Viewable Mech Specs In Shop

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fett 81

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

I've recently returned to MWO and I don't care much for the new MechLab. The prior MechLab UI was better IMO.

But above all else, why can't I see a mech's specs before I buy. This is a serious deterrent from purchasing additional mechs.

If PGI would like me to spend good, hard earned dollars on new mechs, they will need to give me the ability to see the specs first.

I will not purchase another mech until then.

#2 Hutijin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

I agree completely. How about also having a mechbay that keeps track of the ammo you have put on your mech and what type it is?? I mean seriously. I get tired of having to go through my entire loadout to make sure I have bought enough ammo. There should definitely be a space that tracks it for you.

#3 gtyida

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

+1***** serious a lot of things need to be fixed.... thought the current UI was a bit of a downgrade to some extend to some ppl..... I think there are great suggestions to make the game a better one... I still think the current mech selection need reworks.... the mech list should be revamped for better viewing....

#4 Vodage

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostFett 81, on 04 July 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I've recently returned to MWO and I don't care much for the new MechLab. The prior MechLab UI was better IMO.

But above all else, why can't I see a mech's specs before I buy. This is a serious deterrent from purchasing additional mechs.

If PGI would like me to spend good, hard earned dollars on new mechs, they will need to give me the ability to see the specs first.

I will not purchase another mech until then.

Hovering your mouse cursor over a purchasable mech will show you specs like torso/arm angle/speed, max jets, etc.

You can click "Mech details" to see the full stock loadout of a purchasable mech, including max armour values, etc.
The problem is, after you click "back", it sends you all the way back to your owned mechs section, and you've gotta reload the "purchasable" tab.

#5 Fett 81

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Ok, I see. You have to go into MechLab tab. Click the filter at the top and change to "Purchasable." Hovering the cursor over the mech will bring up mech details.

A bit cumbersome from what I was used to before the new MechLab UI. I might make some new mech purchases now.

I still like the previous mechlab though. This MechLab UI isn't as mech customization friendly IMO.

#6 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users