2300 to go... we're not at 10k yet folks...

19 replies to this topic

#1 Phaedros

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Lone Star Republic

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Following quote comes from the June 15th thread:

But what the hell, lets do a proper tally of the available info. At this point we have been told about the sending out of 4500 keys (4*500+1000+1500=4500)

But, also on June 11 there is this thread: ]Why not release one key every 20 minutes? Where Russ Bullock makes a post (p1) saying that to date they have released 6000 beta keys (i.e. 1500 more then officially announced at the time). This means one of three things. 1. I missed one of the announcement posts. 2. Russ is wrong and they have only given out 4500 by the 11th. 3. They gave away 1500 keys without making an announcement or gave them away through some other venue.

Personally I'm going to assume either 1 or 3 is the correct answer. So 6000 keys total on 06/11/12 So, either 7000 (6000+2*500=7000) or 5500 (4500+2*500=5500) keys given out by June 13th. Depending on whether you think Russ can tell his *** from his elbow or not.

Thanks to InMidnightClad and his Beta Key Tally and Stats thread for helping me find all these posts. Since InMidnightClad's last update there have been two more announcements. This gives us 9200 keys given out if Russ knew what he was talking about on June 11. Or 7700 if it was bs. If Russ knew what he was talking about today then there are yet another 800 keys out there which have not been announced but nonetheless been given out. That would bring the total up to 10000.

To summarize: I could find a total of 7700 official key releases through statements made by Bryan Ekman and Paul Inoyue. And possibly another apocryphal 2300 keys given away already but not announced. Which number you go with depends on if you believe Russ Bullock can't find his *** without an Atlas.

Personally I believe he knows his stuff being a dev and all. But if he does not then I have to believe that they will give away any remaining free keys on Monday. I can't believe that they would give away free keys after the Founders Pack goes on sale.

Also, If anyone knows of any other official Beta key release announcements please make me aware of them so i can update my post with that info.

From the official announcements we can also conclude that Paul Inouye has a much better sense of humor then Bryan Ekman. ;)

So what do you have to say about this Russ? Where's the missing 2300 keys or the missing 800 keys? Hmm?

I would like to say that I do not personally feel entitled to a key, but if there's still more to be given and they're just calling it a rap because it's almost time to sell Founder's Packs then that's B.S.

Open the floodgates and release the keys. :blink:

Edited by Phaedros, 16 June 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Easily

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

First of all, why wouldn't Russ know what's going on in HIS company?
He's the president, which means that he's calling the shots. Which means he is probably the one deciding when to send out the keys, and how many.

Secondly, why would he lie to us? It's not like we're 'entitled' to get X amount of beta keys in Y amount of time. Be happy that you're even getting a chance at improving this game as a beta tester. Noone has any reason to lie about the amount of keys being sent out.

Thirdly, you make the mistake of assuming they would announce every single key being sent out.
For all we know they handpicked 800 people from the forums that made a useful contribution.
Or perhaps they gave some more keys to investors / friends / family over the last few weeks?

Edited by Easily, 16 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#3 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 June 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Someone was tallying earlier...

actually that 1700 takes it to 10K

Calling him a liar or ignorant? ;)

Also there is a topic made an hour earlier that has that same quote in it in this section of the forum

Edited by Shadowscythe, 16 June 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#4 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

All it means is the rest of the keys that were not announced were given to friends/media/under the table for oral pleasure

#5 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

lol

#6 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostEasily, on 16 June 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

He's the president, which means that he's calling the shots. Which means he is probably the one deciding when to send out the keys, and how many.

Secondly, why would he lie to us? It's not like we're 'entitled' to get X amount of beta keys in Y amount of time. Be happy that you're even getting a chance at improving this game as a beta tester. Noone has any reason to lie about the amount of keys being sent out.

Thirdly, you make the mistake of assuming they would announce every single key being sent out.
For all we know they handpicked 800 people from the forums that made a useful contribution.
Or perhaps they gave some more keys to investors / friends / family over the last few weeks?

This is a good call.

#7 Vander StarStrife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

I for one will side with El Presidente Russ .....

#8 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

He shouldn't but it doesn't mean it can't happen. Besides he didn't tally, Someone did. And for all we know that someone could have been Paul, King of the Trolls. Regardless no need to be so hostile.

Secondly, why would he lie to us?
Getting something wrong doesn't constitute a lie. Neither does trolling with false information.. well okay it can be a lie if it directly contradicts the truth but its a white lie we're used to. Now assuming he lied, it could just be to get people to stop bickering about keys. On the other hand if its just wrong information then get over it. They just announce that 10k keys were going out over all and yet they say all 10k are out when only 7200-9200 are accounted for... yeah, it smells a bit fishy. And not everyone is acting entitled, most of us are just confused about the mixed messages we're getting. Again, no need to be so hostile.

Not really. The point of announcing the keys is to focus the inevitable complaints of not getting in into the announcement threads as well as discourage intermittent threads popping up asking when the next batch will come out. It doesn't always work, sure, but it helps. If they did give out the 2800-800 missing keys on their own, by not telling the forums, people will keep posting new threads citing the missing keys and asking where they are (Like this one) defeating the purpose of announcing them in the first place. If they did give away the keys, they should just come out and say so and put the whole matter to rest.

#9 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

I guess we'll find out for sure in about two and a half hours when the keys are usually sent out.

#10 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postpursang, on 16 June 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

I guess we'll find out for sure in about two and a half hours when the keys are usually sent out.

Do they work on Saturdays?

This can't be right, I didn't get mine :/ ;)

Edited by BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, 16 June 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#11 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Now if your all fired up to get a beta key this is how you go about an get. See the 4 listed options below.

1 Wait for it to arrived in your Mail box ( this is the recomended Method )

2. bribe or buy one off somebody. ( note this may not work as the beta key is probably coded to the account it was sent to so you paide good mone for nothing )

3. Get a D.E.S.T. Sneak suit, A blazer rifle, a viboro katana, an eletronic lock pick, a Map of the building. then you scale up to the roof bypass the secuirty systems. pump knock out gass into the air ducts. slip down in through the air duct. move siently towards the server room using your eletronic lock pick on the door then knock out the point of elementals that Paul has placed in the room. Then hack the system to give your self a key then to cover your tacks so they dont know its you you passed a few thousand more keys to cover your tracks. then you need to make your escape out the air duct into the ladies room and down the hall and head out the back way. ( now we dont recomend this one as if your caught you get hard time in a Com Star Labor camp and thats no fun. )

4 Grow a brain and think it over .. See item one for best opetion for reciving a beta key.

Edited by Xantars, 16 June 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#12 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostXantars, on 16 June 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Now if your all fired up to get a beta key this is how you go about an get. See the 4 listed options below.

1 Wait for it to arrived in your Mail box ( this is the recomended Method )

2. bribe or buy one off somebody. ( note this may not work as the beta key is probably coded to the account it was sent to so you paide good mone for nothing )

3. Get a D.E.S.T. Sneak suit, A blazer rifle, a viboro katana, an eletronic lock pick, a Map of the building. then you scale up to the roof bypass the secuirty systems. pump knock out gass into the air ducts. slip down in through the air duct. move siently towards the server room using your eletronic lock pick on the door then knock out the guard that Paul has placed in the room. Then hack the system to give your self a key then to cover your tacks so they dont know its you you passed a few thousand more keys to cover your tracks. then you need to make your escape out the air duct into the ladies room and down the hall and head out the back way. ( now we dont recomend this one as if your caught you get hard time in a Com Star Labor camp and thats no fun. )

4 Grow a brain and think it over .. See item one for best opetion for reciving a beta key.

*sigh* You are probably tempting people with 3 lol

#13 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yea but I still wouldnt recomend option 3

#14 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

WELL?!??!?! SEND THEM OUT ALREADY!

#15 Phaedros

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Lone Star Republic

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Not necessarily... as the President he should, but, there's this department called Public Relations, which Paul and many others I am sure are a part of, they would know for certain whereas Russ would have to call them to find out. =P

We're not entitled, but he did say 10,000 and I expect the community as a whole to receive 10,000, and yes they do... it's probably a stunt Paul decided to coordinate with Russ since Paul is as we all know, the King of Trolls.

They don't have to, but they do have to announce the 10k they promised the community, not investors, friends, family, baby mommas, etc...

Btw, I'm not trying to seem like I'm a spoiled self-entitled trueborn American, but... there's missing un-accounted keys and I will get to the bottom of this... *Hops into his Undine Battle Armor to delve the deepest depths of Truth*

#16 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

They have been giving out beta keys besides the fourms.

#17 Original ArchAngel

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 73 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's only a beta.. not the end of the world.. ;) we'd all like to play it some, but they have their reasons for letting out so many, and picking who gets them..

#18 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I just did some google-fu and I am finding no promos for betakeys, thus the only people who are getting them are signed-up here.

#19 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

what about all the friends and family keys? if it is 800 then I would imagine the friends and family keys combined with the devs add up to 10,000. There's an off chance that they're going to come out and say they were wrong and send out more keys (on purpose of course) but I doubt it.

#20 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users