Party Games Suck Now

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hello guys. So 4x3 was a great update for pugs. The games are much more balanced now.

My problem now is that if you play in a group of a few friends, you just have no chance. I have a 1.81 K/D, so its not like I'm a sucky noob crying cuz I died. And I've been playing since beta (I'm just saying this to fend off haters)

My group win loss ratio is like 1 win per 8 losses. Its a disaster. Its curb stomp every single game. Then after I look and we were fighting a 8 man, while my team were all just random little groups in their stock green mechs, tryign to hodl a really bad position. Playing with friends isnt fun anymore.

Are you guys having as little success playing with small groups as me? Today every group game I've played was a loss. And last time I played I only won once...

Edited by Vesta Beast, 07 July 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Several threads about this open already ... nothing new here.

#3 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostVesta Beast, on 07 July 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hello guys. So 4x3 was a great update for pugs. The games are much more balanced now.

My problem now is that if you play in a group of a few friends, you just have no chance. I have a 1.81 K/D, so its not like I'm a sucky noob crying cuz I died. And I've been playing since beta (I'm just saying this to fend off haters)

My group win loss ratio is like 1 win per 8 losses. Its a disaster. Its curb stomp every single game. Then after I look and we were fighting a 8 man, while my team were all just random little groups in their stock green mechs, tryign to hodl a really bad position. Playing with friends isnt fun anymore.

Are you guys having as little success playing with small groups as me? Today every group game I've played was a loss. And last time I played I only won once...

Yeah playing in small group sucks now becuase of the new dynamic group queue. They fixed waiting time but ****** up balance and fairplay! And what an epic fail to bring back groups of 5-10 and mix them with 12 men groups even 2-4 group can face the 12 men group. **** all these idiots who are complaining about waiting time!!!

#4 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 07 July 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Not suprised. I didnt see them though lol... Otherwise I wouldnt have posted. them ore the better really though. Cuz pgi will be like "Oh crap this is a serious problem" and fix it asap.

Edited by Vesta Beast, 07 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 07 July 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

And what? Feedback is important becuase they ****** up the MM! 12 men groups are favored over smaller groups! Really bad solution!

View PostVesta Beast, on 07 July 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Not suprised. I didnt see them though lol... Otherwise I wouldnt have posted. them ore the better really though. Cuz pgi will be like "Oh crap this is a serious problem" and fix it asap.

I hope they realize it!

#6 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Easiest solution to this is to make a 3-4 man group queue and make them all sit there and wait until they are paired up with other 3-4's.
But I have a feeling there would be bitching about that.

#7 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 07 July 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Easiest solution to this is to make a 3-4 man group queue and make them all sit there and wait until they are paired up with other 3-4's.

There will be bitching about everything, because thats the mechwarrior community for you lol... But bitching and having a relatively fair game is better then a ton of bitching because people arnt having fun anymore.

#8 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I think they should first try to separate 12 men groups from the group queue.

#9 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Ever thought about what solo players felt like with 4man groups in their games? Now you have to deal with the same concept, if you didn't defend solo players before, you can' defend yourself now. Just deal with it and skill up, get a bigger group, or play solo.

#10 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Ever thought about what solo players felt like with 4man groups in their games? Now you have to deal with the same concept, if you didn't defend solo players before, you can' defend yourself now. Just deal with it and skill up, get a bigger group, or play solo.

Deal with it? Listen you genius not everybody have lot of time to play the game with friends hours and hours each day, many players have also other things to do like job, family...So not everybody has a chance to play in bigger group. But even playing in bigger group does not make sense becasue12 men group will beat you most of the time if not always! You looking on the situation only from your angle!

Edited by ENS Puskin, 07 July 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#11 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostVesta Beast, on 07 July 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Join a clan or Merc Outfit. There are hundreds of them out there to choose from. You're going to need one when CW drops anyway. I routinely drop now in 8-12 man groups with my clan and we have WAY more fun than we used to when we were limited to 4-man groups. The game as it is right now with PUGs and solo players was never really the full intention or vision of the game, it's just a testbed for ironing out issues in the game engine prior to CW and IG coming down the pipe - which is the real full game.

#12 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Actually they probably need to lose more to win.
Winning is actually bad for persons who haven't learn to carry matches...

Eg. Example from a match last night in Caustic...
Star of the match whiner in my team exclaims.. 'We Lose ! 3 Trial mechs in our team !'. Proceed to explain not to expect much of him as he is grinding a slow Kitfox..
I look at the team...I see some name I recognise... Decent balance of mechs.. I probably didn't recognise anyone on the enemy team.
Spawn on the left near the hill... I notice my lance didn't move and decide to engaging from there... Against my better judgement... What the heck.. Turn back to them to help them out in my dual gauss jager...
Opportunity seen.. Multiple enemy assaults in the open slowly marching to the center.. Dual gauss goes into 1KM sniping rapid fire mode.. Warhawks.. Daishi.. Atlases.. What ever I see gets Gaussed...
During this process... Whiner Kitfox whines about an Ecm Spider somewhere on the map.. Shortly after he dies...
The rest of the team maintains the defence line in the corner and continue to pummel any enemy mech that tries to assault it.....

End result... 2 kills many assists edge out top damage and a touch away from death... Victory 12 - 1 Steam roll... Only dead guy on our team being the whiner kitfox...
Hope the dude learns some humility after that match. :(

Edited by ShinVector, 07 July 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

I would actually suggest tweaking the 2 queues. Possibly keep 2/3 teams in the solo queue, then group queue would be 4/6/8/12. Or teams of 2 in the solo queue, group queue 3 to 9, 12 members.

The major issue is not really the queue setup but the lack of Faction divisions/planetary lobbies. Regardless of each faction/military arm having a TS, every other unit also uses their own TS server/setup so there is no real unification.

Hopefully when more components of CW go live it will get better but right now it SEEMS PGI is going backwards in their approach. This approach though also means that atm they do not have to constantly have GM/CSR actively patrolling chat servers/planetary rooms/etc, nor active faction GM/House Leaders/Khans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users