3 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

So, the other day I was doing a support mission in my Catapult A1 when I noticed movement on the ridge on the left flank. I backtracked a little and moved out on the left flank my self, trying to get further out and around as I'm not exactly in a close combat setup.

1 minute later, moving around a huge rock I spot the enemy mech from about 800m. The siluete is unknown to me, and the Targeting Computer kept switching between MAD and CAT, because it could not deside if it was an Marauder or Catapult. Yes, it was me, not Phelan Kell.

This is why this Clan Mech was later officially designated Timber Wolf by the IS...

NO, WAIT A MINUTE!!!

IS targeting computers should use IS designations on Clan Mechs. For an IS pilot, the Mad Cat is the Mad Cat, not a frakking Timber Wolf.

I suggest you fix this. ;p

Edited by Serpentbane, 10 July 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#2 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

What about clan pilots stuck piloting IS junk heaps? :P

#3 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

I was hoping for the different designations depending on what type of mech you were in (Clan vs. IS) too.

#4 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostTim East, on 10 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

What about clan pilots stuck piloting IS junk heaps? ;)

That’s a tough one, as this game actually does not divide players as IS or Clan, and thus have no way to tell if you’re playing as IS or Clan. Besides Factions that is, but I’m not sure they would work either.

But, the easiest fix would be to say IS mechs use IS targeting data, Clan mechs use Clan targeting data. Even if one would assume Claners have updated the designations on their old mechs targeting computers themselves, and not used the new updates from the IS...

Edited by Serpentbane, 11 July 2014 - 12:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users