Workaround On The Workaround? (Weapon Placement)

No replies to this topic

#1 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

I've been having trouble getting the weapons I want to assign to a certain hardpoint location to STAY in that location after I save the mech loadout. The weapon locations will often switch to very undesirable configurations once you save it, making some builds entirely unplayable - for instance the wrong-sized missile rack firing our of the wrong tubes, resulting in a setup that should fire in one volley actually firing in several volleys because the larger missile racks are firing out of the smaller tubes.

I had read that a workaround for this was to remove the offending weapons, sell them, and then repurchase them and place them in the exact order you wanted them installed in the first place. I attempted this... spending millions of cbills to do so... and not surprisingly ended up with the same problem... this time on only one side of the mech instead of both. I've written to PGI to request a return of my credits for their failed workaround (but of course I have little expectation of that to happen, considering they're already too lazy to fix their shoddy work to begin with). However, I was hoping the community actually had a work around that... works. Anyone know how I can get the weapon I want to stay in the location I want?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users