I Think It's Time To Add Freindly Damage At End Of Game Report...

18 replies to this topic

#1 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Just saying, because noyadays, I get 1/4 to 1/3 of damage
by team mates...

#2 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Not to see how much damage they do to me , but to see how much I do to them. Just something for me to see if I need to improve on.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostLost One, on 06 July 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Not to see how much damage they do to me , but to see how much I do to them. Just something for me to see if I need to improve on.

I think your personal report should show # of friendly damage, along with appropriate CBill penalty.

But the best thing that could happen to this game is a more visual/auditory indication of friendly fire. Just something as simple as what Planetside 2 does is good, the reticle turns to a circle with diagonal slash and you get a BEEEEP sounds for friendly fire. It at the least makes you go "oh crap whoops" and "i'll be more careful".... especially if you visually see you get CBill negative for it. I know sometimes you can't help if someone goes in front of you unexpectedly, but there should only be so much leeway for that.

#4 Devlin Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationKerensky Cluster

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I think the scoreboard needs an overhaul in general.

I've said this in other threads but I'll say it here.

Things like team damage, support actions (ECM, AMS, NARC Assist, Component destruction) are woefully under represented on the public scoreboard.

Some games I only do like 130 damage because I spent my entire time spotting/narcing/saving people from LRMs, or even using machine guns to destroy the big guns on exposed mechs, and none of these actions are publicized. Sometimes in those same games (Pugs obviously, premades are smarter generally) I have been called useless just because of my damage output.

I sacrifice weapons so I can fit all these support goodies and I am rewarded much less then a mech designed for maximum destruction.

For example, an LRM boat might get 700-800 damage because of my spotting and Narcing, and I would wager he would get ten times more C-bills and experience because of my actions, but I see a fraction of that action!

Edited by Devlin Pierce, 06 July 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Team damage isn't always the firers fault. There have been many times where someone has ran in front of me just as i've fired. I've TK'd a few lights that way :)

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

I was just thinking about this myself today. I would love to have both friendly damage received and friendly damage caused added.

I would also like a better understanding of what gets rewarded and what doesn't and why and have that system overhauled to boot. I just don't understand how I can have matches where on one match, I make 5 kills, get 7 assists, do 900 damage and only get 150k out of it and on another I only get 2 kills, 9 assists, 500 damage and somehow manage to get like 250k for that one. Something seems bassackward to me.

#7 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

You know, I agree completely.

Friendly fire damage along with the other stats are needed. People like us need stats man.

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

What makes it annoying is that it would be very easy for PGI to add in these sort of stats and many others for that matter. I mean the server keeps track of this stuff anyway so how hard is it to dump the numbers to the end of battle score board?

I can see it if they tried to add it to the player stats they keep in our profile because that data adds up and takes a toll after a while but since that data would get cleared after the player exits each match anyway, it would take up very little overhead.

#9 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Isn't it there? I'm too lazy to check, but I VAGUELY remember seeing something like that on that other score screen that I never ever check.

Or maybe that's just the sleepiness talking.

#10 Devlin Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostSephlock, on 06 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Isn't it there? I'm too lazy to check, but I VAGUELY remember seeing something like that on that other score screen that I never ever check.

Or maybe that's just the sleepiness talking.

There is but its on the private board, and only shows your own stats. Others cannot view that tab though.

#11 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Friendly damage could mean they are a bad shot. But it could also mean you are a bad pilot.

Today I kept asking a pilot to stop moving in front of my fire. Towards the middle o the fight I am repeatedly hitting an enemy with fire and the guy walks right in front of the target. The shots were already on the way and I get credited with my first team kill. yay!

#12 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Let's Start to change in Blue Color the HUD's directional hits you take from friendly fire...

#13 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

This is a Hard topic to talk about.

Sometimes peolpe walk infront of a Mech thats shooting, sometimes the mech shooting backs up and hits his team mates, sometimes LRMs rain from the sky and hit Feggin everyone...

Now factor in the Lag which to me is not a valid reason unless it is over 200ms from the next person. 200ping / MS is 0.2 of a second therefore above most peoples reaction times, hell even mine and I played Ice hockey as a goal keeper!! Last time I had a reaction time test it was around the 0.250 range but that was back 10 years ago and im almost 30 now :wub:

I hate Friendl fire!
Not because of the Lag, not because of the game mechanics, but because people do not REALLY care what they're doing.

Turn on, grind, go home with C-bills.

At the moment there is no incentive to try, and that is being honest, afterall whats a 100C-bills at the end of the day.

I for one can not wait for CW! :)

Edited by WarGruf, 06 July 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#14 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Could they make a warhorn that plays a sad trombone when there is a TK?

#15 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

My ping is 294 ms, so in the few times I play, I have artifacts like being blown up before my alpha reaches the target (ergo, zero damage registered against enemy target since to the server I died ~120 ms before my weapons actually fired), and having an insane assist to kill ratio because my weapons always hit much later than everyone else. Yes, that's where the first line of my signature comes from.

Friendly fire still isn't an issue. I've had to waste alphas several times by hard-jerking the crosshair up into the air when some genius decides to walk into my line of fire, but I rarely ever end up killing anyone. Even with ping this high hits usually seem to be determined more by whether or not it looks like I hit the target rather than whether or not my 'phantom lasers' hit the 'phantom targets' on the server. One of the exceptions to this rule is extremely fast mechs.

The few times it happens is when the joker walking into said line of fire has 1 HP left on his centre torso, or if they walk in front of missiles - which can't be stopped or redirected after launch.

Edited by Hayashi, 06 July 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#16 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

If I take a lot of friendly damage. I just back off and let my team loose and laugh at their QQ when im last standing.

#17 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Don't know how useful this stat would be really. In my experience, most friendly damage is the fault of the person receiving it rather than the one dealing it.

If someone wanders between my Nova and my target when my lasers are ALREADY FIRING ON IT, that's their fault.

If I walk my own dumb self between a Kintaro and her target and get my back armour splatted by her SRMs, that's my fault, not hers.

And these tend to be the situations where friendly fire is most common I've found.

#18 TheAtomiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

With a cbill penalty that correlates with the amount of friendly damage. You should get a bonus for doing no team damage too.

#19 Devlin Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostACH75, on 06 July 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Let's Start to change in Blue Color the HUD's directional hits you take from friendly fire...

Really good idea actually, I've been hit from behind so many times, when I turn to see it and its a teammate I really regret diverting my attention from whats in front of me.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users