Remove Steam In Mech Lab

6 replies to this topic

#1 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

I've spoken to other pilots and we are all in agreement. The steam showing behind the mech details while in the lab blocks the text and makes it so you can't read the tonnage until the steam animation moves away. You have to rotate your mech to get its foot just to place it behind the word tonnage to actually see any useful information. Having to wait for the steam animation to pass is aggravating. I need to ready up for the group patiently waiting for me to configure my mech. Can you please remove the steam animation in the mech lab so it does not block the mech details?

Speed
Structure
Heat Sinks
Armor Type
Armor
Firepower
Heat Management
Tonnage (Difficult to see until steam animation finishes)
Jump Distance

#2 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Absolutely I agree!

#3 sebmojo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostDocta Pain, on 01 July 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Absolutely I agree!

I disagree. It looks fantastic and the problem could be much more sensibly resolved by making the font bigger or putting that information somewhere else. There is no shortage of space on the UI, why do the most important details need to huddle down there?

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Greetings all,

There is quite a bit of room for items to be moved on the UI. PGI is currently working on UI2.X and todays patch has some improvements included.

If anything, the MechLab hanger needs more activity. The steam is way out of scale and should only be hovering around the Mech's feet or ankles. We need to see Engineers, Tech's, ammo loaders moving around the Dropship bay preparing these Machines for Battle. This is not a civilian pleasure vehicle, it's a combat deployment Dropship with Battle Mech's ready to ruin some ones day.

Most of the issue you raise is with readability, placement and contrast of the displayed material and the background. Yes, all need to be looked at, and with some using multiple monitors there are issues with 'what goes where'.
(don't even get me started on the hugh page filling my screen of red strike out engines I can't use. Who though that was a good idea?)

Lets see what PGI has to offer for improvements UI in this patch.
9erRed

#5 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

What UI improvements? Linkage? Source?

#6 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hi, please remove steam from the details section of the mech lab, its annoying to have to wait for it to clear to read the display.

#7 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

+1. At the very least make the text larger and in a more prominent color. Who's idea was pale yellow anyway?
While we are at it, how about letting us change the color of our font to match our own preferences.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users