#1 NUK3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hi,

the short form for the devs:
Description: At the start of a match, some (but not all) friently units lack a marking (the little blue Triangle, and the minimap arrow) and it doesn't pop up when one presses Q. It is as if they were enemy 'Mechs under an ECM. About 60 to 120 seconds after the start of a match, suddenly all the missing markings appear, as if there was no problem at all.
Reproduction Rate: Seldom, it appears to affect about every 50th match (2%).
Steps to Reproduce: Select any mech, play the game, ???, profit. I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce the bug.

The long form:
I just rediscovered a bug that I haven't seen for months: The lack of unit markings at the start of a match. The same bug haunted me a few months ago, at that time the markings usually appeared 90 seconds after the start of a match.

Is this a known bug? The game runs smoothly on my machine, this is the only odd thing I encountered so far.

Since spawning points of the opposing teams can be quite close on some maps (e.g. Terra Therma), this bug regularly caused (and apparently still causes) me to do team damage. Waiting for the other player to shoot first can be a bad idea, and today I got tk'd for shooting four or five salvos at a friendly without IFF. In the following minutes I was told that this bug only affects friendly units. Can anyone confirm this?

My system specifications:
Intel Xeon E3-1230V3, 8GB RAM, NVidia GTX470 running a 64-Bit version of Windows 7.

Have a nice game,
Nuk3

Edit: Read bug report howto and edited accordingly.

Edited by NUK3, 03 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Had that happen a ways back. Seems pretty rare though.

Posted Image

#3 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

I've also seen this happen. Maybe about 1/10 matches. And only on SOME of the friendly mechs.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users