2 replies to this topic

#1 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

How tough would it be to add a 12-player "Free-For-All" game mode?

If PGI wants to keep players, allow new players to get more acquainted with maps, gameplay modes, and various mechs, wouldn't it be prudent to use pre-existing maps in an "Arena" mode, in a free-for-all?

Allow the use of ANY weight class (since I've watched Locust pilots take out unblemished Altlases single-handed), but keep competition placement by ELO ratings. Pilots should get a HUGE C-bill and XP bonuses for finishing in the top 3, and maybe 1500 GXP for 1st place.

This route will also allow for NEWBs and PUGs to play against other NEWBs and PUGs without getting routinely stomped in other matches and leaving the game entirely.

#2 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

I agree however allowing any weight class in a match may lead to slaughter for some. Maybe mixing to similar weight classes together would be a better idea. Lights And mediums or heavy and assault but to put lights and assaults together would lead to too many unfair matches. True to what your saying these matches should be solely based on elo and perform in past matches.

#3 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Nah, don't want it. I want Skirmish, a true assault mode with attacker and defender, and maybe missions mode against advanced AI. We already have Arena style battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users