A View On How To Balence Weapons

2 replies to this topic

#1 BoBo Jones

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

mech warrior online has been out for some years now and pgi are still trying to balence weapon systems , nerfs and buffs then nurfs again. will it ever end ?

a lot of people would of heard the line " maths never lies" . 1 + 2 = 3 , it will always equal 3.

so use maths to balence weapons and not players/devs point of veiw to deside if a weapon is op or not.

my idea . use eqations to balence a weapon. what is there to any weapon ?
range - heat - damage - cool down . maybe add weight and slots to the equation also.

so make so that heat + range + damage + cool down = the same amount. the equation would take a better man then i to work out. someone a whole lot better at maths then i . but once you have the values of the equation worked out , then all you need to do with any weapon new or old , is enter there values into the equation and see if the result equals the same as the other weapons and hey its balenced.no need to nurf or buff anymore , move on to other things.

arrow four missle system(cruise missle for mechs) very long range + very high damage so make very high heat and very long cool down , lots of weight and slots to balence the equation.

but once you have a working model for the equation, it would stop all the pointless nurfs and buffs and make it so - so easy to bring new weapons into the game.

#2 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

The sad thing is, they are already using such a formula (to a degree) for the weapons. This is that reason why when something changes for ACs or Pulse Lasers, that all the others in the same category change with it.

Edited by DarkonFullPower, 01 July 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

...... So build a thing to fix the thing and then the thing won't happen.... Seriously this makes no sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users