#21 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostPhromethius, on 02 July 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

groups of twelve will only be matched with other groups of twelve. Thats what I read in the patch notes.

That is not what is happening at all. Groups of 2+ can be used to make up a rag-tag group to take on the 12 in comms together.

#22 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

groups of twelve will only be matched with other groups of twelve. Thats what I read in the patch notes.

From the Patch Notes:
Groups 5 to 10 and 12: Larger groups now will be dropping in the group queue (formerly the 12 player queue). Teams will need to respect the 4x3 weight composition in order to launch and will be matched against other grouped players. The group UI has added information and functionality to help players configure their team composition and refill consumables after a match.

#23 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostZerberus, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Sounds to me like the MM is working just fine and he`s just pissy that he doesn`t have more friends....

The patch notes explicitly state that all groups will drop in the group (mixed 2-4, 5-10, and 12 man) queue, and that groups of 1-4 can also get tossed into the solo queue at a rate of 1 group /team.

So yes, if you run a 2 man, you do in fact run the risk of dropping against a 12 man. But you will have at least one, more likely 2-3 other groups on your side.

Maybe this is PGIs way of showing people what it`s like to ACTUALLY get stomped by a 12 man instead of just whining about a legend that has barely if ever been proven to exist (the MM snafu 2-3 patches ago aside), and that the "evil premade Boogieman" in the public queue was never even remotely the issue that the scrubs and cryhards wanted it to be.

A lot of people will have a lot of soul searching to do these next few weeks... :)

That is not is champ. But nice trolling. Friends list is well populated.

Sometimes I just want to be in a 2-4 group and I think that I should not be put against a 12 man in comms together.

Learn to read, troll less.

#24 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

That is not what is happening at all. Groups of 2+ can be used to make up a rag-tag group to take on the 12 in comms together.

That is NOT working as intended then. I read and I will look for it later that 12s were only ever going to be pitted against other twelves. and 2-10 was going to make up the group que. Could it be that what people are thinking are twelves are really just 10s with a pair on the side? Ten is just as tactical as 12 in Death-ball Online

Edit: If what Bilbo posted is correct then that is a fairly BIG oversight of the group que. /shrug

Edited by Phromethius, 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#25 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

View Post1453 R, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh, for...!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE SHUT UP?

This is what Piranha has to do in order to allow players to run in groups of more than 4. SOMEBODY has to fight the froggin' 12-man drops - not every oddball group of seven buddies can be perfectly matched against another oddball group of seven buddies who just so happens to be in the MM queue at the same time, in the same general weight bracket of machines for 3/3/3/3, and who sit in the same ELO range.

Something has to give somewhere. The 12-man stompdrops are a rarity for anyone in the 2-4 group range, who're as likely to wind up in the solo queue as the group queue, and who're just as likely to be fighting a hodgepodge of smaller groups on the enemy side as they are a 12-man.

QUIT FRICKIN' GRIPING ALREADY. It's embarrassing!

Made up half my drops so far. Not that rare. So now if I want to play in a group I MUST get in a larger group to combat this issue.

I would not care if the 10 were against 10 in my group and I was in the two filler, its the random groups slapped together to deal with the 12-10 that I think is broken.

#26 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

I don't see that in there anywhere.

Also...

If you're trying to drop in small groups during quiet hours, you deserve whatever you get. Of course you're likelier to wind up against Euro 12-mans. You're not playing during NA peak hours when there would be more small groups to fill out the group queue. Come on, use some common sense.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 02 July 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#27 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

People need to learn the meaning of solo, pugs and premades around here...

#28 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

And solo? Or 2 man? Seems fair to have 12 guys in comms against mix match of pugs? Uhhhh no, that should not happen. It's a bloody joke what is going on right now.

It's not a joke. It's called "hard mode". :)

Edited by Mystere, 02 July 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#29 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Solo players were saying 2-4 man groups should be in their own queue. 2-4 man groups said suck it up.

2-4 man groups occasionally put in large group queue. Everyone else tells them to suck it up.

So surprised. :)

#30 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I guess they made it so to shorten waiting times for grouped players. Which will probably spell the end for 2-4 groups.

#31 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 02 July 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Also...

If you're trying to drop in small groups during quiet hours, you deserve whatever you get. Of course you're likelier to wind up against Euro 12-mans. You're not playing during NA peak hours when there would be more small groups to fill out the group queue. Come on, use some common sense.

So people should be punished for dropping with 1 friend?
That makes no sense what so ever.

If they are dropping 2 man groups into the large group Q anyways,they might as well just went ahead and made a real solo queue and a real group queue.

Edited by Alexandrix, 02 July 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#32 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 July 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Solo players were saying 2-4 man groups should be in their own queue. 2-4 man groups said suck it up.

2-4 man groups occasionally put in large group queue. Everyone else tells them to suck it up.

So surprised. :)

Ok but before the 2-4 groups were put against other 2-4 groups. Right now we have a grab bag of randoms groups going against 12-10's all in comms together.

#33 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Made up half my drops so far. Not that rare. So now if I want to play in a group I MUST get in a larger group to combat this issue.

I would not care if the 10 were against 10 in my group and I was in the two filler, its the random groups slapped together to deal with the 12-10 that I think is broken.

Yes. That is the solution.

Either find more friends, or get more awesome. Those are your options.

PIRANHA. HAS. NO. CHOICE. The playerbase demanded the ability to drop with groups of people between the quantities of 4 and 12, and this was the only way Piranha could deliver that without group drop wait times measured in minutes, double-digit variety. They knew this would be an issue, they told us this would be an issue, and by and large the playerbase said “WE DON’T CARE. NOT PLAYING WITH OUR FRIENDS IS A BIGGER ISSUE. FIX IT.”

So they did. And now they’re getting smacked for doing exactly what we told them to do.

So shut your clamhole and throw your weight behind better in-game group coordination. This game needs a command rose so bad it hurts, and if we had one, it would cut down on a lot of the griping people have when they get blasted by groups working in coordination.

And for God’s sake, STOP BLAMING THE MATCHMAKER FOR EVERY SINGLE LOSS YOU SUFFER EVER!

#34 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Wouldn't it be better if there was:
  • a solo-only queue - where solo players would play other solo players; and
  • a groups-only queue - where all groups of any size would be mixed and matched to form teams
Ideally, in the groups-only queue, the matchmaker would try to create a team with the least number of groups. That way, 12-mans might be fighting two groups (eg 7+5 or 6+6 or 8+4) which would at least even the odds out a little.

...?

Edited by Appogee, 02 July 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#35 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 02 July 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Also...

This ...this is a joke right?

#36 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostZerberus, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Sounds to me like the MM is working just fine and he`s just pissy that he doesn`t have more friends....

The patch notes explicitly state that all groups will drop in the group (mixed 2-4, 5-10, and 12 man) queue, and that groups of 1-4 can also get tossed into the solo queue at a rate of 1 group /team.

So yes, if you run a 2 man, you do in fact run the risk of dropping against a 12 man. But you will have at least one, more likely 2-3 other groups on your side.

Maybe this is PGIs way of showing people what it`s like to ACTUALLY get stomped by a 12 man instead of just whining about a legend that has barely if ever been proven to exist (the MM snafu 2-3 patches ago aside), and that the "evil premade Boogieman" in the public queue was never even remotely the issue that the scrubs and cryhards wanted it to be.

A lot of people will have a lot of soul searching to do these next few weeks... Because this is pretty much exactly what the community as a whole asked for. Bring back larger group sizes, force segregation of group and pug play (to a reasonable degree)... Same as with skirmish, calmer heads attempted to warn you, but you didn`t care.

So just deal with it, because we have to live with the mess you advocated for us all, too.

What's wrong with Skirmish?

#37 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostAppogee, on 02 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be better if there was:
  • a solo-only queue - where solo players would play other solo players; and
  • a groups-only queue - where all groups of any size would be mixed and matched to form teams
...?

That is essentially how it is right now. Only difference is the possibility of ONE group 2-4 players with the solo guys

I misread earlier about the group que but that makes sense to me as well. BUT MM should try much harder to match 12s with other 12s and not "relax" the rules too quickly.

#38 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

While I believe "12" man drops should still be its own que, group drops are still group drops. I still want the increased size, and understand I am gonna have to up my game.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

This is why PGI stopped doing groups 5-10 in the first place... but the community hated that so now we have this again. I don't understand what you people want.

#40 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

View Post1453 R, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh, for...!

WHEN WILL PEOPLE SHUT UP?

This is what Piranha has to do in order to allow players to run in groups of more than 4. SOMEBODY has to fight the froggin' 12-man drops - not every oddball group of seven buddies can be perfectly matched against another oddball group of seven buddies who just so happens to be in the MM queue at the same time, in the same general weight bracket of machines for 3/3/3/3, and who sit in the same ELO range.

Something has to give somewhere. The 12-man stompdrops are a rarity for anyone in the 2-4 group range, who're as likely to wind up in the solo queue as the group queue, and who're just as likely to be fighting a hodgepodge of smaller groups on the enemy side as they are a 12-man.

QUIT FRICKIN' GRIPING ALREADY. It's embarrassing!

QFT since I could only like it once

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users