Purchased A 'mech But...

19 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDavao City, Philippines

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

...'Mech did not show up in garage and the money (C-Bills) was deducted.

I received the following message, "Error in Saving 'Mech."

So...what do I do to fix this? Or am I out of 2.5m C-bills?

#2 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Submit a ticket, I've been seeing people with your same issue lately.

#3 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

And by ticket, e-mail support@mwomercs.com with your description.

#4 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Okay, will do thanks. Funny thing is all the equipment and armaments are there in inventory, just not the 'Mech. Go figure! lol

#5 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, it is a known bug, one of many UI issues. You can end up buying everything but the mech.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

What did you attempt to buy?
Did you close the client and check again?

#7 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 July 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

I purchased the Shadow Hawk 2H (non-champion). I received all the armaments and equipment, but not the 'Mech.

#8 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 July 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

To follow up your question about closing the client, yes I did. I just logged back in and the 'Mech isn't there. I put in a ticket, but lord knows when I'll hear back from this on this. So I guess I'll count those C-Bills lost.

#9 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

The loss was due to a known bug, so you should be getting a refund without too much questioning. Note that PGI/IGP reside in Canada which generates some delays for support actions.

#10 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 09 July 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

To follow up your question about closing the client, yes I did. I just logged back in and the 'Mech isn't there. I put in a ticket, but lord knows when I'll hear back from this on this. So I guess I'll count those C-Bills lost.

I've gotten really good service from Support. I'm sure they'll resolve the issue for you to your satisfaction. I had an issue once that wasn't even their fault, it was mine, and they gave me some premium time just out of good will.

Game support is really top notch.

Jody

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 09 July 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

When this happened to me, I checked back about 15 to 20 minutes later and it magically appeared with a blue line saying "receiving items."

#12 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 09 July 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

I've gotten really good service from Support. I'm sure they'll resolve the issue for you to your satisfaction. I had an issue once that wasn't even their fault, it was mine, and they gave me some premium time just out of good will. Game support is really top notch. Jody

I hope so. 2 days ago I submitted a ticket about their system denying me purchase of MC. Got an initial email then and hadn't heard anything since. Not a good start if you ask me.

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 09 July 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

I hope so. 2 days ago I submitted a ticket about their system denying me purchase of MC. Got an initial email then and hadn't heard anything since. Not a good start if you ask me.

Their support staff does not work on weekends, and even if you sent it on a Monday they'll probably be a few days before they can get back to you.

You can check the status of a support ticket over here http://mwomercs.com/support/tickets (al;l my tickets are "closed", but it should say either unassigned or assigned or something)

#14 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for the link Redshift. They did reply to me in the last hour. So that helps in the first matter. Hopefully, they can resolve it so I can spend some money. :D

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

Keep in mind payment issues are not always on PGI's end, they may have to tell you to contact your bank/credit card/paypal etc depending on what payment type you've been using. But at least you heard back from them

#16 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 July 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Keep in mind payment issues are not always on PGI's end, they may have to tell you to contact your bank/credit card/paypal etc depending on what payment type you've been using. But at least you heard back from them

Yeah they let me know that the problem was with their system. They've made an adjustment (whitelisted me) so that won't happen again.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostDalton Dakota, on 09 July 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yeah they let me know that the problem was with their system. They've made an adjustment (whitelisted me) so that won't happen again.

Ahhh...

Heh. Normally a purchase of I think it was up to 30 (or so) dollars is okay and goes through, automatically white listing you. But if you're a completely new customer and the first thing you do is go for a 55 to "zomg the holy grail" purchases, it tends to set up a flag (as you never know when a kid has his parent's credit card and just buys something because it's shiny).

So I'm glad they worked that out.

Purchasing (as in buy a mech and bam it's disappeared) errors have only started in this and the June 17th patch, likely related in part to how 'new' the building system is for the Clan mechs (as many mech saving/loadout errors began appearing around the same time and from what I've noticed as of late the mechlab literally 'builds' and populates your mech when you go to click on it, slapping on even the paint scheme after the fact).

Usually the second patch of the month addresses issues caused by any new features found in the first patch or the one before. So hopefully they'll have tracked it down and fixed it by the mid month patch.

Edited by Koniving, 09 July 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#18 Dalton Dakota

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 July 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Ahhh...

Heh. Normally a purchase of I think it was up to 30 (or so) dollars is okay and goes through, automatically white listing you. But if you're a completely new customer and the first thing you do is go for a 55 to "zomg the holy grail" purchases, it tends to set up a flag (as you never know when a kid has his parent's credit card and just buys something because it's shiny).

So I'm glad they worked that out.

Purchasing errors have only started in this and the June 17th patch, likely related in part to how 'new' the building system is for the Clan mechs (as many mech saving/loadout errors began appearing around the same time and from what I've noticed as of late the mechlab literally 'builds' and populates your mech when you go to click on it, slapping on even the paint scheme after the fact).

Usually the second patch of the month addresses issues caused by any new features found in the first patch or the one before. So hopefully they'll have tracked it down and fixed it by the mid month patch.

Yeah I think because I'm here in the Philippines and my billing address is in the US kinda threw the system into that "zomg the holy grail." I'm sure they'll take care of my "lost 'Mech purchase too." :D

#19 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostModo44, on 09 July 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

The loss was due to a known bug, so you should be getting a refund without too much questioning. Note that PGI/IGP reside in Canada which generates some delays for support actions.

What does Canada have to do with delays?

They're on PST/PDT (UTC-8/UTC-7), so depending on where you are in the world, times may not match up, and even then, they're supporting a game with a reasonable sized player base with a small staff, so it may take some time for a responce, but I've never had it take more than a business day when I've had issues to report.

#20 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostBront, on 09 July 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

What does Canada have to do with delays?

They're on PST/PDT (UTC-8/UTC-7)

That. Thanks for playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users