Patch For Universal Appearance Changes To Old Mech Hardpoints.

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Universal Appearance changes for old mechs and weapon hardpoints (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see changes in appearace to older mechs when changing weapons to their hardpoints?

1. Yes (11 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. It doesn't matter. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'm not sure if its really on anyone's perogative right now on their pet peeves about the game, but some old mechs like the Hunchback, spider, etc. don't change in appearance when you place a flamer or a small laser into one energy hardpoint. I see that it doesn't occur to my Spider-5D in the mechlab when I switch a ERLL into it's arm hardpoint with a ERPPC, which I find slightly annoying to a point where I can let it pass... after about a year where I'll really want a patch to kill this inaccuracy. Hey, my guess is the Devs don't want the enemy team spotting a snipe from the PPC aura, but maybe its just been on the down low until one of the players mentioned this. And for the Hunchback; the 4P more precisely, my one complaint for it is that when hypothetically you place 1(not 6) weapon in its RT, it is not centered to its Hunch, it is placed in the top right portion(Hunchback's perspective) of the "Hunch". If it were centered, the mech would appear more linear.

Simply some of the older mechs should be revamped to coordinate with this feature like the Orion, Victor, and some of the newer mechs.

Anyways, keep up the great work PGI.

#2 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

They've been updating the weapon appearance on the older mechs when they release a hero for that chassis.

#3 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I would like to see that too - however there are more important topics imho, espeacially new maps

#4 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Despite all that PGI has, in fact, managed to screw up quite well, and despite numerous counts of not listening to the players and instead going with the 'silent majority' (which, oddly, we've never heard the opinion of...), this is one thing I side with them on.

Not because I don't think it's a good idea, or because I think it SHOULD be a low priority, but because it NEEDS to be a low priority -- redoing the hardpoints takes time, and it's not like it can be done instantly and across all the chassis of a single mech simultaneously.

Also, as MilesTeg mentioned, there are more important things they should be doing -- like making more maps, removing GH:TMO, crushing poptart meta....
Yeah, there are things that should be higher priority, but won't be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users