Scoreboard Revamp

1 reply to this topic

#1 Devlin Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationKerensky Cluster

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I think the scoreboard needs an overhaul in general.

I posted this as a reply on the general forums, but the more I thought about it I think it deserves its own thread.

Things like team damage, support actions (ECM, AMS, NARC Assist, Component destruction) are woefully under represented on the public scoreboard.

Some games I only do like 130 damage because I spent my entire time spotting/narcing/saving people from LRMs, or even using machine guns to destroy the big guns on exposed mechs, and none of these actions are publicized. Sometimes in those same games (Pugs obviously, premades are smarter generally) I have been called useless just because of my damage output.

I sacrifice weapons so I can fit all these support goodies and I am rewarded much less then a mech designed for maximum destruction.

For example, an LRM boat might get 700-800 damage because of my spotting and Narcing, and I would wager he would get ten times more C-bills and experience because of my actions, but I see a fraction of that action!

For those that say being a support is its own reward, I agree partially with you! I play support mainly because it is the most fun role for me, but I do admit to a bit of jealousy at the end of a match when my buddies are hooting and hollering about 1000+ damage games ECT. I think everyone enjoys their contributions being shown to all, and enjoys the recognition that comes with it.

Thanks for reading, and see you on the battlefield!

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Team damage for yourself: Yes please!
For everyone to see: Better not, or there will be lots of flame/hate or accusing (of intentional team damage).

I really like the idea of the new "supports" column to give bonus to Tag / Ams, component destructions and so on. Shows how much you done for the team, if it's not just damage.
Now the match score does favour (i think) damage and asists and component destructions, but nothing else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users