Universal Module Items

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Universal Module Items (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the proposed changes implimented (read below)

1. Yes (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Indifferent (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

I propose that the module items can be used by all mechs at the same time once you bought it.

Current situation: You buy module item for 6 million cbills and equip it on your favorite mech. If you want to play with the same module on your second favorite mech you need to unequip it first from the current mech it is on and then equip it on the one you want.

Proposed change: You buy module item for 6 million cbills and equip it on your favorite mech. If you want the same module on another mech, you can just equip it on it. Hope you guys saw the difference, I didn't have to go through the annoying unequip/equip ordeal.

There's also another annoying thing with the current system because I have so many mechs, I had to spend a few minutes last night to first find which of my IS mechs had the seismic module so I could take it off and put it another mech I wanted to play. I think I speak for most people when I say that you are not gonna buy multiple 6million cbill modules just so you can use it at the same time. They are so expensive that its not really a good option. People will always be swapping them around, but it creates annoyance. This cannot be compared to weapons because you can only equip one module item of the same kind as opposed to you can have 6 large lasers etc. So before someone goes crazy and jumps to weapons, stop, this is not the same deal with module items.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Everyone would likely love this but it defeats one of the "grinds" in this game that promotes the use of premium time, thus I doubt PGI changes it.

#3 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostLukoi, on 21 July 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

Everyone would likely love this but it defeats one of the "grinds" in this game that promotes the use of premium time, thus I doubt PGI changes it.

Sadly that's exactly how i see it...

I'd like to add that the topic name isn't very expressive. Or at least i expected something different from this topic.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 21 July 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#4 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 21 July 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Sadly that's exactly how i see it...

I'd like to add that the topic name isn't very expressive. Or at least i expected something different from this topic.

I dont think there is any grind involved. Like I said, does anyone actually buy multiple copies of the same module item? I know some people have farmed hundreds of millions so those guy probably do, but the average mwo player? I don't think so. I guess there's no real incentive for pgi to add this other than it would be a 'favor' for the players, but you can dream.

I couldn't come up with anything good for topic title, not sure what else to call the effect that makes the modules usable by all mechs without extra copies.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Interesting idea, I would at least like to see icons for any mech that does have modules installed as suggested in another thread, but if we could have this it would be a welcome change.

#6 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

At the very lease a section of the inventory that shows where they are installed alongside of how many I own... I bought a second module just the other day because I didn't want to go hunting for it (though I think it's on a mech I have set up a very specific way so wouldn't have wanted to move it out anyways). Sigh....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users