Biggest Mech you know of?

61 replies to this topic

#21 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Salamander PPR-5S. The fact it carries two LRM-20s in its pecs, where those launchers would normally occupy an entire torso section or an external rack, and still looks like it has mobility, and that third LRM-20 on its left arm like a bludgeon... it just looks huge to me. Like, Step-On-Jenner-and-not-realize-it huge.

#22 Steel Talon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Now try to find bigger :) .

#23 Ezrekiel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostSteel Talon, on 27 August 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Now try to find bigger :rolleyes: .

easy as cake

Posted Image

Edit: and another pic ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Ezrekiel, 27 August 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#24 Ogre Magi

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

The largest mechs in BT are 100 tons and that a hard limit, the above mentioned Ares was a product line for the now defunct mechwarrior clicky tech of which the 100+ tonner designs never caught on.

There are Larger Mech designs, the Warhammer 40k Heavy assaults, the Macrooos SD 1, even the planet of the Autobots in which it was a very large robot so size is realtive in my opinion.

#25 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostSteel Talon, on 27 August 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Now try to find bigger :rolleyes: .

Posted Image

SUP??

edit: zomg ninja'd. Spent too much time looking for the best one ;) .

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 27 August 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#26 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostMilitantMonk, on 21 June 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

The Omega is based on the Behemoth which was a last ditch effort weapons program by Amaris during the collapse of his reign. It was so heavy the leg actuators shut down on the first test run. It never made it into the field but General Kerensky took all the research and the prototype(s) with him. It was remade as a 100 ton mech the Stone Rhino and during the ***** schematics of it influenced the Omega.

thats not the omega ***** thats the behemoth (stone rhino) that you are describing

#27 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

OG project Omega FTW

Posted Image

Suck Jumpjet backwash Marthe Pryde!

#28 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

I thought we were talking BT mechs, not mechs across genres. Otherwise I'd have to point at Haydon IV for the Robotech book series. A planet the size of Jupiter unfolding into a mech with Macross-y beam cannons as its smallest guns.

#29 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Alright, out of the four canon/semi-canon BattleTech 'Mechs over 150 tons, there is the Behemoth, or "Amaris's Folly" which was around the 2800s or so (I'm not too good at rembering dates around that time) which was big enough to collaspe on its first test run. After Kerensky liberated Terra, the soon-to-be Clans took the prototypes with them and refined it into a workable, non-100-ton design, which they called the Stone Rhino. When they invaded, the Inner Sphere saw how much it looked like Amaris's Folly and called it the Behemoth.

The Orca was designed by Catalyst Game Labs for an April Fool's Day joke. It was built by Clan Smoke Jaguar based on the Behemoth.

The Omega was designed by the Word of Blake to defend Terra, much like the origianel Behemoth, which it was based off of. By this time (3079) however, Triple-Streneth Myomer had been invented, and so the WoBbies version could actually fight, albeit at the speed of an UrbanMech. They wound up builting, like, six of them.

The last 100+ tonner is the Ares, of which there are four designs (I think). It was built during the Dark Age, by someone-who-I've-forgotten, and as such, isn't considered canon by most fans (because of the Dark Age thing).

Now, you may be wondering why the Ares is called a Colassal-Class, while the Omega is a Super-Heavy, and why the Ares takes three people to operate and seems less advanced than the Omega. Well, in real life, back it 2002 (I think) at the end of the FedCom Civil War (3067 in-universe), WizKids wanted to jump the storyline about 75 years, in a different format of tapletop game they called MechWarrior: Dark Age. A few (real) years ago, that finally burned out, and Catalyst Game Labs had to pick up where "Classic" BattleTech left off, at the end of the FedCom Civil War. They built a storyline for the Jeehad (sorry, the fourms censor that word) which WizKids had used as thier excuse to push everyone into another Dark Age. At the end of the Jeehad, Catalyst Game Labs decided to give the WoBbies a 150-ton 'Mech, because, well, it's really cool! But anyway, the Ares was designed before the Omega in real life, but after the Omega in-universe. Kinda confusing, isn't it?

TL;DR: Aww, common! It's not that long!

#30 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostRanger207, on 27 August 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

The Orca was designed by Catalyst Game Labs for an April Fool's Day joke. It was built by Clan Smoke Jaguar based on the Behemoth.

It's Clan Wolverine, not Smoke Jaguar. Also, while we're on non-canon April Fool's 'Mechs, TLTP:FTSI has another one appropriately called a Hogarth, which is also three-legged.

Edited by Arctic Fox, 27 August 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#31 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

I seem to recall that the Orca had some fun variants, including one that had a rotary Gauss Rifle. Talk about a dream weapon - a cGauss that can fire 4 or 5 times each round? Yes please.

#32 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostArctic Fox, on 27 August 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

It's Clan Wolverine, not Smoke Jaguar. Also, while we're on non-canon April Fool's 'Mechs, TLTP:FTSI has another one appropriately called a Hogarth, which is also three-legged.

About Clan Wolverine- Sorry, I never saw the PDF itself, but now that you mention it, yeah, I remember that it was the Wolverines. The Hogarth debuted in the 33rd century, after which, presumebly, Super-Heavy 'Mechs have been perfected. I did forget those 'Mechs though. They are the:
GOA-3H Goliath II [130]
PTM-5S Pacemaker [140]
RHH-4O Rhino [105]
DEM-5O Demon [200]
ORC-1A Orca [200]
KRM-4L Kremlin [145]
SWW-34R Swami [120]
STK2-6O Stalker II [115]
CST-3N Cistern [125]
SHO-6TH Hogarth [120]
ORC-7D Orca [200]
BLR2-1G BattleLord [135]

My favorite from the TLTP:FTSI is the MST-3K Manos. I just saw that movie again last week!

Edited by Ranger207, 27 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#33 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostOgre Magi, on 27 August 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

The largest mechs in BT are 100 tons and that a hard limit, the above mentioned Ares was a product line for the now defunct mechwarrior clicky tech of which the 100+ tonner designs never caught on.

There are Larger Mech designs, the Warhammer 40k Heavy assaults, the Macrooos SD 1, even the planet of the Autobots in which it was a very large robot so size is realtive in my opinion.

I beg to differ but the Rules for Mechs and Vees over 100 tons is in the latest set of BattleTech rules. I was testing them a few years ago, and I played them back when they were only house rules!

The Orca was an April fools gag... Did MWDA make it a canon chassis? The art for the Orcha is IIRC by Dave MacCullock.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 August 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#34 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

I think the Behemoth (Stone Rhino) is the best looking 100t mech ever made. I don't really think we need to discuss anything in the Dark Age, because it's not cannon.

Why not just go with the Cannon mechs? I also consider those mechs after the Jhad to be cannon, simply because they are :). Anyway, I've always only cared about cannon mechs, and sadly I've had to turn away from unseen mechs as well. Cannon mechs are the only mechs I care about.

Edited by Vhyle, 28 August 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#35 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostVhyle, on 28 August 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I think the Behemoth (Stone Rhino) is the best looking 100t mech ever made. I don't really think we need to discuss anything in the Dark Age, because it's not cannon.

Why not just go with the Cannon mechs? I also consider those mechs after the Jhad to be cannon, simply because they are :). Anyway, I've always only cared about cannon mechs, and sadly I've had to turn away from unseen mechs as well. Cannon mechs are the only mechs I care about.

"Behemoth"? Bah!

Posted Image

There can only be one King.

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 28 August 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#36 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 27 August 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

The Orca was an April fools gag... Did MWDA make it a canon chassis? The art for the Orcha is IIRC by Dave MacCullock.

No, the Orca still is a non-canon April Fool's joke, and will most likely remain as such given that both its appearances in the TRO:PO and TLTP:FTSI both violate the canon construction rules and use equipment which doesn't even exist.

The Dark Age is canon, actually, it's just that BattleTech hasn't caught up to it yet, which is why the Ares still doesn't have a canon record sheet, unlike the Omega. The Unseen are still canon as well, it's just the artwork that can't be put into sourcebooks or otherwise used.

Oh, and the word '*****' is censored now? :) Curse you, ComStar!

Edited by Arctic Fox, 28 August 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#37 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• 1,971 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

If we're speaking about assault class - up to 100 ton, Annihilator then. Annihilator - the only mech looking at Atlas same way as Atlas looking at any other mech.

#38 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostLima Zulu, on 28 August 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

If we're speaking about assault class - up to 100 ton, Annihilator then. Annihilator - the only mech looking at Atlas same way as Atlas looking at any other mech.

KC above is kind of like a sideways Annihilator though.

#39 Blain Ygdrasil

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationInside the universe

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostCobweb, on 21 June 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

Eww, not a true battle mech, 3 legs,more than one pilot, it's a train wreck, and outside of clix garbage it's not cannon (yet).

This, however is cannon(s): see what I did there!? :)

150 ton super heavy mech
3 gauss rifles
2 LB AC-10s
http://mecha-master....Omega-277461743

Posted Image
What the **** of a machine

#40 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

I don't really think we need to discuss anything in the Dark Age, because it's not canon.

According to this link (http://www.scrapyard...con-2012-day-2/) Catalyst Game Labs will be doing the Dark Age for most, if not all, of next year. The Dark Age is canon, just not that well thought out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users