8 replies to this topic

#1 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Ok, so the Command Console, one would think would provide command bonuses to the team.

Here is my thought:
Instead of only relaying target information for whatever you have targeted (the red box)- relay target information for everything your sensors can pick up, that you have line of sight of.

This is not particularly useful to you individually, but I think the effect it would have for your team would be phenomenal. Certainly worth 3 tons to a team-minded player.

----------------
(Clan Target computers could use a little help too.. currently you either equip TC Mk1, or TC Mk5+ in order to reap semi-sufficient rewards for the tonnage.)

#2 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

So let me see if I understand, you propose that the command console effectively be watching every target it has LOS to, relaying all those targets Simultaneously to all others on team, rather than only relaying the specific one targeted, which is how our current sensors are working. If I understand correctly, what you propose would often make very little difference, but in the rare case when the command console carrying mech sees a bunch of mechs that its allied mechs do not, they will all be lit up as valid targets.

Also, if that same command console mech had BAP or ECM counter mode, it could be an ECM bubble popper, especially if its allied mechs also had BAP to deal with the 3-5 Ecm common on some teams.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 07 July 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#3 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostMad Porthos, on 07 July 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

So let me see if I understand, you propose that the command console effectively be watching every target it has LOS to, relaying all those targets Simultaneously to all others on team, rather than only relaying the specific one targeted, which is how our current sensors are working. If I understand correctly, what you propose would often make very little difference, but in the rare case when the command console carrying mech sees a bunch of mechs that its allied mechs do not, they will all be lit up as valid targets.

Also, if that same command console mech had BAP or ECM counter mode, it could be an ECM bubble popper, especially if its allied mechs also had BAP to deal with the 3-5 Ecm common on some teams.

I think it would be far more effective than the couple things it dos now, individually.

Additionally for use, it could make all visible/sensible targets have a -75% Info data gather time- for all members of the team.
That is useful all the time.

Having it be a duplicate of BAP/ECCM may be useful, and could not hurt.. (so long as it does not take the place of a more useful ability.)

#4 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

I like the concept here, but I see an abusive problem with it. Spotting for LRMs. If all visible targets pop up on everyone's radar, LRMs would be able to target any of them and rain down. It's be like having the UAV, just built into a mech (with visuals).

On the other hand, it would be great to show there are a lot of enemies "over here" instead of having to say it...

I can see good and bad with this suggestion. But it might be worth looking into. Currently, it does nothing related to any command function. Your suggestion would make it seem more command worthy and more worth it's tonnage and class mech restrictions.

#5 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

You would even think they would have given CC 2x internal health to the cockpit :\

Also sad TC's don't have lead indicators. That programming technology is LosTech.

#6 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostTesunie, on 07 July 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

I like the concept here, but I see an abusive problem with it. Spotting for LRMs. If all visible targets pop up on everyone's radar, LRMs would be able to target any of them and rain down. It's be like having the UAV, just built into a mech (with visuals).

On the other hand, it would be great to show there are a lot of enemies "over here" instead of having to say it...

I can see good and bad with this suggestion. But it might be worth looking into. Currently, it does nothing related to any command function. Your suggestion would make it seem more command worthy and more worth it's tonnage and class mech restrictions.

It would be a permanent LoS UAV, but given that it is only LoS, I do not think that it would be broken.

#7 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

In the most recent implementation of the command module, having it effectively be a mobile UAV (good way of explaining, shorthanding it...) seems ok, IF it is only passing what IT CAN SEE to others (Like immediately above post), not making things not otherwise visible/detectable with the UAV anti-ECM effect. I think that if the command center carrying mech manages to knockout ecm with a BAP that it ALSO mounts (+1.5t), it would be having a greater effect, even then, due to enemies using multiple ECM, I dont think this would be unreasonable or OP. Most of the time it only would be possible due to it having paid a palpable price in tonnage, (CC + BAP) for a benefit that may only occasionally apply, and even then will only apply because of synergy with other teamates, needing not just the command console mech w.BAP/ECM to knock out serious ECM but other BAP carrying mechs working nearby as well, given the tendancy to have multiple ecm mechs when projecting a ECM bubble around your "deathball".

Edited by Mad Porthos, 07 July 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#8 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

The target sharing idea sounds pretty good. It would be nice if the command console were centered more on providing teammates with these kinds of benefits.

#9 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

You know I'd be happy if the thing would just let me designate an enemy mech, and any teammate with LOS can see that designation. Command requests fire on BRAVO. Or something turn that target info green for all I care, that would be totally worth the tonnage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users