6 replies to this topic

#1 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Since the clan update I have noticed that often (more than half) when I have a good lock on target my missiles travel towards target and dive into the ground as if I didn't have a lock at all. When the Lrm's recharge and I launch a second time they act normally. Is anyone else experiencing this? It can be very annoying.

Cheers!

#2 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

See this thread for some answers: http://mwomercs.com/...o-guidance-bug/

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

They just can't implement the Clan tech without major bugs, eh?

#4 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Was saddened that no acknowledgement of it with last patch, but don't worry, I'm sure things will only worsen when Clan LRMs get their minimum distance chopped off ;)

#5 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Please create a ticket and submit to PGI about this issue!
Imagine if all your lasers always missed the first time you changed targets?
The uproar would be heard in the heavens.
In a fast paced game I often have to cycle targets quickly and am lucky to get one or two firing opportunities on the same target.
With 50% or more auto missing, I burn through precious ammo and give the enemy a respite from the well deserved LRMpocolypse.
"Fixes" I have read about include "listening" for the lock-on and ignoring your aiming reticule. Sorry, but my cockpit can be a very noisy place...I don't hear this lock-on business that is spoken of.
Please report it via the ticket system.

Cheers!

#6 Tyman4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSpace Time

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Listen for the lock tone. when the tone is flat, you have actual lock. You will notice that sometimes the reticle turns red to visually signal lock before the tone. This is the bug. Focus on the tone instead of the visual cue and you will have tracking missles everytime.

Tyman

#7 Tyman4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSpace Time

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

Lol, gorgo7 now I see your post on the other thread, I pasted my answer from that thread to here; too late it seems ;)

Note: this is a different bug from the one which gives perpetually "no" lock. Your reticle will show that you approach lock on the target but it freezes before finishing the lock. You have to manually re-lock on the target for that one. I believe this is the one which is supposed to be fixed recently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users