• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 August 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

RTFM.

You still have those modules; you didn't lose anything.

You mean, like the Strip Mech button, that can remove modules and such?

Seriously? What [redacted] manual? It's not like they posted on the front page that there's an issue with their update that strips modules yet leaves them invisible in the inventory UNTIL you save out the barren mech first. No, this is buried as usual, so don't act like it's obvious information for those that haven't followed every post. The ingame notice should be more forthcoming and helpful, they couldn't even manage that. The way it's worded is lacking in actually being helpful.

None of this would have been a problem if the return to inventory system they came up with had some forethought. This is NOT user error.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 01 August 2014 - 03:22 PM.
Language

#303 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Just reset the dam modules so we can stop hearing it pgi. It's not a major undertaking and it will make some of the "feedback" go away

#304 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostSandpit, on 01 August 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Just reset the dam modules so we can stop hearing it pgi. It's not a major undertaking and it will make some of the "feedback" go away

+1

To be fair re: weapon modules, there are a couple good options.

If you run AMS, there's no downside to AMS Overload for +10% RoF and Increased AMS range. Both are minor enhancements, but there's no opportunity cost for using them.

Also, the Silly Small Weapon mods (MG, Flamer, etc) have no downside. Except lol.

In some builds, SRM/SSRM mods are useful as well, as can be an AC20 mod for a boomjager or some such (my YLW runs both a AC20 mod and a LPL mod, as it's not heatcapped anyways)

#305 Talrich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

The weapon modules are badly implemented and unnecessary. Please remove them and stop this line of development.

Red smoke is everywhere. Please reduce the role of consumables, particularly direct damage ones.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

We appreciate these might not be the changes you personally want, but they are the ones expected or desired by the majority of players and will open the door for further improvements.
Look, I know you gotta make tough calls and unpopular calls, but how about you stop pretending that you know what a majority of the players want? I never understand why you troll your players like this. It's either insensitive or intentionally disrespectful.

#306 Der Wuerger

Rookie

• Hero of Jade Falcon
  • Hero of Jade Falcon
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

If you dont throw out more weapon modules to be used its total crap.... what do i put in a warhawk prime with standart weapons and no ams?????? NOTHING??? NICE! also very creativ only making range increase modules.... why not throw some weapon cicle reduction 2% or heatreduction for specific weapons 2%, ultra ac jamming decrease and so on.

#307 donut overdose

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

By removing a mech module you have made all my spent GXP and cbills meaningless. I worked (played) and saved for the purpose of buying specific mech modules. Now what the heck am I to do with modules I will never use? Let me guess, since it was never meant to be (Russ' tweet) I should be happy to have used them for the four months I've been playing MWO. Even a better idea, maybe I should sell them for a 50% loss.

#308 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

They should also change the imp airstrike/UAV modules to Not be mech modules, but consumables instead.

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 August 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#309 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 05 August 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

They should also change the imp airstrike/UAV modules to Not be mech modules, but consumables instead.

Excelent idea.
It improves consumables but it is not a consumable itself.
It could use a weapon module or be useable in weapon and consumable slots?
Also there should only be equipable if you have the consumable equiped to prevent people from buying the wrong module. ;)

#310 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

Not worth a consumable slot either. They should just be passive upgrades.

#311 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Again, the slots as they stand now are fine. Worry about more pressing topics like nerfs to PPC's and Gauss cannons...

#312 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostKhobai, on 05 August 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

Not worth a consumable slot either. They should just be passive upgrades.

as clanner without artillerie, it would be worth it.

#313 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I didn't read through all the gripes and solutions on here...but I do agree on one thing; the new module system is a huge overhaul, and for those that don't read the forums, a big disappointment as they were unprepared.

My solution is; allow modules to be sold back for full price. Not a big deal. It's fake money. Plus it makes it much easier for newer players to buy/sell/try out modules and see what they ultimately like.

Not everyone is going to master 3 chassis to get the extra slot (I dont agree w the 3 chassis rule as it is...kinda silly)

But anyway, I hope you guys like and implement that idea, even just temporarily until we all swallow this new change.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users