Cataphract 2X Bug. Please update dynamic weapon models!

40 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostCest7, on 23 July 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Technically, 2xSRM6 will fire 4+2 twice. Thats 4 volleys. 2xSRM4 will fire 2x4. Commen sense?
Try shoving 6 sticks through 4 equal diameter holes.

And yet, you can fire two AC5 bullets through a single barrel...

You actually can, on the older mechs, fire multiple weapons from the same "barrel/tube". Same goes for SRMs and LRMs. I can do it with the Centurion, by having 2 LRM10 systems in the 10 tube launcher, and yet can fire all 20 missiles through the 10 tubes at the same time...

Kinda looking like someone else doesn't exactly grasp the error bug being discussed here...

#22 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

This is how all mech models used to work. Most have been updated, but not all of them. It's just a quirk for now.

#23 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

It is actually a positive quirk, since you get lower SRM4 spread while firing SRM6s.

Nobody knows how the launchers will change when the model is updated. For example TBT-7K used to have a 2x2 launchers and it got upgraded to 20+15. AS7-D-DC on the other hand retained the original 10+6+6 missile tubes.

Edited by Kmieciu, 23 July 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#24 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Also, The Cataphract doesn't have the updated weapon meshes. Like all other older mechs that haven't gotten these updates, the missile ports can be really strange sometimes. What you are seeing with the dual SRM6 is an old bug with those old tubes. Per launch, you are probably launching 8 SRMs (4 from each launcher) in the first volley, and, instead of doing a partial of the remaining 2 from each system, it is shooting those 2 as a full volley of 4, but at two separate times.
(Think of it as 8+2(4)+2(4), the (numbers) are what is actually shooting out. Have you noticed your ammo dropping any faster? Check it out on the testing grounds, and see how many SRMs you actually shoot, once with each launcher separate, and another time alphaed together.)

Just re-test this. You are wrong for the CTF 2X dude... The ammo usage is correct NO additional missiles fired based on tubes. Maybe they fixed it along the way.

The lack of dynamic weapon models is what makes things confusing as there appears to be only 1 x4 Tube launcher.
You have to take what Smufy tells you as the correct information because it is pulling the information directly from the game files.

Going to help explain this a bit more for new people who want to know rather than the courtesy impaired fellow, Mr. B.

--

Eg. CTF 2X with Two x4 Tubes in the left arm.

Note that there is 1 is to 1 set relationship between the weapon and tubes set.

Eg 1. SRM2
One SRM2 will be linked to one x4 tube set.
Two SRM2 will be linked to one x4 tube set each.
Two SRM2 will NEVER be link to one x4 tube set !!

How it fires.
SRM2 via x4 Tube SET 1. (2)
SRM2 via x4 Tube SET 2. (2)

--

Eg 2. SRM6
One SRM6 will be linked to one x4 tube set.
Two SRM6 will be linked to one x4 tube set each.

How it fires.
SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 1 in two volleys (4+2)
SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 2 in two volleys (4+2)

--

Eg 3. LRM15
One LRM15 will be linked to one x4 tube set.
Two SRM15 will be linked to one x4 tube set each.

How it fires.
LRM15 via x4 Tube SET 1 in five volleys (4+4+4+4+3)
LRM15 via x4 Tube SET 2 in five volleys (4+4+4+4+3)

Hope this enlightens some people.

Edited by ShinVector, 24 July 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#25 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 July 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Going to help explain this a bit more for new people who want to know rather than the courtesy impaired fellow, Mr. B.

why should I show you any courtesy when this was your original reply in the previous topic:

[color=#959595]If yer go to the good'ole Smufy... You will realise that the good'ole CTF2X has 4x2 Tubes.[/color]
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ab#i=42&l=stock

[color=#959595]People not surprised since it is a known fact.. lol... Ye.. Must learn the way of the Smurfy my friend[/color]
[color=#959595]
[/color]

Like really... talking like I'm some kind of idiot and don't know anything about the game.. you've acted in a passive aggressive way talking down to me the entire time... and you expect courtesy? Respect is earned not given.. don't care how long you've played this game.. you act like a ******... you'll be treated as one.

Edited by BaronBastardKiller, 24 July 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#26 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

As mentioned, it's a model mesh issue with the that particular Mech. Personally... I don't always give attitude when it's dished out on me, because it makes me no better than the other person... and I work inside a law firm dealing with cranking moody people all day. No one likes dealing with attitude, and it never hurts to simply submit a support ticket because that's how stuff gets fixed around here... not like the crying some folks do on the forums... and be aware of forum trolls, they like to push buttons...

I agree. Like yourself I get a lot of attitude in the real world and being professional means just brushing it off.. so it irks me to no end when I come to a community with allegedly like minded people to enjoy something, and find said attitude and people looking down at me when I post a simple question. I wanted to discuss the issue with the community because maybe I was wrong and there was no need to file a support claim. Rather than find someone discuss something with me, he laughed at me, and said I should go to smurfys and know what everyone else knows... as if I was some kind of idiot...

I'm happy to laugh and joke with people... But one thing I can't stand is people here acting like they're better than others due to their ELO or the fact they are in some faction/unit....

I can usually spot the trolls and take them as is. But shinvector isn't a troll, he just has social skill issues.

#27 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Well, it seems to me that the poor CTF-2X has started something it did not mean to start just by being itself. ;)
At any rate, I cannot say with any certainty how that particular variant's missile tubes work because I never owned one (1X, 3D, and 4X for me), but from what I am reading it sounds like, at least at some point, it was functioning in a non-standard format.
Still, I do not believe that was any reason for anyone to get snarky with each other. :P

#28 Kurkotain

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts
  • LocationOmnicron persei 8

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Well this thread degenerated pretty quick.

Yes, the smurfy's tube count can sometimes be a bit confusing until you have more experience with different chassis and interpreting the tube count readout.

Hang in there.

#29 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

I mostly just use smurfys on occasion to see if I can fit a particular loadout on a mech. I always figured the mech lab will reflect appearance changes, or lack thereof.

#30 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostCest7, on 23 July 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Technically, 2xSRM6 will fire 4+2 twice. Thats 4 volleys. 2xSRM4 will fire 2x4. Commen sense?
Try shoving 6 sticks through 4 equal diameter holes.

View PostShinVector, on 24 July 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

How it fires.
SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 1 in two volleys (4+2)
SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 2 in two volleys (4+2)

So we have two launchers with four tubes each.

It sounded like the OP was saying 2x SRM6 fires in three volleys: 4, 4, 4.

It should be firing in two: 8, 4.

If it really is firing in three volleys (whether that is happening I cannot say), that is a bug with two launchers sharing the same 4 tubes and the other 4 tubes going unused.

The graphical representation of the launchers has never meant anything when it comes to actual launching behavior. I think the appearance issue is a separate gripe he has.

#31 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 24 July 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Like really... talking like I'm some kind of idiot and don't know anything about the game.. you've acted in a passive aggressive way talking down to me the entire time... and you expect courtesy? Respect is earned not given.. don't care how long you've played this game.. you act like a ******... you'll be treated as one.

Yet do you see any mods berating me for it ? Yeah.. Because normal people would think that reply was written as being more light hearted in mind. (Which it was. :D )

Somehow I managed to push your EMO buttons and all this while you could NOT reply to me in a mature manner.

View PostFelio, on 24 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

So we have two launchers with four tubes each.
It sounded like the OP was saying 2x SRM6 fires in three volleys: 4, 4, 4.
It should be firing in two: 8, 4.
If it really is firing in three volleys (whether that is happening I cannot say), that is a bug with two launchers sharing the same 4 tubes and the other 4 tubes going unused.

The graphical representation of the launchers has never meant anything when it comes to actual launching behavior. I think the appearance issue is a separate gripe he has.

Hmmm.. I am a CTF2X Owner... So to me OP has no idea what he is talking about.
Unless he provide steps to reproduce this 'bug' else to me.. He is again giving misinformation..

--

Eg 2. SRM6
One SRM6 will be linked to one x4 tube set.
Two SRM6 will be linked to one x4 tube set each.

How it fires.
1. SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 1 in two volleys (4+2)
2. SRM6 via x4 Tube SET 2 in two volleys (4+2)
3. Dual SRM6 Alpha. Point 1 and 2 done together in parallel. (8+4)

--

Edited by ShinVector, 24 July 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#32 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostShinVector, on 24 July 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Yet do you see any mods berating me for it ? Yeah.. Because normal people would think that reply was written as being more light hearted in mind. (Which it was. :D )

Somehow I managed to push your EMO buttons and all this while you could NOT reply to me in a mature manner.

Hmmm.. I am a CTF2X Owner... So to me OP has no idea what he is talking about.
Unless he provide steps to reproduce this 'bug' else to me.. He is again giving misinformation..

unreal...

you are clearly a troll who gets off on being rude, and then when people are equally rude back to you, you get all "I didn't go anything wrong" about it...

Yeah I have no clue... whatsoever.... at all.

#33 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

[Redacted]

Seems OP has finally understood what dynamic weapon models mean in his 3rd topic.
http://mwomercs.com/...87#entry3579687

Edited by ShinVector, 24 July 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#34 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 24 July 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

unreal...

you are clearly a troll who gets off on being rude, and then when people are equally rude back to you, you get all "I didn't go anything wrong" about it...

Yeah I have no clue... whatsoever.... at all.

This thread would have been cordial if it had started out that way. The people here are pretty decent, as gaming communities go. Let go of your anger, and try to remember most people on a forum are more eager to post in a thread they disagree with. Don't give them an invitation to fight by being abrasive, even if it is directed at PGI.

Anyway, ShinVector's video shows the missile tubes doing exactly what they are supposed to do. If you can produce a video showing a problem, well, the correct place to put that is in an email to support@mwomercs.com.

#35 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

I think at this point this thread should be locked. It is not being very constructive at this point. :/

#36 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostShinVector, on 24 July 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

[Redacted]

Seems OP has finally understood what dynamic weapon models mean in his 3rd topic.
http://mwomercs.com/...87#entry3579687

2nd topic actually... but who's counting right?

again with the insulting tone...

View PostStrypewolf, on 25 July 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

I think at this point this thread should be locked. It is not being very constructive at this point. :/

I agree. I reported Shin twice already, I'm guessin the mods see my attitude as "you had it coming" (usually their response).

be that as it may. lock it for all I care, my fault for posting anyways, knowing someone like that dude was bound to pop up and act like he's better than us all.

#37 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostFelio, on 25 July 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

This thread would have been cordial if it had started out that way. The people here are pretty decent, as gaming communities go. Let go of your anger, and try to remember most people on a forum are more eager to post in a thread they disagree with. Don't give them an invitation to fight by being abrasive, even if it is directed at PGI.

Anyway, ShinVector's video shows the missile tubes doing exactly what they are supposed to do. If you can produce a video showing a problem, well, the correct place to put that is in an email to support@mwomercs.com.

I have no anger... I'm just tired of the amount of negativity and old timers talking down to people trying to join the community. They give off this "no we are better than you and you are stupid and you do not belong here because we are soooo much better than you vibe".

Like really, what's the point of acting that way?

#38 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

I am a newer player as well but I did not see this vibe. What I am seeing is you trying to get in the last word to put it bluntly. If you don't agree with what Shin posted there are better ways to word it. Other than the missing dynamic update from the CTF it was a bit unclear what the issue was.

Maybe a better way would've been to ask something in the effect of:

My CTF2X is firing srm 6s in an odd fashion of several salvos. Is thus normal or a bug of the weapon or chassis?

Just my closing 2 C-bills worth. I hope this helps you voice future possible issues.

Edited by Strypewolf, 25 July 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#39 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostStrypewolf, on 25 July 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

I am a newer player as well but I did not see this vibe. What I am seeing is you trying to get in the last word to put it bluntly. If you don't agree with what Shin posted there are better ways to word it. Other than the missing dynamic update from the CTF it was a bit unclear what the issue was.

Maybe a better way would've been to ask something in the effect of:

My CTF2X is firing srm 6s in an odd fashion of several salvos. Is thus normal or a bug of the weapon or chassis?

Just my closing 2 C-bills worth. I hope this helps you voice future possible issues.

my friend my original topic was in that affect.

he then came along and told me to go to smurfys and not ask stupid common knowledge questions.

I won't be voicing future issues. no point.

#40 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hey there. I did explain this with your original topic.

One it's an old issue.
Two it's a Cataphract 2X NOT 4X.
Three it's because at the time they fluffed 2 launchers and mechs that share 'tubes' between multiple launchers will do this. It's a problem until PGI's art team has some free time. They won't have some free time until the new maps are here.

For now, happily abuse it to your heart's content until they do get around to making a "Cataphract customization visualization update."

The last time they did this was to the Ravens, except it was partial instead of complete (as they did the Hero mech and gave it customization to that extent for now as it was mandatory).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users