Cascade Module

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dick Hauser

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Forgive me if this exists in lore, or has already been covered--I searched.

Recently, I've been thinking about having a way to change the firing of linked weapons (especially after playing the Dire Wolf). I would very much like to see a simple module that cascades the firing of lasers (in a millisecond fashion) to reduce the simultaneous fire penalty. I know the 3+ penalty is intentional, so that's why it must cost a module slot. Sure you can just click fast in chain fire, but that's inconsistent, especially when in a bind. I also like the idea of having a module that's constantly working for you, though in a small way.

To expand on this, the feature could also be used to designate firing patterns. Patterns to be set on the Weapon Grouping screen. Sort of a vanity thing like cockpit items and warhorns. *imagine the Hunchback 4P firing cascade mode in a zig-zag, or Daishi firing criss-cross.

Might sound silly but I think it fits, although maybe in a later stage.

While I have a topic open, I also want to squeeze in another thing. Big Gulp cockpit item. Just a big 7/11 type drink. Why haven't I seen this yet?

#2 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

They need adjustable chain/group fireing options. External hardware with macros can do it, let us have an ingame macro system for weapon groups. At the very least they need to add the ability to fire multiples in chain, like 2LLs, then the next 2LLs instead of just one at a time or creating 2 groups and timeing them yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users