Mech Recommendations

2 replies to this topic

#1 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Given the recent buff to the SRMs in the form of ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO DO DAMAGE, I've been thinking that I want a mech to do SRM damage! So, I bring the question to you, thou foulest of foul, the forumest of forum! What mech should I be looking at to do damage with SRMs?

As a general rule, I prefer mediums to heavies, but my recent forum queues have taken me down the Kit Fox path. Jump jets would be ideal, but not completely necessary. I have a Catapult A-1 already outfitted, and rather enjoy my Shadow Hawks as a rule, so something with that movement profile would be ideal.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Shut up. SRM's are stupid, and ur ideas are stupid.

^^ Added for that authentic forum feeling.

Mediums, man. Mediums are glorious.

The A1 is an entertaining mech, but too limited in having only missile hardpoints. That's my opinion at least.

I'm going to recommend the Griffon. Griffon's packing SRM's are tons of fun. It's the same tonnage and thus the same armor and speed options as the Shadowhawk, but while the Griffon sacrifices ballistics, it gains crazy agility. It twists faster, further, turns quicker - once you get playing a Griffon, Shadowhawks feel like pigs.

Seriously. The Griffon isn't a meta-humping powerhouse like the Shadowhawk, but it truly excels at what it does, and more than anything else the Griffon is an absolute joy to pilot. Agility, massive open cockpit for unparalleled view - no mech makes a high Field Of View setting so awesome!

Another great option is the Stormcrow, though that'll be a long time before it's available for cbills. My Stormcrow SRM striker is tons of fun. There's other good SRM brawlers in ClanLand, but I'll assume you're looking for options you can grab for cbills today.

#3 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 09 July 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Shut up. SRM's are stupid, and ur ideas are stupid.

^^ Added for that authentic forum feeling.

Mediums, man. Mediums are glorious.

The A1 is an entertaining mech, but too limited in having only missile hardpoints. That's my opinion at least.

I'm going to recommend the Griffon. Griffon's packing SRM's are tons of fun. It's the same tonnage and thus the same armor and speed options as the Shadowhawk, but while the Griffon sacrifices ballistics, it gains crazy agility. It twists faster, further, turns quicker - once you get playing a Griffon, Shadowhawks feel like pigs.

Seriously. The Griffon isn't a meta-humping powerhouse like the Shadowhawk, but it truly excels at what it does, and more than anything else the Griffon is an absolute joy to pilot. Agility, massive open cockpit for unparalleled view - no mech makes a high Field Of View setting so awesome!

Another great option is the Stormcrow, though that'll be a long time before it's available for cbills. My Stormcrow SRM striker is tons of fun. There's other good SRM brawlers in ClanLand, but I'll assume you're looking for options you can grab for cbills today.

I've been thinking about the stormcrow, but am somewhat hesitant about shelling out more money for clan mech$. Besides, I have Dire Wolf, so at least there's that. Besides, the lack of jump jets put me off, as I am a huge jump jets fan (NO I AM NOT SOLELY META ARGLEBARGLEBARGLE!).

Griffon, on the other hand, looks interesting. If it's as agile as you say, it may be worth a look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users