6 replies to this topic

#1 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 119 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

this has been bugging me to no end. i know its impossible to have a full re-design at this point, but maybe just locking the torso to have the mech function like its intended? (maybe just be able to move the arms around like in mechwarrior 3)

the black hawk is one of my favorite all time mechs, the main reason being that its such a unique design. for everyone who is unaware, the original black hawk had its legs built into its arms on the primary frame. and the torso hung down opposed to being supported by a waist. the new design completely scraps this, making the mech very run-of-the-mill and, well, boring.

i know this would make the mech difficult to control, but whats wrong with having different feeling, unique and exciting designs? whats so wrong about each mech having a different feel and gameplay style?

#2 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

The Nova would be very squat and very broad.
* It would have a hard time shooting over hills.
* Due to its broadness it would be easy to hit when sweeping the fire horizontally.
* It would have a hard time sneaking around a corner because it would always run into landscape.
* The arm-weapons would be so far apart that the line-of-fire of one arm would always be blocked by an obstacle.

#3 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

The original design is practically non-functional, though it is visually interesting.

The new design retains most of the feel of the original while changing its locomotion to one that actually makes sense. I am very pleased with how it looks. It's still a very low-slung mech, and you can still aim with the arms if you know what you're doing.

#4 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

But it could make use of short cover, be harder to spot, and be shot over by friendlies.

#5 Wardsylvania

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMercer Island, WA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

When I first saw the Nova in the clan pack I wrote it off as uninteresting. Slow for a medium. No endo or ferro meant mediocre pod space. Yet it has become my absolute favorite MWO mech. In the hands of a skilled pilot it delivers unequalled damage/weight ratio as a short range brawler. It still provides a unique piloting experience.

In other words, don't change anything!

Unless PGI wants to put a non-cannon ECM hard point in the head. I'd be OK with that :wacko:. Otherwise the mech is perfect just the way it is.

#6 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 04 July 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

The original design is practically non-functional

And yet it functioned just fine that way in MW3.

#7 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

it did indeed work fine in mechwarrior 3. it wouldnt need to be any broader either, its already the exact same length as the original. the primary gear where the legs are SUPPOSED to be are present on the new design. the new legs are underneath on the same axis. if they made it more like the original, it would actually have a much smaller silhouette. it'd be short and harder to hit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users