Suggestion To Change Er/ppc/gauss

No replies to this topic

#1 D3athScyth3

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

I have been thinking about how to 'balance' PPC for a while but never bothered to mention any of my ideas.

With the surge of dual gauss dual ppc DWF, and after listening to the last NGNG podcast i thought i might throw this up.

PPCs are always considered to be a high output energy weapon in lore, so much so that there are very very few mechs that run 3 or more. My taking on this is due to energy output.

The energy that drives all weapons on a mech comes from the engine, and it seems to me we could try to reflect this energy draw in game.

So, my idea:

PPCs should as a first step require some charge time, similar to the gauss, however, rather than having this disengage after a set time, have it start generating more and more heat the longer this is depressed.

ie if you hold the charge button down to bring the ppcs to charge and fire you would only get a small heat spike, the longer you hold it down the more heat it builds.

This tied in with jj heat etc would help a lot of the ppc boating/poptarting, but shouldnt eliminate the tactic all together.

Further to this i would like to see some cort of 'Capaciter' bar , think jump jet fuel bar, that ties in to the charging mechanic for both PPC and Gauss, so unless you have enough capacitor energy you cant charge a ppc or a Gauss, this would curb the current DWF builds as it would stop the Gauss and ppc from firing all together, also means you dont need to change recycle times of the weapons and you could remove the limit of firing 2 Gauss at a time.

It does seem like quite a complex idea but i think it could be effective, and reflects the technology of the time period and the massive energy required for ppcs and Gauss

This is one of many ideas so i will see how this is received then may post up some others.

any feedback is quite welcome :)

See you on the battlefield.

Edited by D3athScyth3, 17 July 2014 - 06:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users