• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 21 July 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

I noticed only 2 guys claiming to have reconnected while we have 1 or 2 disco every other game. LITERALLY. I had huge lag once and i closed the game and reconnected successfully. I dont think people are losing connection, they are deliberately leaving the game because it's not carrying them hard enough.

Add a big penalty to disco when alive now, make sure you cant play another mech at all. It makes sense now that you can reconnect, no excuse.

While I think we should wait a while before having an actual penalty for disconnecting, I think you should forfeit all earnings from ongoing games the second you queue up for another match.

#342 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 July 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

By our powers combined....RUKO!

#343 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 July 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Where time constraints exist, we appreciate both the patience and initiative shown by the Community in members like Slime. :)

Just FYI, it is "sILme", not "sLIme". I only point that out because I know how it feels to have someone misspell your name, especially when it is a complimentary post, lol.

I do not know him, but in situations like this where a community member helps you guys out, I think it would be great if he was rewarded with something like MC or a cool shoutout (well, you kind of did that here, but you know what I mean).

#344 Kursam

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

I don´t know if someone already mentioned.

For Modulsystem:
It would be nice to have 3 typ´s

1) Pilot Slot (that the Pilot take´s in every Mech): Sensor + Targeting

2) Mech Slot: Consumable + Support

3) Mech Slot: Weapon + Vision

Every Mech got one Consumable/Support & two Weapon/Vision Slot´s.

With mastering the Mech you get one Consumable/Support Slot, one Weapon/Vision Slot or one hybrid Slot (for both to use).

For the Pilot to get a second Slot for maybe 50.000 GXP or after unlocking the 4th Modul or ...

Would give you a little more control of Consumable & Mech use.

And we don´t have to switch the Modul´s every Match (when changing the Mech).

Just a thought

P.S.
It take´s me 3 min to restart my PC & Game :)

#345 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'll be expecting an impending arty/airstrike-pocalypse until some work is done by the Dev Team to introduce a wider variety of consumable modules like something that generates a false mech signature, or jams the ability to call in an arty/airstrike for a period of time, or something along those lines.

#346 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 21 July 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'll be expecting an impending arty/airstrike-pocalypse until some work is done by the Dev Team to introduce a wider variety of consumable modules like something that generates a false mech signature, or jams the ability to call in an arty/airstrike for a period of time, or something along those lines.

Hmm? I don't see why. I don't think anybody really says "Hey, you know what, I'm not going to take an Arty strike because I want to fill that module slot with a Hill Climb module. People who are interested in paying to use arty are already doing so.

It's not even really debatable, the consumables are so much better than regular mech modules that there are really only two reasons not to use them:

A) You're cheap
:) You're lazy (too lazy to reload them all the time).

#347 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 21 July 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hmm? I don't see why. I don't think anybody really says "Hey, you know what, I'm not going to take an Arty strike because I want to fill that module slot with a Hill Climb module. People who are interested in paying to use arty are already doing so.

It's not even really debatable, the consumables are so much better than regular mech modules that there are really only two reasons not to use them:

A) You're cheap
:) You're lazy (too lazy to reload them all the time).

I and others I play with are neither cheap nor lazy. Module selection depends on play style and/or principle. I for one use advanced zoom for my sniper builds and with the introduction of radar deprivation, have been using that in the second slot on mechs with two module slots. Come next week there will be no reason to NOT bring artillery or airstrike consumables, so yes, I'll be expecting more prolific use of those consumables on the battlefield.

#348 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

You are both right. People that already use arty/air will continue to do so, but this change will make that opportunity cost (of sacrificing other modules) non-existent, so even those that are currently too lazy and/or cheap (both of which apply to me) will start to use consumables more often.

#349 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostCimarb, on 22 July 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

You are both right. People that already use arty/air will continue to do so, but this change will make that opportunity cost (of sacrificing other modules) non-existent, so even those that are currently too lazy and/or cheap (both of which apply to me) will start to use consumables more often.

Indeed.. You know, there are some changes they do that just do not make sense to me..

#350 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

Still would like to know if/when C-LB_-X ACs will be fixed. (Use both Cluster AND Slug rounds.) C-ACs are pointless since C-UACs take up one less crit-slot and fires the same way only more often. (Well, with a chance of jamming that is.)

I would like to see ammo that can be swapped on the fly. Tap a button and the next round to reload will be the new ammo type. Press and hold said button, the current round is ejected (costing you that round) and the new type is loaded in.

#351 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostKursam, on 21 July 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

I don´t know if someone already mentioned.

For Modulsystem:
It would be nice to have 3 typ´s

1) Pilot Slot (that the Pilot take´s in every Mech): Sensor + Targeting

2) Mech Slot: Consumable + Support

3) Mech Slot: Weapon + Vision

Every Mech got one Consumable/Support & two Weapon/Vision Slot´s.

With mastering the Mech you get one Consumable/Support Slot, one Weapon/Vision Slot or one hybrid Slot (for both to use).

For the Pilot to get a second Slot for maybe 50.000 GXP or after unlocking the 4th Modul or ...

Would give you a little more control of Consumable & Mech use.

And we don´t have to switch the Modul´s every Match (when changing the Mech).

Just a thought

P.S.
It take´s me 3 min to restart my PC & Game :)

No man f.u.c.k. restrictions! Free choice!!!

#352 Jester McCloud

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

I can't understand what you guys are saying, any chance of closed captioning for the hearing impaired?

#353 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostJester McCloud, on 22 July 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

I can't understand what you guys are saying, any chance of closed captioning for the hearing impaired?

Transcript in the spoiler below the video.

Thank you Niko.

#354 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Just get rid of arty/airstrike, devs. Please. It has no place in this game.

#355 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 22 July 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Just get rid of arty/airstrike, devs. Please. It has no place in this game.

I like having them in-game. They bring so much tactical play into it. I think they need to be regulated though.

For example make the lance leaders be the only ones capable of using them. While allowing players to request them on locations they have line of sight to. It would give commanders more use of the battle-grid system.

#356 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 July 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

I like having them in-game. They bring so much tactical play into it. I think they need to be regulated though.

For example make the lance leaders be the only ones capable of using them. While allowing players to request them on locations they have line of sight to. It would give commanders more use of the battle-grid system.

Limit them to mechs that have a CTC/CC (or better yet, only CC, as what Clan Warrior calls in an AirStrike or especially artillery support?). On top of that, limit lance/company commander to the same restriction... Make the things worth more than some personal percentage buffs...

#357 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostCimarb, on 22 July 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Limit them to mechs that have a CTC/CC (or better yet, only CC, as what Clan Warrior calls in an AirStrike or especially artillery support?). On top of that, limit lance/company commander to the same restriction... Make the things worth more than some personal percentage buffs...

No clan warriors will request that support during a duel, but in a full engagement they will be using it. There are also cases where the clans just get their murder rage on and offer no zellbriggen at all. The Jihad was a good case of that, where they basically explained to the Blakists that they are all under a trial of annihilation with no zellbriggen extended.

#358 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 July 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

No clan warriors will request that support during a duel, but in a full engagement they will be using it. There are also cases where the clans just get their murder rage on and offer no zellbriggen at all. The Jihad was a good case of that, where they basically explained to the Blakists that they are all under a trial of annihilation with no zellbriggen extended.

Indeed true. If Clans were really unable to use artillery or airstrikes, then there wouldn't be clan versions of said equipment in the tabletop game.

I agree about needing CC or CTC to bring in artillery or airstrikes. Gives those pieces of equipment (especially CC) a better purpose.

#359 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

If you need CC (useable by heavy and assault IS mechs) or cTC you would limit them to heavy/assault IS mechs or clan mechs.
I saw others suggesting the opposite: only light/med mechs could use strikes.

I'm not sure if that would be the right way to go about it.
I think they are useable too often still. Bit more cooldown couldbe needed.

Imho there should just be more options to bring.
Smoke screen, Chaff, maybe placeable seismic/heat decoys, placeable seismic sensor towers, inferno (napalm) strikes, and so on.

More equal choices means less airstrikes (if they are all equally useful).

#360 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 22 July 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

There needs to be some sort of restriction. Something to severely limit their usage so we see them with far less frequency.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users