579 replies to this topic

#561 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

View Postice trey, on 11 July 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

The only good thing I heard is that CW is now off of paper and in programming, but judging from the rates of progress that the staff were talking about, we're probably looking at ANOTHER YEAR before we even see it take shape.

In the Vlog 6 released today they said the phase 1 "Association" module would be released over the summer and that the next phase would be a winter release. So you a right in a way - it will take a long time now for a mode to materialise.

Edited by Karamarka, 11 July 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#562 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

View PostKaramarka, on 11 July 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

In the Vlog 6 released today they said the phase 1 "Association" module would be released over the summer and that the next phase would be a winter release. So you a right in a way - it will take a long time now for a mode to materialise.

nvm, misread what you said

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 12 July 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#563 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

View Postkrash27, on 11 July 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Wow just wow you actually think that you can disprove a persons opinion, wow.
My god man opinions are not facts to be disproved. So what your saying is that people are not entitled to their own opinions?

I think you confuse people spouting hyperbole with opinion.
Yes we are on different playing fields that is for sure.
I think you need to educate yourself and realize that everyone has an opinion and just because some opinions differ from yours does not make them wrong.

I was not arguing anything with anyone the OP asked why founders are mad so I stated why I was not mad but disappointed, again my opinion. I will not waste my time in PM's trying to reason with you, that I can see is futile.

I am still laughing at this one. he literally said you can not disprove opinion.

#564 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

http://www.auburn.ed...ct-opinion.html

I will leave that there. Also a good quoute, this is just the summary but it is a good read.

"To summarize, statements may be facts, opinions, false factual claims, or untested claims Facts are statements supported by converging evidence, whether empirical, analytical, evaluative, or metaphysical. Opinions are self-reports.Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion because only that person has the inside information to verify a self-report. False claims and untested claims are neither fact nor opinion.Both false claims and untested claims, but not opinions, claim to provide information about the real world. Accordingly, to accept a false claim or untested claim risks error, and error can be dangerous On the other hand, to reject factual claims is also risky because we fail to benefit from valid information. ]Mistakenly relegating facts about evaluative or metaphysical matters to the realm of opinion is a common failure of critical thinking."

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 12 July 2014 - 01:06 AM.

#565 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

Attempting to derail a thread because you do not like it, is a punishable offense.

I removed more then 60 posts from the last couple of pages that attempted to do just that. Next time a user who attempted this on this thread does it again, if in this thread or somewhere else, will find his posting abilities to be under moderator approval for a while.

#566 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 12 July 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

I am still laughing at this one. he literally said you can not disprove opinion.

That's correct. You can counter an opinion with your own, and you can try to change someone's opinion by providing facts along with your own ideas, thoughts, and opinions, but you can't disprove an opinion.

Why would one feel the need to disprove someone else's opinion? If someone feels a certain way about a certain thing, who are you (or anyone else, for that matter) to try to force them to change how they feel?

#567 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 08 July 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

I ain't even mad. ;)

I am a bit... disappointed. "If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment."
Basically, I signed up thinking I'd be playing through the Clan Invasion in my trusty rust-bucket and playing a very sim-oriented Mechwarrior game, with military objectives, with meaningful gameplay, and with an over-arching "metagame" in Community Warfare.

What I got was a largely beautiful and fast-paced multiplayer deathmatch game with robots, and no respawns (the latter being a plus, to me.)

Then we got lied to, constantly promised CW in 90 days, promised no 3rd Person View, and then they just dump in the clan mechs into general deathmatch population further eroding the very little immersion the game has.

I paid $120 to get in on the ground floor of a great, tactical MMOFPS that was lore-heavy and friendly to the classic BT rules; a "thinking man's shooter." But what I got... was this.

Which isn't horrible, it just isn't the game I paid $120 for.

And all I want, even now, is to see that original dream come true. It won't.

>What i wanted was military objectives, with meaningful gameplay, and with an over-arching "metagame" in Community Warfare.
>What I got was a fast-paced multiplayer deathmatch game with robots

Well said.

Like i've said in other threads - if you put a stadium with 100,000 cheering fans around the maps we have currently (or 'matches') it wouldn't actually look out of place :(

#568 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 11 July 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Gimme CW and not a black box with a "%" in it and I won't be mad anymore.
Seriously how hard would it be to post just one screen shot?

you've been around for a long time, do you remember when they first talked about CW and how it was just something sketched out on napkins? I think their moms came into the basement one day and cleaned the place and the napkins were tossed out in the garbage.

No I'm not a teenager and this is partly in jest, but it is a good description of how I think things went down. I believe that there is no screen shot of CW because they haven't gotten it off the white board and into any kind of coding, even though 18 months ago people were offering to give them an Alpha version for free.

#569 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

View PostStormyblade, on 12 July 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

That's correct. You can counter an opinion with your own, and you can try to change someone's opinion by providing facts along with your own ideas, thoughts, and opinions, but you can't disprove an opinion.

Why would one feel the need to disprove someone else's opinion? If someone feels a certain way about a certain thing, who are you (or anyone else, for that matter) to try to force them to change how they feel?

Why would someone feel the need to try to disprove someone elses opinion? because in their opinion they are right and no one else matters, you know, a touch of the God Complex or Christ Complex. I back this up where he says that he is on a different playing field than another poster instead of saying that he views things differently because his opinion is different. Instead his attempt to set himself apart has made him look like he believes that he is above most of the other posters. Funny how just six months ago he was stomping around the forums throwing fits all the time because no one would accept his opinions as truth and one of his favourite things to do was to argue with certain people no matter what thread they were posting in no matter what the topic. Now he is claiming some kind of enlightenment and that he has some kind of personal Zen as if that makes everything he has to say that much more valid. Closed minded is closed minded and although you can lead a horse to water you cannot make them drink when their pride gets in the way.

#570 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostStormyblade, on 12 July 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

I can not believe I have people telling me you can not disprove someones opinion. Forums are you serious?

We must all live in separate realities. In my world the sun is green and the world is actually made of candy.

#571 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

You can present facts to try to change someone's opinion....assuming that person accepts that the facts are in fact facts....

#572 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 12 July 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

you've been around for a long time, do you remember when they first talked about CW and how it was just something sketched out on napkins? I think their moms came into the basement one day and cleaned the place and the napkins were tossed out in the garbage.

No I'm not a teenager and this is partly in jest, but it is a good description of how I think things went down. I believe that there is no screen shot of CW because they haven't gotten it off the white board and into any kind of coding, even though 18 months ago people were offering to give them an Alpha version for free.

Yeah I hear you.
It's just so astonding to me, just a few screenshots would alievate most of the qq and anger going on.
It's not like it a secret recipe and they don't want the competition to find out.
There is no competition.

#573 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 12 July 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 12 July 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

I can not believe I have people telling me you can not disprove someones opinion. Forums are you serious?

We must all live in separate realities. In my world the sun is green and the world is actually made of candy.

And there is your answer.

View PostWolfways, on 12 July 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

You can present facts to try to change someone's opinion....assuming that person accepts that the facts are in fact facts....

I can't believe you are going on about this still.
"Hey somebody asked the opinions of others but I don't like that guys opinion over there so I am going to try and disprove it"
Great community building attitude to have. it is like someone said earlier, presenting the facts almost never changes the opinion of the targeted person so your efforts fail. Opinion often times isn't based on fact so good luck changing opinions with your facts, which other people will see as your opinion.
Do you get the circular logic yet?

I am done with you and your ego after this post BLOOD WOLF.
You can argue circular logic with yourself. People like you bury opinions you don't like in useless threads like this one has become. No wonder PGI can't get the metrics needed to balance the game for everyone.

You "win" I guess lol.

Edited by krash27, 12 July 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#574 Quinton99

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

I'm going to echo what a lot of the Founders have said and say that I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

I'm disappointed in the poor choice of priorities, allowing core gameplay to go unchanged for years and bad balance to persist for months. They framed in a beautiful house, and then wasted time and effort on window dressing before even building any of the walls. Most people don't realize, or remember for those of us who were around, but we honestly expected at least some semblance of CW - and don't get me wrong we expected it to be rudimentary and incomplete - by the end of Closed Beta! I feel like a lot more of that could have been realized had PGI not gone running down some pretty serious rabbit holes only to come back out with features that nobody wanted or even cared about. (I'm looking at you 3pv and Cockpit Glass)

But what's really keeping me away from this game is not a failure to deliver on timeline, though there has been plenty of that to go around, it is what appears to me to be a series of conscious choices that signal to me that this will never be the game that I hoped it would be.

They're never going to get rid of instant perfect convergence (which they said back in CB was an accident that they were working on fixing).
They're never going to get rid of Ghost Heat.
They're never going to get rid of 3pv (though even trying at this point would be a waste of time)
I could go on.

Each one of these features, whether you like them or not or whether you believe they serve a purpose or not, is a conscious design choice and that tells me that PGI is intent on building a game that I just don't want to play.

#575 Gooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostDjPush, on 08 July 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

added content (clan mechs) for free (which it will be)

for free ... as long as you have dozens of hours available to grind for the cbills. (Yes, I know this is how F2P games work, and I'm not even really complaining about that, it just seemed like you're implying the devs are doing us a huge favour there).

What "content" have they not delivered?

Community Warfare.

Why do you think you shouldn't have to pay more money to help the game along?

I prefer to pay when a product is complete, not before. Same reason why I've got about 15 early access games on my Steam wishlist waiting for a full release. Same reason why I wait a week for AAA games just to make sure there aren't any game breaking bugs. I made an exception for the founders package because I really enjoyed MW3, MW4, MC1 and MC2. I will contribute more money when (if?) CW gets released, and if it plays like it was described 2 years ago.

I see my friends and I having a great time with a decent Mechwarrior game.

I've also had fun with the game. But having mastered something like a dozen mechs, and with no new maps released for several months, I've got no motivation to play right now.

#576 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostQuinton99, on 12 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

I feel like a lot more of that could have been realized had PGI not gone running down some pretty serious rabbit holes only to come back out with features that nobody wanted or even cared about. (I'm looking at you 3pv and Cockpit Glass)

I wanted cockpit glass (and anything else that adds immersion), but admittedly not at the cost of CW.

#577 Ospreyy

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Until this week I hadn't played since beta, and was shocked to see how few maps there are. And forest colony just doesn't feel right 12v12. It was my favourite when it was 8v8, now I hate it with a passion.

#578 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostOspreyy, on 19 July 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Until this week I hadn't played since beta, and was shocked to see how few maps there are. And forest colony just doesn't feel right 12v12. It was my favourite when it was 8v8, now I hate it with a passion.

Don't even get me started.
Forest Colony needs to be expanded or tossed.
So does River Sh!tty....I seriously detest river ******, I haven't liked that map since it came out and every time I play it I like it less.

Frozen City and Caustic are decent (the issue with caustic is the players)

I LOVE Tormaline,

....I wish they would get rid of that god forsaken hill on Alpine.

Edited by Yokaiko, 19 July 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#579 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

We had the carpet cleaned yesterday, but the carpet is still wet so there is furniture all around my computer space, but it's too hot to go outside. It's making me claustrophobic and the fans we are running are bugging me.

Oh, wait, you probably meant about MWO...

I'm not mad about MWO.

#580 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I...uhm.

I've got nothing here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users