#61 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

View Postkazlaton, on 11 July 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

It seems like they are trying to force people to use consumables and those horrible weapon modules by limiting each mech to only 1 mech module slot. Such a bad idea in an otherwise good batch of news.

They are creating CBill sinks. Because we didn't prioritise the less-useful modules previously, they're making us have dedicated slots for them so that we say "oh well I guess I may as well spend 6M CBills to fill it".

F2P in action, sadly.

#62 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostRoland Skinner, on 11 July 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

About new maps - finishing off the ones you had planned sounds good. But after that, is there any way you can start rolling out variants of each map with different geometry ? I don't care If the same buildings, objects, textures, effects, overall lighting, sky etc are the same - but having 5 different Forest Colonies, 5 different caustic valleys, etc would add soooooo much to CW. I don't know if that is technically feasible. If you crowd sourced it I bet you'd get a ton. I don't have those skills but I'd drop my butt off testing them if it helped.

I think the vast majority of the community would like to see this rather than alternate versions of the same map. The maps we have now should be more like suites of maps taking place in the same environment but with different sizes and layouts. Example: Caustic Valley B--a major pipeline connects several remote refineries separated with rough hills and cliffs. Caustic Valley C--A large hazy plain with rolling hills tall enough for cover but not mountainous. Caustic Valley D--an old weapons cache enclosed in a large, deteriorating base.

Though the slightly flooded Canyon Networks is also a great idea. Just don't go crazy on the alternate versions unless you make significant changes to them to make them play differently. The avalanche on Forest Colony is nice, but it's the only alteration. There should be more. River City night could have more structures destroyed and collapsed and more fires and smoke.

#63 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostPezzer, on 11 July 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

I just hope that the final CW product isn't just a ****** World of Tanks clan map rip-off (to be brutally honest).
Of COURSE that's what it's going to be. That's ALWAYS what it was going to be.

I'm not being pessimistic here, just realistic. Consider: PGI consistently implement the "least hard" solution to everything, whether it's new features or fixing existing balance issues. There's simply no way they're going to surprise us with a leading edge, innovative Community Warfare solution that has all the cool ideas we can come up with.

We'll get a map with some borders that can move. Mech prices will go up or down based on which side of the border, and CBill rewards will go up or down based on how many "Loyalty Points" you earned. That will be Community Warfare.

#64 Moohlord

• Pip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMunich , Germany

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

To be honest, I am more than disapointed. All the new stuff sounds cool but the designers are not able to clean up this big pile of bullcrap called "mechlab".
I would rather like to see a sort function for all the equipable parts. Especially finding the right ammo type is way more annoying that it has to be. No filter and the ammo types are not even arranged in a specific order.

Furthermore if I search a specific Module or engine in one of my mechs, I have to search all my mechs. But not by hovering the mouse over it - nooo, I have to click and then click on another button. Then I have to select a completely different menu to switch out the parts if i finally found the ones I was searching for because making changes from this "show Mech" screen would be too easy.

What is the reason you can create Clan mechs, new gameplay elements, fancy weekly offerings but there is nobody in your whole company that gives a damn shite about proper handling?

Remember Dune 2 or the first Warcraft? You could not select more than one unit at a time. Then, you had to hold SHIFT to draw a box to select 4 units at the same time. The same thing goes with this game . Playing it is actually fun but controlling it is 4 times as annoying as it should - and has to be.

THESE are the points a responsible developer should prioritize over everything else. Cool game but there is no reason for the developers to be proud at this point.

Edited by Moohlord, 12 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#65 Daehoth

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I'm very disappointed with the module slot news too. Weapon Modules are almost useless and it sounds like they're providing for more weapon module slots. Even mastery of a mech adds an additional weapon module slot. This is just silly when hardly anyone has any real use for weapon modules.

More mech module slots!!!!

That's all I have to say.

#66 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Yeah I don't really care about weapon modules. They are not worth it. And increased ranges for Clan weapons? They don't need it. Rather than redoing modules, I'd like to see a revamp of the pilot skill trees so each mech allows you to pick different paths to unlock things in a heirarchy. So on a light mech, you could unlock ones that allow you to be a better scout or better fulfill your role. I think it'd be ok if the same options were available to all mechs, but you would have to decide how best to spend your xp. You could have one that has better agility, or one that is balanced, or one that is designed to help tank damage.

#67 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

All good news except for the modules thing, which does need some clarification. It certainly sounds like basically all mechs that currently run with a full set of Mech modules will be getting a nerf, let us hope this is not the case.

I appreciate that the new system further encourages people to buy consumables, but meh. If you were not the sort of person to buy them before then this change is unlikely to alter your habits.

Edited by Ozric, 12 July 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#68 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Make it 2 mech module slots, 1 consumabe. Thanks.

Or change the master module slot from weapon to mech . Getting a third useless slot as reward for mastering a mech devalues the process of doing it.

Edited by meteorol, 12 July 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#69 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

Many "Mech Modules" are the Most important and they want reduce their usage?!?!?! This sux badly... and dulcis in fundo,

the prize fo mastery will be 1 additional useless weapon module slot!!! LOL...

IMHO FAIR default slots may be 1 consumable slot, 3 Mech Slots, and 1 Weapon Slot, adding +1 to each after masterying!

#70 SRC472

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Don't like this plans for modules. I mean its nice to get slots for some weapon upgrades like ams and so on but what should a raven with er ll do with all those weapon modules. there is no upgrade for er large lasers and so all slots for weapons are completly useless. every mech should be able to have 3 mech slots after its mastered. If they want extra slots for consumables maybe like converting one mech slots to two consumable slots if the player wishes so. So you can adapt modules slot types for each mech.
But at this moment it really seems they want to force us to use consumables....for what reason ever..............

Thanks for thinking about new maps and the "progress" with community warfare!

#71 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

getting my hopes high....please don't shatter it ;)

not too fond of the module slot's change though, those weapon mods aren't worth their cost in my opinion. but other changes are great! :(

now then, i didn't hear any mention about general chat feature. is it already included with module1 CW?

#72 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Well, thx for regular updates about the progress you make or will make!

#73 Daehoth

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Additionally, weapon modules add range....targeting computers already ADD range with no additional heat.....

Who came up with this module change idea..? it's silly silly ..plain silly.

#74 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 12 July 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

Yeah I don't really care about weapon modules. They are not worth it. And increased ranges for Clan weapons? They don't need it. Rather than redoing modules, I'd like to see a revamp of the pilot skill trees so each mech allows you to pick different paths to unlock things in a heirarchy. So on a light mech, you could unlock ones that allow you to be a better scout or better fulfill your role. I think it'd be ok if the same options were available to all mechs, but you would have to decide how best to spend your xp. You could have one that has better agility, or one that is balanced, or one that is designed to help tank damage.

The whole pilot "tree" thing, with different role based unlocks was actually the original idea. For whatver reason, it got dumbed down into what we get today, which is the same unlocks for every mech, regardless of role. Seriously, I don't care about arm movement on anything under an assault, pinpoint damage is still useless, etc.

It doesn't seem like it would take a huge amount of effort to add some more unlocks and group them into "Scout", "Support" "Brawler", and utility. Scout is movement speed, sensor buffs, target aquisition. Support could be LRM speed, weapon falloff, anything emphasizing ranged combat. Brawling could be some slight damage mitigation/armor buff, weapon cooldown reduction, srm spread, pulse laser heat, w/e. Utility would be something like the current cooling efficiencies, fast startup, and any other interesting miscellanous efficiencies that can be added.

It's not like you would even have to brainstorm, the forums would give you 100 ideas in an hour for new unlocks.

EDIT:

Making me take a weapon module instead of something useful is a giant pain. They are useless, both in the actual benefit versus drawback, and especially in benefit vs. cost. I would only consider buying a weapon module if it cost somewhere in the 250,000-750,000 CBill range. Millions of Cbills for marginal benefits is crap.

Edited by Postumus, 12 July 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#75 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

I see Consumables-Auto-Refill, sweet! ;)

#76 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Lot of good stuff this time

clan lrms+
maps+++
rejoin++++++

I think the weapon mods are generally not interesting enough I'm going to buy them though.

What about the new IS mechs? vindicator, mauler???

#77 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Great VLog!
My 2 cent:

Master-Module being an Weapon Module slot is a real downgrade. I understand they want to limit OP-Modules, but much leveling the Masters has now been a waste of time.
But as i remember, that the Weapon modules were planned as 5 Lvl upgrades, and Lvl 5s were told to be really powerful (although nothing concrete was ever told about them).

More Community-driven Mapmaking?! AWESOME!!! (not the mech, wich is crappy).

Uhm... 3 Consumables per Mech?? This game is at times already Arty-Gallore. Not that these are gamebreaking, but constantly escaping/tanking artys really annoys me already. Now it a real choice between taking Consumables and Mech-Modules. When it's pratically a free slot for everybody, everone will equip them because they can. So there will be a massive influx of Artys already. And having about 3 of them, jeez! i also think, that since these are buyable for MC's maybe the change hasn't been made so much with gameplay in mind, but more with the moneymaking aspect of the game (which, as i understand it, is still not completly working for PGI if you think in the long run).

#78 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

Maybe they just need to reassort some Modules to weapon modules to make the slots more useful (Zoom Module; Target decay and so forth). That would already help the weapon module slots a lot.

#79 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

Well, there, we have it, development momentum is in place, now if only we can avoid once again getting into overexpectations, but the game is in a good state now, minus pinpoint alphas, but oh well. Thanks for all your work, PGI. Fanboy Glee Intensifies. ;)

Oh and, I think I'm not the only one who wants to mention this, so just putting it out here.

Terra.
Therma.
SNOW.
Thanks. :(

Edited by Azargo, 12 July 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#80 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

Great improvement on the quality of sound/picture from the previous Vlogs!

View PostRyvucz, on 11 July 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Is it that hard to watch?

i wanted to watch it, but i was on my mobile away from home, and that stuff eats at my data credit so bad, a transcript is appreciated in those circumstances.

so, as to the content of the video:

Reconnect: Awesome! we've got a couple guys in our unit (myself included) that consistantly have connection issues (either PC or Net) and this will help out a lot

seperating modules: great! but if you do this you NEEEEED more consumables, or have only one consumable slot, otherwise you will find 40+ air and arty in every match, we don't need that...

new map: great, i like more cartography, but what i like more is the idea of a "flooded" canyon network! imagine the water level being up to almost the ridge lines!
it would take some extra coding (do i remember right that water will decrease laser damage in proportion to depth, or was that just talk back in beta?) but it would be so cool if the water was murky even, and stopped visual targeting, you could move your entire lance underwater for a surprise flanking move! think of the possibilities! (and of the annoyances should one light be left alive on skirmish!)

start the chant:
Flooded canyon! Flooded canyon! Flooded canyon! Flooded canyon! Flooded canyon!

Edited by Euphor Kell, 12 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users