm EST, two are Central, one is whatever northern cali is, the other two just north, and just south of London
As to times, I'm self employed so I enjoy a game when I feel like it, got kicked this morning around 9AM, I've been kicked or experiencing the lag evenings 6-9PM EST.
There are other forums where folks are complaining about this, I find it hard to believe its "us"
Ran a packet test just now, came back A1, worse loss was like 4ms, 0% jitter, three servers, even used one that had a ping to my desktop at 110 just to check- that shouldn't be affecting my gaming

BTW, my ping typically in game is around the high side of 30, day in day out.

you guys blowing that gold mech money, not paying your bills?

#11 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

It's not just you, it's fairly widespread. It's also fairly typical to have some kind of issue any time PGI pushes a patch........give them a month, they'll fix this and break something new in the next patch.

#12 AntharPrime

• 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'd like to see some post on the topic from the Devs too. I can't play a single game of MWO now without this happening. I can play any other game no problem though.

#13 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostThatDawg, on 21 July 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

I dont know what they use, but lets see, I'm EST, two are Central, one is whatever northern cali is, the other two just north, and just south of London
As to times, I'm self employed so I enjoy a game when I feel like it, got kicked this morning around 9AM, I've been kicked or experiencing the lag evenings 6-9PM EST.
There are other forums where folks are complaining about this, I find it hard to believe its "us"
Ran a packet test just now, came back A1, worse loss was like 4ms, 0% jitter, three servers, even used one that had a ping to my desktop at 110 just to check- that shouldn't be affecting my gaming

BTW, my ping typically in game is around the high side of 30, day in day out.

you guys blowing that gold mech money, not paying your bills?

See.. .I'm not having an issue but I also live in Minnesota. It's likely the main route it takes for me to Toronto is down to Chicago then straight to Toronto with a fall back route of up through Duluth over to Toronto. If you do a tracert you might see if you all share a server other than the end few which will give you Request Timed Out due to security.

#14 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Wherever the problem resides, it also affects me, and I'm in Europe.

#15 Hawky4s

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Get the **** right now.

#16 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

MWO Support says that it isnt their problem:

Hello Zolaz,
We can't exactly be accountable for the connectivity issues of certain users.
When users are disconnected, it's usually a connection problem, or them forcefully quitting the game.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Regards,
FullMetalGM
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

#17 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Just had another disconnect last game.

#18 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Another match and another disconnect on my team. How is this not a problem?

#19 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

And another game with an Assault disconnect on my team

#20 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

Yes, my whole team has had this issue since last friday. I would say almost every match we dropped in, both solo and group. It was at its worst Sunday and Monday. We had less issue on Saturday. We have players all over and everyone was having this issue. it got so bad at times people were disconnecting mid match and rejoining in the hopes of something making it better.... no this didn't work.

Edit: issue we were seeing was both Disconnects and sever rubberbanding.

Edited by poopenshire, 22 July 2014 - 04:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users