Option For Lance Assignment

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Lance Assignment (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a feature you would like to see?

1. Yes (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sukotto

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

I believe that it would be a valuable feature if we were able to assign our own group members into Lances at the screen where you ready-up at. This isn't as simple as it sounds, as doing so would create a few rough edges.

If you could assign people to specific Lances, (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie), it would create too much of an advantage for groups. For instance if you were fighting against mostly pugs, you could throw a group of fast Heavies into Alpha Lance and rush the mixed lance that spawed far away from their team.

A way to counter this would be to NOT allow people to be assigned to specific Lances. This could be done in multiple ways:

1. You assign your group of seven into two Lances and one has an open spot for a pug. You don't get to pick the designation (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie), but they will spawn together in one of those Lances.

2. You assign your group of seven into two Lances and one has an open spot for a pug. You don't pick the designation, and your Lancemates spawn randomly mixed with the other Lances. This way, you at least get the proper indicators for the Lances you want.

Thoughts?

#2 Cabbage Merchant

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

If you take Company Command you can move people around from lance to lance already. This doesn't change their spawn point and often makes people angry unless you're in a purely PUG match.

If I understand you right you want every group to be able to choose their lances and for their changes to lance composition also change their spawn points.

Correct me if I'm wrong or not fully understanding you.

#3 Sukotto

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostCabbage Merchant, on 11 July 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

If you take Company Command you can move people around from lance to lance already. This doesn't change their spawn point and often makes people angry unless you're in a purely PUG match.

If I understand you right you want every group to be able to choose their lances and for their changes to lance composition also change their spawn points.

Correct me if I'm wrong or not fully understanding you.

I want groups to be able to choose their lances, but I do not want them to be able to affect their spawn points. That would be unfair.

So if you were playing with a large groups, you could throw all of your lights together if you wanted.

I think the Company Command thing is a bit clunky, especially if someone is taking it just to mess around.

#4 Cabbage Merchant

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostSukotto, on 11 July 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I want groups to be able to choose their lances, but I do not want them to be able to affect their spawn points. That would be unfair.

So if you were playing with a large groups, you could throw all of your lights together if you wanted.

I think the Company Command thing is a bit clunky, especially if someone is taking it just to mess around.

So yeah, it would be nice to have this as a feature. I agree that the company command feature is a bit annoying, but would we want to get rid of it for even PUG matches?

I feel like maybe they could have separate ready screens for matches made from the group queue and matches made from the solo queue.

Edited by Cabbage Merchant, 13 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#5 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

I want to block the ability of armchair quacks from moving me into a lance away from my Clan Mates, just because they think they know better, or have a preference for lance layout... screw that... you freaking ask first before you move anyone ******* I don't care if you don't like how the game sets up the lances in the matches... I am so sick of getting moved without my permission and then the ******* keeping command so their screwups can't be fixed.../end rant

Edited by Galenthor Kerensky, 25 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#6 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

Gal Kerensky,
make yourself the Lance commander and you and your lance cannot be moved.

G7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users