Omnimech Pricing Breakdown

147 replies to this topic

#21 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostElCadaver, on 08 July 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

This is where I feel we are approaching the pay to win horizon.

Yeah, because 6MM for a Kit Fox is P2W compared to the 11MM+ it costs to buy and outfit a Raven 3L.

O.o

#22 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Always nice to see run downs.

Players should also know that Clan AC/20s and LBX 20s (not U-ACs) cost 1.2 million each!

Clan mechs are very expensive to load out by comparison.

Expect to spend a few million C-Bills outfitting a Clan mech!

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 08 July 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Expect to spend a few million C-Bills outfitting a Clan mech!

On even some of the more minor refits. According to the thingy here, I've spent over 22 million cbills since the 17th and I haven't even kitted out 1/4th of my Clan mechs yet.

June the 17th^

#24 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'm looking forward to getting a Warhawk. I've bought the Dakkawhale, and man, that thing makes the Misery feel agile. But from what I've seen of the Hawk, it's got manoeuvrability to burn.

#25 Raiyuken

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

I'm sitting at almost 100mil C-bills no Premium time used since Clan. Just activated my 90+ days to level my Clan mechs quickly, I only have 1 hero mech I USED to pilot often until the arrival of FS9K. Not sure why people are whining that much about C-bills.

Of course MC wise is stupid too since you already waited this long might as well wait a little more for C-bills version. I personally would spend MC for Hero/Champion/Mech Bays only.

#26 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 July 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

• GRAND TOTAL:
    • 6,008,161 C-Bills
    • 2,405 MC (@ 2,500 C-Bills/MC, the normal exchange rate for all standard Mechs)

OK! Building of classic ecm spider costs 9,540,540 cbills which is much higher than bying ecm omnipod + 3ams for kitfox.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e08b3063e386dbd

Edited by Kirtanus, 08 July 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#27 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I can't tell if that price includes the price of double heat sinks, ferro, and endo upgrades which i believe come stock. I don't think it does which really drives the price down. It really is a reasonable price, much more so than i anticipated. I've no interests in lights but I will definitely pick up a clan Heavy and this gives me hope I'll be able to afford them. Looks like they won't be much more than an IS heavy.

Edited by IdolElite, 08 July 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#28 ArchAngelT

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

What would be nice is if they kicked the fixed engine. If they would have announced that before hand, like in a news letter to our emails, I wouldnt have have bought the direwolfs or any clan mechs. And with hit boxes still messed up on many mechs especially the new direwolf's CT(every hit to LT or RT going to CT) clan mechs really are not worth it. And until they start the LRM limiting, and allow engine swaps or ams on any torso or arm, the game is way 1 sided. I mean they didnt even say that the direwolf wouldnt be able to move its arms from side to side,(just up and down) bs. Not all mechs were created equal, if they were every1 would be running around in tricked out jenners. I mean u cant even upgrade armor or internals on the direwolf. its got the same amount of armor as an Atlas. I'm pretty sure the clans didnt leave for so long just to come back alil itty bitty tiny bit stronger, faster, efficent. I mean come on.

#29 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

So if clan weapons and equipment are balanced with IS weapons and equipment....

Why do they cost so much more?

#30 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostKirtanus, on 08 July 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

OK! Building of classic ecm spider costs 9,540,540 cbills which is much higher than bying ecm omnipod + 3ams for kitfox.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e08b3063e386dbd

The problem with using IS mechs as comparison is that the original equipment cost is included. Currently all we need to know is the chassis cost per weight category and omnipod costs, the rest we can figure out on smurfy like what you did.

#31 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

and now you know why I fed the p.. er bought a direwolf prime with two additional variants. There was no way I was going to play this game enough to get one, plus the nature of how omnimechs work unless theres something outstanding about the ct you can use your prime variant, additionally the whole 3-2 thing for mechs you have a special standard variant of... but I digress.

they're really freakin expensive, and this game isn't a big enough draw to me to grind what is basically a better gaussapult.

is it pay to win? considering the current definition of pay to win, technically no. However grind ransoming is its own kind of evil.

although to be fair I could write a paper on how to maximize "game" profitability by finding frogs to boil.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 09 July 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#32 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

I was wondering why the c-bill cost is that low looking at that score? This seems way to low benefit if you take that score into account. Can someone give a clarification on c-bill earning parameters please?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: with premium time active

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 08 July 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#33 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

Tbh Clan lights aren't any more expensive than IS lights. Keep in mind the mandatory FF, ES, DHS, XL engine for IS lights. Even a fully equipped Locust cost more than the stock Kit Fox Prime. LCT-1E

You'll need the inital weapons outfit. You pay for the ER upgrade (saying that both ER Large Lasers and ER PPCs cost the same for IS and clan) as well as the Ultra and LB upgrades (keep in mind that there're usually no clan autocannons, so their C-ACs cost the same as the LB-X - being literally just another ammunition type). That's double the price of none ER/Ultra/LB-X variants. If those weapons would be available for IS yet, they would cost the same.

They become quite costly as soon as you start fiddling with different Omnipods. For a Kit Fox each Omnipod is 145,000 c-bills and something. That's not that much. Fiddle around a Dire Wolf and we're talking about 500,000 per pod.

#34 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

nice breakdown, but one question:
  • 30 ton chassis:
    • 579,517 C-Bills
Where does this came from? is this an arbitrary number or is this a TT value? Are the numbers known for the rest of the weight classes?

#35 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

For a drop-ready mech, this is pretty damn cheap. Even if you change some omni pods and weapons, a fully upgraded IS light would cost more. Given how "balanced" Clan tech is, this seems like a definitive buh-bye to most IS mechs.

Edited by Modo44, 09 July 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#36 Raiyuken

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Kind of naive of PGI to not include the DHS/FF/Endo cost into the KFX because lets face it almost all light mechs take all of those upgrades. For Heavy + mech it is still a DHS/FF upgrade at least in most cases.

Shows their shallow knowledge of their own balancing. If anything the current KFX is cheaper than what it would be for outfitting an IS light. Not to mention there are intangible "cost" such as 2 CS DHS, no ENDO CS, lower XL risk, stronger ER PPC and weapon ranges.

To sum it all up:
Their KFX is a precendent that they are going to sell all the Clan mechs at a discount compared to a full custom IS mech. Not to mention if you're those type who sells their unwanted mech after Elite-ing them, do realize that Clan mech resale value accounts for DHS/FF/Endo + Omnipod(Even when removed) which mean "moving on" isn't as expensive and troublesome as IS mech (Engine Swapping and DHS/Upgrade lost value)

#37 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostArchAngelT, on 08 July 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

What would be nice is if they kicked the fixed engine. If they would have announced that before hand, like in a news letter to our emails, I wouldnt have have bought the direwolfs or any clan mechs. And with hit boxes still messed up on many mechs especially the new direwolf's CT(every hit to LT or RT going to CT) clan mechs really are not worth it. And until they start the LRM limiting, and allow engine swaps or ams on any torso or arm, the game is way 1 sided. I mean they didnt even say that the direwolf wouldnt be able to move its arms from side to side,(just up and down) bs. Not all mechs were created equal, if they were every1 would be running around in tricked out jenners. I mean u cant even upgrade armor or internals on the direwolf. its got the same amount of armor as an Atlas. I'm pretty sure the clans didnt leave for so long just to come back alil itty bitty tiny bit stronger, faster, efficent. I mean come on.

if they allowed the Dire Wolf to change engines it would be utterly overpowered. right now you can do 4xC-UAC5, 2 C-ERPPC, 8 tons of ammo and about 22 heatsinks. if it was allowed to change that engine to a 350, and not move/turn at the speed of a sinking Oil tanker it would break the game (especially if you could put endo steel on as well). it HAS to have that disadvantage, just like (although to a slightly lesser extent) the Timberwolf HAS to have that oversized engine, as its weapons profile would be too good if you could downgrade to a 325 or a 350.

Oh, and you can get lateral movement on Dire Wolf arms. you just have to use the right arm of the A variant, and tick the lower arm actuator box (means no PPCs in that arm, but so what, put em in the left arm)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 09 July 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#38 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

The Kit Fox is pretty bad, so there is little issue there. A cheap TW will pretty much wipe other heavies out of existence.

Edited by Modo44, 09 July 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#39 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 July 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

So if clan weapons and equipment are balanced with IS weapons and equipment....

Why do they cost so much more?

Because it's not balanced, and the good clan robots are better in every way than IS robots. Gotta pay a premium for that power, brah.

#40 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

The prices are fine, most IS mechs when you max them out with different engine, DHS and whatever and weapon refits get into the same pricing areas.

The real issue may be, that newbies even with the cadet bonus will be very retsricted into where they are able to enter the clan ranks. Possibly change the cadetboni, so that after completing them, a cadet has like 20 Million C-bills avalable.
by this he can at leats buy and properly eqipe a single IS mech or buy a mostly basic Clanmech. And maybe grind some more for higher tonnage Clanmechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users