No replies to this topic

#1 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Just wanted to compile a list of problems I am still seeing in the game since the July 2nd patch:

1. LRM Locks - Still getting frequent delays on LRM locks 1-2 seconds AFTER the target reticule shows a target is locked. This delay seems to be up-front and in-back when you're losing the lock - it remains active for 1-2 seconds after lock should have been lost.

2. Mech to Mech Collision - When colliding with other mechs, most notably enemy mechs, it's still quite common to 'warp' through them as if they are not there at all, leading to confusion and a lack of immersion/sensation during gameplay.

3. Hit Registration - There are still a TON of issues surrounding hit reg. I'm still unloading dual Clan ER PPC volleys clearly and accurately into enemy CTs and seeing no damage on the paper doll. Same goes for lasers, though with lasers you often see some damage but going to the wrong hit locations. Also noticing now that the same thing is happening when others shoot at me - I'll take an ER PPC volley square in the CT from an enemy mech in the beginning of a match when I'm fresh and they are within optimum weapon range, and no damage shows on my paper doll.

4. Fall Damage - This is sometimes ridiculous. Falling down from the River City upper base down into the city below now turns an Assult's legs dark orange, and a Heavy's legs light orange. Is that really what was intended with this system? It's barely a 35m drop and doing it twice can pretty much core an Assault's legs.

5. Movement Hang-ups - Many of the maps have issues in various places that are causing mechs to get stuck or hung-up: small rocks, where stairs meet an upper plateau, channels in hills/cliffs that used to be climbable by mechs in the past. I also wind up getting stuck in the environment a lot when landing from JJs and cannot move (forward/backward or turning) until I wait for my JJ fuel to recharge and try jumping again. This has killed me on many an occasion in the upper Elo brackets now.

I feel that if we can just get these issues squared away, the game will be evened out and competitive again. Right now, because of these issues and their inconsistent nature, it's often a roll of the dice in the upper Elo since skill can't overcome bugs and shortcomings in the system itself.

I'm liking the changes in the UI, the MM, and with the Command Console and Targeting Computers. I'm hoping that Clan LRM Minimum Range and Jump Jet changes will be addressed in the upcoming patch as advertised.

Cheers

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users