• LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

Nowadays, the weight-class-distribution is
50% heavy
20% assault
15% medium
15% light

My suggestion to remedy this:
Players in a chassis of the most numerous weight-class get 10% less CB.
Second-most numerous weight-class 5% less CB.
Third-most numerous 5% more CB.
Fourth-most numerous 10% more CB.

I don't know if people consider the uneven distribution a problem. It certainly makes matches boring.

#2 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'll say it because it needs to be said. There is little benefit for playing a Light Mech. It is the most unforgiving weight class, because they can get one-shotted. They are also the hardest class to make a consistent amount of money in. More so if you are playing with friends and you have to wait for them to finish every round. Your suggestion makes sense, and it will kind of work. Seeing that I have seen this kind of thing applied in Planet side 2. But, it will still be at the mercy of the World Time Table, and zones.
It's just so easy to make money in Heavy mechs given that the Heavy Mech Heroes are the most bank for your buck right now. Not to mention, everyone and their brother wants to try out the Timber Wolf right now. It's weird seeing a Thunderbolt or Jagermech. It's nice to see Orions are finally recognized as a viable Heavy though.

Edited by Timuroslav, 10 July 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#3 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

What if your team couldn't drop artillery/air strikes until three reference points on each map had been scouted? (And there was a C-Bill and XP bonus for doing so)

What if your team got longer target decay versus a target locked by a light 'mech? (And there was a C-Bill and XP bonus for doing so)

What if there were mission types that required speed to complete profitable (non-victory) objectives? (And there was a C-Bill and XP bonus for doing so)

And so on and so forth. There are plenty of ideas for this kind of thing out there.

I think I would call this ... let's see ... role warfare. Maybe that would give players a good reason to run a light or fast medium ... without trying to force it.

#4 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 07 July 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

What if there were mission types that required speed to complete profitable (non-victory) objectives? (And there was a C-Bill and XP bonus for doing so)

SIDEQUESTS!!!!!!!! Sounds very good.

An event is triggered at random, spawning an object at a random location at a random time.
First player to reach/ram/destroy/scan that object gets a huge bonus for himself and a tiny bonus for the team. (Launch of a Super-UAV?)

#5 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 07 July 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

I don't know if people consider the uneven distribution a problem. It certainly makes matches boring.

I think the problem is NOT the distrubution within one team - its the distribution of both teams compared to each other. Thus 3-3-3-3 it not realls a solution - all it does is forcing (does not matter wether its hard by longer waiting times or no open games at all or soft by penalties on CBs) people to play mechs they don't want to play. And yes its quite simple - some people just want to play heavies some prefer assualts some prefer meds and some prefer lights while others may mix up - does not matter - in the end every player should play the mech he/she wants to play - not the mech someone else wants him/her to play.

Remember: this is a game which is supposed to be Fun (and its F2P so it does rely on people having fun playing it - because people who don't have fun will simply leave and definatly won't pay anything).

What we need instead of 3-3-3-3 is just teams which are more or less even. so if one team is 2-2-3-5 let the other team be 2-2-3-5 as well.

#6 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 07 July 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

What we need instead of 3-3-3-3 is just teams which are more or less even. so if one team is 2-2-3-5 let the other team be 2-2-3-5 as well.

Then we would need several different matchmakers with flexible ratios: one for people who prefer assault-teams, one for people who prefer heavy-teams, one for people who prefer medium-teams and one for people who prefer light-teams.

#7 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

The problem is the difference in mobility between the heavys and mediums isn't worth giving up the firepower and armor (same could be said for the clan lights). Mobility has always been an important factor, but it's more vital now with with addition of clan weapons being stronger but more easily mitigated due to longer durations (this also why slower assaults are being used less).

IS lights should be doing exceptionally well, but the longer durations of clan weapons (plus just more hitscan weapons being used in general) make them more effective vs fast targets as partial hits are easily done where it would have resulted in a miss previously.

The solution is to either add mobility to med/lights or take some away from heavys. But I'd still say it's too early to start making changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users