Let's Play MechWarrior3

21 replies to this topic

#1 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, England

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Greetings MechWarriors. Here is my new series of "Let's Pwn!" MechWarrior3.
There are 6 videos which show the whole of operation 3. If you missed operation 2 and 1 you can find them here:
http://polypwn.com/2...r3-operation-1/
http://polypwn.com/2...r3-operation-2/
or on our youtube channel
http://www.youtube.c...TV?feature=mhee
Here is the link to the article on our website and below is the link to the first video in the Operation 3 series.
http://polypwn.com/2...r3-operation-3/

I run Windows 7 64bit and I got MW3 running flawlessly, if you want to run MW3 look at the description on the first video in operation 1, it will explain how to get it running.
Hope you enjoy this series of videos :)

#2 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

This was highly amusing, having only seen the first couple of videos. And currently working on that fix you suggested. Hopefully it'll let my game run smooth now that I've actually got the thing installed. My only complaint is that the videos are so quiet. Had to turn up my volume to almost maximum, then someone IMed me and nearly blew me out of my chair. Otherwise, very amusing, and now every time I see an Owens, I'll think, "It's rather like getting attacked by a pigeon."

#3 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

haha thanks Alistair :)
yeah I've noticed the videos are quieter than my normal videos, even though I record them all at the same volume, I'll try to fix it for the next set, glad you like it though.
I got all of my fixes from the game from here http://www.mechwarri...82aa7a5f44d394b
so if you run into problems with it that site is the best, but the instructions on my first video should set you up nicely for it. Cheers

#4 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

these videos aren't accurate for me.... blasting away with my timberwolf nailed the final annilator and *windows exception error has occured* :)

#5 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

View PostStrayed, on 19 November 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

these videos aren't accurate for me.... blasting away with my timberwolf nailed the final annilator and *windows exception error has occured* :)

arrghhh no! so annoying when stuff like that happens. Have you installed all the patches from mw3.org? There is one patch that fixes the physics in the game which can cause it to crash, maybe thats what happened to you. Hope you can get it running without any problems. Honestly though, I think the Annihilator rage quitted on you :D

Edited by minty, 20 November 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#6 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

View Postminty, on 20 November 2011 - 01:45 AM, said:

arrghhh no! so annoying when stuff like that happens. Have you installed all the patches from mw3.org? There is one patch that fixes the physics in the game which can cause it to crash, maybe thats what happened to you. Hope you can get it running without any problems. Honestly though, I think the Annihilator rage quitted on you :D

Yeah been a while since I played it but think it was patched. I remember a mission where there was an annihilator in a tunnel and I didn't know it was there till I popped my head round and was insta popped with an LBX alpha :)

#7 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostStrayed, on 20 November 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Yeah been a while since I played it but think it was patched. I remember a mission where there was an annihilator in a tunnel and I didn't know it was there till I popped my head round and was insta popped with an LBX alpha :)

hah yeah that was most likely the Mech Factory, the last mission of Operation 2. I made the same mistakeand paid the price (though I cut that out of my video)

Edited by minty, 20 November 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#8 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostStrayed, on 20 November 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sounds like the mission where Epona Rhi says, "Blake's Blood, I'm dancing with an Annihilator up here! Anybody about to cut in?"

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 20 November 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#9 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 20 November 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

Sounds like the mission where Epona Rhi says, "Blake's Blood, I'm dancing with an Annihilator up here! Anybody about to cut in?"

Yeah thats the one, it's the end of the mech factory. Originaly I tried to help her and the Annihilator tore my Thor to pieces, so next time I just ended the mission as soon as possible, no way I was going back there again.
It's at the end of this video though I didnt actually go charging in there to see it haha

Edited by minty, 20 November 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#10 MDS Geist

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDeep in the Unknown of space Also known as a famous authors home state. " Hail To The Victors "

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

Ok I've got MW3 an a Win 7 professional system. An still can't get it to play with all the patchs.... Could a HD NVIDIA video card be the cause of it? Would really love to get back into MW3. Any thoughts?

#11 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

RMB>properties>compatability>Win98 or XP, worked for me.on none patched version. it has its issues but its playable.

p.s could try getting M$ Virtual machine and try running MW3 on that not treid it my self, so not sure how it will work out

Edited by Kodiak Jorgensson, 23 November 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#12 LaorDeLove

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Yeah I have issues too. I might modify an old computer to make sure the blasted game runs. It is a fun game.

#13 eXecute

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIn Space

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

There are ways to make the game to work on vista and win 7 on MekTek forums. (Replace some files and download a lil program) and it works.

#14 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

View Postminty, on 20 November 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yeah thats the one, it's the end of the mech factory. Originaly I tried to help her and the Annihilator tore my Thor to pieces, so next time I just ended the mission as soon as possible, no way I was going back there again.
It's at the end of this video though I didnt actually go charging in there to see it haha

Aww he didn't have guts to go toe to toe with the Anniliator! ;) think I actually used an UAC20 or LBX20 on my thor to beat it

#15 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

View PosteXecute, on 23 November 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

There are ways to make the game to work on vista and win 7 on MekTek forums. (Replace some files and download a lil program) and it works.

My mech3 runs fine here, but the video is bugged

#16 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostDeathscream, on 24 November 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:

My mech3 runs fine here, but the video is bugged

If it's just the standard Ati redraw problem, there's an easy patch for that.

#17 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

My video card is Nvidia

#18 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostDeathscream, on 24 November 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

My video card is Nvidia

I'm not aware of any problems with nVIDIA cards
Here are links to two stickies on the mechwarrior3.org site
http://www.mechwarri...opic.php?t=4546
http://www.mechwarri...opic.php?t=4594
and this is the forum link http://www.mechwarri...wforum.php?f=60
see what help you can get there

#19 eXecute

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIn Space

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I was about to post the links. The MW3 Community is still alive.

#20 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Yes, it's amazing they have done so much work to patch it and fix bugs to get it working with modern cards and operation systems. I'm loving playing it again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users