Ua/c 5 Bug/issue (Is)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Colvan

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationPeterborough, England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for this post but saw one or 2 other bug related posts.

i seem to have an issue where my Ua/c5's are firing as if they were standard a/c5's. if i hold down the button/key it seems to only fire once then again after it reloads with no shots in between. usually i would get the rapid fire with the occasional weapon jam but lately it has stopped working. if i spam the button it works as normal but not when holding down the button.

i use a razer mouse and keyboard which go through razer synapsys to which i have tried default buttons, and various keyboard/mouse functions. i have even tried a macro simulating a single button press for 10s to see if that registers but it still only fired once per reload, so i am fairly certain it is not my hardware or governing software causing the issue. (also i do not have this issue with other games/programs that register/use prolongued button/key presses.)

anybody else experiencing something like this? (i have not got clan tech so unsure if it affects clan weapons)

#2 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

The devs changed them to fire this way on purpose. It is intentional. You have to click twice rapidly to fire again before it's done cooling down.

#3 Colvan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

hmm that seems to be in the opposite direction to QoL whats next, having to spam a button for machinegun because it does 1 shot per press :).

also a friend i group up with alot seems to still get the old style fire hence why i was asking here.

Atleast i know now that its working as intended, and i think i will have to retire my ultra builds for the time being.

P.S. if i was to say set up a time delay macro for the button presses, say if i set a button that when held it sent the command every 0.5s for the duration of the hold, would that be against the MWO terms of use or something? just wondering as this will allow me to use Ultra's properly again since i really struggle to double fire them in this state.

Edited by Colvan, 06 July 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#4 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostColvan, on 06 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

hmm that seems to be in the opposite direction to QoL whats next, having to spam a button for machinegun because it does 1 shot per press :).

Depends on who you ask. For some of us, it's a blessing when we don't want to run to run the risk of jamming at that particular moment.

P.S. if i was to say set up a time delay macro for the button presses, say if i set a button that when held it sent the command every 0.5s for the duration of the hold, would that be against the MWO terms of use or something? just wondering as this will allow me to use Ultra's properly again since i really struggle to double fire them in this state.

Nope, that's perfectly legal. Have at it. Everybody wins.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostColvan, on 06 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

It was, before this patch, tap to fire...where holding does NOTHING.
And it was annoying as hell.

This is a nice alternative to the lore friendly "two-mode UAC/5" with Standard and Ultra modes.
Hold for standard. Tap for Ultra.
This way you can use it and not jam on random first shots like before.

Otherwise, well... I had to make a macro just to even use the UACs.

I dropped ALL UACs from my mechs when that hit live tap to fire and holding does nothing patch went live.
...chances are I might still never go back, even with this kinda awesome fix back in. The experience of click to fire where holding did nothing at all was god awful.

Edited by Koniving, 06 July 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#6 Colvan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Nope, that's perfectly legal. Have at it. Everybody wins.

thats good to know i might look into time delay macro's for UAC and even some others, maybe able to set up a machinegun effect on AC2's :) lol

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostColvan, on 06 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

thats good to know i might look into time delay macro's for UAC and even some others, maybe able to set up a machinegun effect on AC2's :) lol

I'm afraid with ghost heat, it becomes exponential.

You'll blow up if you do that. The day the dakka died.

#8 Colvan

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'm afraid with ghost heat, it becomes exponential.

You'll blow up if you do that. The day the dakka died.

ive had a play around and the Ghost heat is not much of an issue providing you tweak it right. i managed to get 4 AC2's to rapid fire with a 0.2s pause after each has fired twice. ok so its not set up like a humans responses but manually entering the times and testing you can achieve ACs rapid fire with less overall heat than a continous Alpha. (it did take me 30mins to get it perfectly right though so some time is required).

#9 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

I am very glad to have the changed firing method which requires the additional mouse click for another shot before cooled down. Seems to have basically eliminated the first shot double tap jamming that happened before.

Jamming in general is down dramatically for me, without using a macro.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users