1 reply to this topic

#1 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

I tried to find a fitting topic via the search option, failed, so I opened a new one.

The change in falling damage hurt nun jumpcapable mechs more than the ones with JJs.
Poptarting has not changed much, you just have to keep a bit of JJ power in reserve for the landing.
So my question is:

Why don't they implement the "activated JJ shake" during all times a mech is not on the ground (maybe tweak it a little bit for the flying over pebbles problem)?

A mechwarrior who falls or actively jumps needs to concentrate on piloting his mech and not crash so he can't actually aim perfectly.

The shake could be reduced a bit, it would just prevent pinpoint fire at long ranges.
In close combat you would still hit your target while being in the air, but your shots would be quite random, maybe aiming for upper and lower section might still work.

The actual wonky damage spread a mech recieves while being in the air could even stay that way to give the jumping pilot a sort of dodging bonus (as in the TT).

#2 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

A lot of people have mentioned this. I think they've decided not to try it because they still want poptarting to be a viable playstyle, and because it would affect Lights pretty significantly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users