Match Maker Sugestion(After 2.07.2014 Patch)

No replies to this topic

#1 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

So I was thinking yesterday, after I made few games and I came up with an idea about some adjustments.
It's an idea - it could be either good one for some, or a bad one for others so that's that.

At the moment, if you're grouped with up to 3 people you have some chance in dropping in the same game with the people that queued alone - aka in the "solo" queue - but you also have a chance to drop with the people that queued for "group" queue - up to 12 player teams(if I really got the patch notes right).
I see very little reason for the matchmaking rules to be so obscure - and a organized 4 man will still present a issue for the solo players, since, in most of the cases the groups are either less than 4 man - people, ordinary teamed up on the more random reasons base, or 4 man - people intentionally grouped that way for more competitive play - or at least my experience with the game is pointing toward those thoughts.

My sugestion is actually changing the rules a bit for less than 4 man premades - allowing up to 3 people groups to always drop in the solo queue and 4 or more people groups always drop in the group queue.
That way the 3 or less man premades will always have a solo player in their group and this would allow that player to try out some teamplay experience while sticking with it's lance(or not - but sooner or later one would proabably learn to do that or keep suffering), while in the same, I believe, that the premade group would present less danger to the solo players experience.

What does that changes?
Well in the group queues you'll always have more than 3 player groups so the variants there would be 4/4/4, 5/7, 6/6, 8/4 or 12 player teams, which, I believe(again) would push the competitive play level a bit more - the only downside is that 10 player teams wouldn't fit though - but I think that way the group queue would be a bit more friendly toward the 4 man premades.
Where in the "solo" queue the variants would always be 2man + 10solo, 3man+9 solo and 12 solo players - the chance of dropping in a game where you're with a two man premade on your side, where the enemy has a 4-man on his does not exists anymore.
Worse case scenario: 10 solo players + 2 man premade against 9 solo players + 3 man premade --> the matches would be more solo friendly.
Downsides, in my eyes at least - nada. None.

Basically that's that - new rule allowing up to 3 man premades to always drop in solo queue, where 4 or more man premades to always drop in the group queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users