The Dragon?

81 replies to this topic

#81 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEverywhere at once.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostThe Advisor, on 13 August 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Not bad. Especially for Dragon. Nice job.

Jenner still my baby (In my past 25 matches I only died when I overheated myself on accident aka Terra Therma+Lava+Lasers+Fellin)

Thank you and I had a jenner once upon a time. It is a fun mech and a good one.

#82 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 13 August 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

P.S. As a sidenote, I also tried the 5N with 3xAC2s, SRM6 and 2 Medium Lasers. It performs well. It can even try to stand and fight for a bit more because the screen shake makes most enemy pilots nervous and they lose their concentration thus allowing you to wreck them even further. The only Dragon that I haven't tried experimenting with is the 1N but this is because I have OCD about filling all hardpoints in all of my mechs. It just feels wrong to know that I've unused hardpoints. The 1N simply doesn't have the weapon tonnage required to fill all hardpoints with really useful weapons it seems. I'll try it someday but at least in theory it seems too bad to even try.

yea i had good luck with this setup also. It definitely seems more like a build that is built on just suppression so your teammates can do the damage or get the enemy to back off. I see a lot of that as they pop over a hill or around a corner and you start slapping them with 6 damage every 3/4 a second, they get off whatever volley they can and back up pretty darn quick.

I gave up on MPLs on mine, too much heat and not enough range. that extra 50m you get with the MLs is vital to me with the dragon. You are already so limited as it is you need everything you can get and range to me trumps the extra 1 point of damage and the quick duration.

I've tried so many other things and they just don't work worth a damn. Still just so out classed it isn't funny. It's worth a round every now and then or when I need bills I can take the flame although I have better hero mechs for the return.

almost like they just need a lot more armor, then I could totally understand the lack of hard points and fire you can could put. Even with fast engines, you can't really flank and maneuver because you are pretty much toast if you come up against a light or a clan mech.

maybe if you could get the speed + like 4LLs, that might work really well but you can't.

EDIT:
nm... you can....I must try it now
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3533085bb02a8b4

i think I can lower the engine also and maybe get 4 LPLs on there which would also be awesome.

Edited by Bigbacon, 16 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users