Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Ever played Starcraft 2?

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

I don't think that this would do any good for the game:

1. MWO is a teamgame after all - even though many people in pugs can't even spell team. However as a result of this - the outcome of a game is usualy not determined by the skill of a single player. Therefore even the best player will loose games for reasons he/she can not influence.

2. what should replace ELO? which figure should be used to determine the rank in the league?
- KDR - people complain about kill stealing allready, also there is the problem of the "light who can't win but is hiding till the end of the game to keep his/her precious kdr high"
- W/L - as said before, does not tell much about the player in pugs (only groupdrops vs. groupdrops)
- damage done - this would favour clan-mechs with their high spread damage over IS-mechs with their pin point damage

Another problem here:
how should DCs be treated? lets assume one of the figures above is used for the ranking - many people might DC on purpose in game they feel can't be won - and thus weaking their teams. personal note on that: I have seen many games where in the first 30 seconds the outcome was decided, however I have seen also many games won even though the enemie team took the lead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users