New Achievements

4 replies to this topic

Poll: New Achievements (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this achievement?

1. Yes (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi

Actually I am going to suggest 3 achievements

MVP - GOLD
MVP - SILVER
MVP - BRONZE

The basic idea here is ... as a proportion of your total battles you need to maintain 'x' number of top match scores.

So for gold it might be 80% of all matches fought ended with you having the highest match score for the whole match.

Silver might be 70%, Bronze might be 60%

If you get to this stage ... you get a GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE coin to replace your founders tag (If you want to)

If your your percentage drops again ... so you have a string of bad matches ... and you go down to 75% ... you lose the tag.

;)

Hope people like this idea.

#2 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

no votes??? really guys

#3 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

This is a horrible idea. I am firmly opposed to an achievement which is only realistically achievable by new pilots, and penalizes veterans like myself. Think about it. Someone makes a new account and jumps in, somehow pulls top damage against a crap team and suddenly gets the MVP Gold achievement because his ratio is now 100% of his matches as top damage. Then what do you do? Do you take the achievement away when he loses his next match? Does he get all three achievements on that first go? He does technically qualify for all three.

Then look at how it affects those that have been here since the beginning. Let's say I have already played 1000 matches. To get even the silver medal I have to have taken top damage in 700 of those. Only 1:24 pilots will get top damage for the match which means that (not adjusting for pilot skill) I would have only taken top in what? 42 of those matches? Even if I am a highly skilled pilot (which I don't claim to be) 700 top damage is statistically impossible. To compensate for bad teams which will see me dead before I have a chance (est 5% of all matches) I would have to run with a 12 man team of super elite players, this will reduce the overall odds to 1:12. So now I can realistically get maybe 100 matches assuming I am on-par with my team's skill level. But to actually get Silver I would have to be 7 times as good as anyone else on my team. Now high damage games I have seen can hit about 15,000 damage done, let's make this easier mathematically and call it 18000 which means that for every 500 damage they are doing (acceptable but certainly not elite numbers) I have to do 3,500. Again, a statistical impossibility.

Point is, No this system wouldn't work. Now if you want to set up a tiered MVP system where you get Bronze for say taking top damage in 10 matches, Silver in 100 and Gold after 500-1000 that would be fine and could actually be fun to try and grind out.

#4 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

It needs to be something that doesn't need to be maintained.

It could be a reward for getting top damage in X amount of matches or getting top damage in X matches in a row.

#5 Woodstock

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

the whole point behind it is that it would be FECKING RARE

maybe the % need to be lower ...

but it need to be maintainable to give it value.

and why would it be impossible to maintain ... if the gold is set to 60% or 65% ... something like that ... you can get top match score even if your team loses ... this is based on your own performance not your XP (which is linked to victory)

And there is nothing to say that it cant be set to only calculate based on matches SINCE its introduction.

there is little in the game these days to reach for ... the achievements system was great when it came out ..but now ... well ... there is very little movement.

this would be fluid ... it would focus players on doing the very best of their team in EVER match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users